Team Guide by Lightdn
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Time To Dance
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Who to watch
I am lightkerosene, now pokèmon masta, in season 2 i reached 2k elo by maining support and jungle. This is my in depth guide of Some Supports I currently enjoy in season 3.
One of the best supports ever.
A goes hard in the paint support.Known for troll building.
Streams often decent support.
Wards, Sightstone, and You!
Here are other warding spots.
All About Gp5 in today's meta!
Warding is the difference between winning and losing. As is picking up oracles too early in the game.
ALWAYS WARD THEIR BRUSH UPON REACHING LANE!!!!!!!!!! SUPPORT 101.
Keeping The lane to your advantage
2 more huge tips. If you draw minion aggro by attacking the enemy it will pull the lane closer to you, but your minions will be getting free hits in. Second, Do not let them reach turret if possible. Simply take aggro of the minions and pull them away from the turret without putting yourself out of position.
Non Mandatory Video on Masteries. I do not agree with everything in this video.
This video explains most of it. Pick one of the support players from who to watch and watch for when they decide to trade and when they don't. They all have different styles. Find a player similar to your style.
Intresting little video for you skin lovers.
These videos are not mine but they explain a lot of concepts i do. In lane phase however your attacks are your best form of harass.
- Master of Auras (All Spells Grant Auras!)
- Great lane sustainer (heals consistantly)
- Excellent lane harrassment (power cord)
- Amazing CC (slow and stun)
- Great mobility (Song of Celerity)
- Heal is a bit weak but consistant (low heal, low cooldown)
- Little CC in lane (powercord plus song of celerity = slow, till 6)
- Killable in teamfights (sitting duck)
- Ult is sometimes glitchy unfortuantely and will miss (goes through them sometimes)
- Great sustain (good heal)
- Great auras (shatter)
- Single Target Stun (dazzle)
- Huge ult for teamfights (radience)
- squishy for a tank if not played right (see con 3)
- Single target stun for teamfights (dazzle)
- Shatter is a double edged sword as if popped he losses 40 armor temporarily (Ouch)
- Decent Lane sustain (heal short cooldown)
- 2 forms of cc early (knockback / popup)
- Best roamer of the supports (headbutt + pulverize = devistation)
- Decent turret pusher (passive)
- Will push lanes if not played right
- Cannot sustain a bad carry
- No Lane control = no roam, which limits him heavily
- Hard to master, boring to play.
- Amazing Passive (3% ms for everyone)
- Good kiter (high movespeed)
- shield plus 50 damage for carry (nice)
- 3 forms of CC (knockback/ popup/ slow)
- Excellent ult for breaking up aoe ( Amumu, Kennen, Morgana)
- Subpar lane sustain
- No heal for early
- Doesn't shine till mid to late game
- Hard to master ult.
- Newer janna's will blow at least 2-3 kills away in a 5 game run.
- Gives someone mana (only champ that can do this)
- 3 Heals including 1 gloabal (good god can this be annoying)
- Best lane sustainer (if you wanna farm, then farm
- Silence! (so long of a silence)
- Free magic resist and armor (heal gives armor, passive is magic resist)
- Lowers the other teams magic resist (starcall)
- High Cooldown heal for good reason
- Expected too highly of sometimes by carries...
These are The unconventional supports.
They are not bad just different and often hard for noobs to accept as the one they need to farm next to. often insuperior to the others.
- Hooks are amazing
- Amazing CC
- Great Roamer
- Awesome lane partner when landing hooks
- Once shut down completely shutdown
- Not as efficient late game
- No lane sustain
- If missing hooks is a team killer, as in your team will likely lose with a bad blitzcrank
and yes it is his fault.
- Only viable if landing hooks
- BEWARE OF THIS ONE
- Lots of CC
- Good at singling people out
- Good Burst
- No Lane sustain
- Not very efficient till 3 on
- Can be shut down if not careful
- Gankable cannot leap to an ally
- 1 trick pony go hard or go home -.-
- Not a bad choice. generally accepted.
Shield in lane
Slows attackspeed and movespeed great for countering ADC
Does great damage
Has 2 forms of CC
High Mobility great for blitz counter. (Get hooked W minion)
One of like 4 supports who can do golems while ADC is farming
Not played like the usual Lee Sin
Will get raged at by noobs
If not built right will be useless but what lee isnt.
Great ult for fights
Good for kiting comps or poke comps
Can be out classed
Noobs don't work well with her
Ult the wrong person lose the fight :/
Slows and extra Damage for carry
Best support for Kogmaw
Great ult for teamfights
Hard to work with
Heal isnt very strong
Low AP ratios make scaling hard
Skillshots for CC
Can become the carry
Great ult in teamfights
Ult will sometimes miss or they will turn and it will only be a slow
High Skill Cap
- Clairvoyance + Frost Hawk = numba 1 vision
- Slows and decent at slowing ganker from ganking ally
- Arrow is global so if played well can land arrows supporting other lanes
- Can also carry late
- Volley is a great harrasser
- No lane sustain
- Will be called an idiot when chosen in ranked at anything under 1500 elo
- Not well percieved
- but honestly her skill sets scream support with her bad base stats
- Blind in a lane where the support does no damage can completely cripple enemy carry
- Shrooms Everywhere OMG
- Late Game tank killer
- Can hide with passive making it hard to gank him and easy to not steal carries minions
- Good at causing havoc for the enemy team
- Useless if not well fed is the general conception of this champion
- Hard to master positioning.
- Gankable and not well perceived as a support.
- But isn't bad at all.
- Amazing Passive
- Great harrasser
- Good slow or speed boost
- Can revive a dying ally
- No lane sustain
- Mana hungry
- Not really useful if targetted well by opposition
- Pushes lane if enemy isn't dumb.
After playing each support alot i have decided sona Probably shines the most, her movespeed bonus is just insane, free shurelyas.
Anyways enjoy the guide hope it helps you out when you go to pick your support in the future, remember each support is situational. such as if you have kennen morgana amumu kogmaw dont pick janna, go with someone like soraka or alistar.
and if you have little cc dont pick soraka, pick the janna or sona or taric.
(Will Revise Guide When New Masteries Come)
Unmentioned but also viable supports, Twisted Fate, Lee Sin, Cho'Gath, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Lux, Nidalee, Morgana, Viktor, Orianna