Alistar Build Guide by Youree
Not Updated For Current Season
Hybrid Alistar (TOP Lane)
Final Build Example (Defensively)
Final Build Example (Offensively 1)
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Alistar with this build
|Kassadin||Easy easy, hit him before he gets level 6 and the lane is yours, even after the level 6, if you got a good farm the lane will also be yours|
|Fizz||Same thing with Kassadin. Also applies in any 'Assassin - Fighter' that people try to do Top|
This build to Alistar provides you to have hybrid damage, either Magical or Physical. Enjoy!
Pros / Cons
- High magic and physical resistance
- Good physical and magical damage
- Good CC
- Good Cooldown reduction
- Late game damage
- High mana usage
Flash : obviously flash on Alistar would help in anything, even strategically. You can flash behind the enemy champion and quickly Headbutt him onto the tower, if it is an Irelia, for example, and she uses Q on you to escape you can Flash onto your own tower to bring her more on your tower xD
Ignite : use it if someone already picked Teleport in some lane.
Teleport : standard top laner summoner spell, the best one in my opinion to any tanky top laner, it allows you to support in any lane when you use it wisely.
Mark : Hybrid marks because of the build items you will buy, early game AP, late game AD.
Seals : Armor seals to the early game.
Glyphs : you have x3 Glyphs of Magic resist and x6 Glyphs of Cooldown Reduction so you can start with 10% of Cooldown reduction already.
Doran's Ring : You can get it if you need mana regen and health, mostly used.
Crystalline Flask : if you got high mana usage on the start, good against annoying poking champions, either ranged or with fast escape.
Doran's Blade : for more damage on the start, not that recommended if you got inhibited to farm
Ninja Tabi : You can use this one more defensively.
Mercury's Treads : For magic resist and good against enemy's CCs.
- The Core items was redone, adding the focusing on build Rod of Ages first of all, then you can decide what else you want to build
- In case of dealing less AP damage or having a tank on the enemy team that you want to deal more damage on it, the Sorcerer's Shoes is highly recommended.
- In case you're needing early Cooldown Reduction, Ionian Boots of Lucidity is recommended too, later you can combine with other items and avoid using ones and being able to use other ones.
|Catalyst the Protector|
Hybrid Tank Build (Defensively)
Ionian Boots of Lucidity : giving you cooldown reduction
Hybrid Tank Build (Offensively 1)
Rod of Ages : Your core item to mana, ability power and health on the early start, rushing on the start will also give you the stacks earlier.
Abyssal Scepter : for the combination with your Sorcerer's Shoes, this item will reduce enemy's magic resist, letting you deal better damage with the W + Q combo before goes to the basic attack, this item can be replaced by any other item you want, as Maw of Malmortius or any other, defensive or offensive.
Hybrid Tank Build (Offensively 2)
- On this build we will only be diving the Trinity Force in three, now that we have The Black Cleaver being built by the Phage we have three items that can do the trinity force. Dividing the Trinity Force in three will increase the effects of it, giving you more health, damage, attack speed, critical strike, will give you armor now too and a different spellblade passive provided by the Iceborn Gauntlet that will help you on farm
Rod of Ages : same things as the previous builds, you will need this item to the early sustain, mana and ability power.
On this build, Alistar will basically be the hybrid tank that can't be stopped, the early game will be based on the AP damage on the Headbutt + Pulverize combo, the late came is when you will build the AD items, as Trinity Force and Infinity Edge, they will be your core Attack Damage items.
Always try to get your enemy under your tower on the early game, if you're playing safe this will also help you a bunch. Having fun and good luck on your games!
Build made by Inku Akaji (aka Youree "Ghostly") . You can see more builds over : http://allbuilds.tumblr.com. Some of the builds will be posted here instead of there and vice versa.