Shyvana Build Guide by elle_19
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Introduction & Jungle route
Welcome to my Shyvana guide.
- This guide is mainly focused on Shyvana as a champion, aswell as some of the counter jungling aspects.
- Shyvana is by far my favorite and most played jungler (100+ solo queue ranked games).
- Shyvana from my experience and I jungle pretty much everything even Evelynn.
- Shyvana is one of the fastest junglers because of your AoE magic damage from Burnout and massive Twin Bite proccs, She is comparable to Dr. Mundo or Phoenix Udyr all of those are really quick junglers in terms of clear time...
- I play Shyvana really aggressive aiming for a really high creep score.
- This jungling route is really simple, you mainly just focus on grabbing your own buffs/camps, going back grabbing a Sight ward and what ever you can afford building towards Wriggle's Lantern. Use the Sight Ward at their Wraith camp and steal it as many times possible.
- My standard route is Wraiths -> Red buff -> Top/mid gank lvl 2 with either Doran's Blade or Boots of Speed 3x Health Potion.
- Another route I usually run against slower junglers such as Maokai, Nautilus, Warwick and Alistar I tend to go Wolves -> Blue buff -> Enemy Red buff -> Lvl 3 gank top/mid or continuing my route as shown in the picture above.
- Another pretty good jungle route is going for Cloth Armor with 5x Health potions starting Wolves -> Blue buff -> Enemy Wraiths -> Wraiths -> Red buff -> Gank it works perfectly fine unless ur against Dr. Mundo, Udyr, Lee Sin or Nocturne basiclly against any slow junglers that tend to start blue buff... It's great because you gain loads of experience and lvl advantage, you can also leave a small Wraith so ur opponent falls behind a little bit.
- If you're up against someone like Lee Sin or Riven which usually start Wraiths -> Red buff -> lvl 2 gank top, you can easily counter jungle their Blue buff ONLY if they show top, route shown below.
Pros / Cons
Boots of Speed
- Are what i usually start out my build with aswell as 3 Health Potion since it gives you great mobility and you dont really need the sustain from Cloth Armor. Later upgraded into Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi depending on what your up against.
- Is really not optional on Shyvana jungle the stats are perfect for you and increases your jungle clear time aswell.
- You would always wanna get this unless ur against a really heavy ap team then you could swap it for 2x Doran's Blade, Also you upgrade it to Randuin's Omen
- You really need the cc procs from it, upgrade to Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet depending if you need damage or tankyness with more cc.
- Totally beast with your Burnout all the magic damage you deal makes up for the lack of flat AD and Armor penetration and Attack speed is just simply amazing on Shyvana.
- If the enemy team is warding alot I find it to be a waste to let the support buy Vision Ward/ Oracle's Elixir since your already running around ganking. And its great if your going to take early Dragons or if your ganking alot you can clear their wards.
Yo dawg, heard you like builds...
Against AD Heavy
Against AP Heavy
Bulky *** mofo
Viable Summoner Spells
- Smite IS NOT AN OPTION. Ofcourse you can jungle without it, but the cleartime is reduced hard early aswell as its just plain out ******ed not to use smite to secure buffs/dragons and barons.
- Exhaust makes up for your lack of CC and increases ur gank pressure... and with Dragon's Descent you really dont need another escape route.
- Flash is also a decent option if dont feel comfortable with no escapes pre level 6. Can be used on ganks but not as succesfully as exhaust in my opinion.
- Ghost is a kinda stupid choice since you have you're movement speed buff from Burnout you really dont need more MS.
- Ignite might work in some cases but I dont like it at all, tho if you fancy going into enemy jungle and trying to kill them at red... Idk might work well for you.
Non-Viable Summoner spells
- Cleanse this is viable on some champions like Tryndamere and Master Yi jungle, but not on Shyvana...
- Heal how would this benefit you in any way while jungling?
- Teleport sure you can teleport gank, but that should not be nessecary since you have the mobility from your Burnout.
- Revive kidding me? your not supposed to die really... unless your playing zombie Karthus.
- Surge not viable in any way on Shyvana jungle.
- Promote it doesnt even work on jungle creeps and why would you wanna push your teammates lanes that slow? <.<
- This is my normal mastery page 9/21/0 mainly focusing on armor penetration and attack speed in offence, maxing Twin Bite second, Aswell as getting Bladed Armor Veteran's Scars and increased movement speed.
- This mastery page is focused on offence and is used for HEAVY counter jungling by going 21/9/0 and picking up Weapon Expertise and Arcane Knowledge for both 10% armor and magic penetration, With some standard defensive masteries such as improved Smite and Hardiness , Resistance and Bladed Armor .
- This is kinda experimental maxing Flame Breath second after Burnout for more magic damage aswell as rushing Wit's End after your Wriggle's Lantern and Heart of Gold/ Doran's Blade. More focusing on ganks then counter jungling going 9/21/0 with Arcane Knowledge in offence instead of Weapon Expertise .
Heard you like Runes
Standard AD based
I bring nothing but the best for you...
- This is my "OWN" optimal runepage atleast for me. This page brings you alot of sustain and damage and good cleartime. combinded with the 9/21/0 page with Weapon Expertise this is really strong. In my opinion and with my playstyle this works amazingly well and have done for 100+ jungle Shyvana games.
- Works pretty good haven't been able to try it out too much yet... but it brings mobility but lack sustain, you should probably start Cloth Armor 5x Health Potion to sustain you for ganks.
- Only tested about 5 games, works pretty well would suggest if you wanna play aggressive early levels.
- Okey so now lets move on to warding!
- Warding is one of the most important things you need to do while counterjungling. It brings you map awareness and knowledge of where your enemys are. Its also really important that you keep the bigger objectives such as Dragon and Baron Warded all the time (Baron from 15:00).
- Why ward at enemy wraiths?
Mainly because you will see when they respawn so you can run in and kill the camp over and over, gaining alot of free XP and gold.
- What are these color markings around the wards?
- These markings is mainly used to show which wards are most important for you as a jungler while counterjungling and ganking.
- The red markings are the most important ones, should be there all game long during lane phase (Baron / Dragon ward should be there all game long).
- The blue markings are the second most important ones, normal safety wards and buff wards.
- The yellow marking is also a safety ward but usually put there by bottom lane so dont worry about that one too much other then that your enemys most likely has a sight ward there aswell, keep that in mind while ganking bottom lane.
How to combo your abilities!
- E -> W -> Q = Pre level 6.
- W -> R -> E -> Q = When 6 or above.
You always want to land your E before Q hits for more damage, also while in Dragon's Descent you want the trail frome Burnout for more DPS.
- Since you most likely wont be running flash remeber to save Dragon's Descent in sticky situations so you can dash over walls to escape! USE IT WISELY.
- Q = Twin Bite is your main source of single target damage especially if you go Trinity Force your DPS is totally insane, maxed second or third depending on your playstyle.
- W = Burnout is why shyvana is so good in the jungle, it gives her a insane cleartime and amazing mobility for ganks or counter jungling, should be maxed out first in every situation.
- E = Flame Breath is a really good spell combinded with ur Twin Bite since it grants you 15% armor penetration for 4 seconds, maxed third or second depending how you play shyvana.
- R = Dragon's Descent makes you really tanky, grants you alot more damage since it upgrades your abilitys while in Dragon's Descent shyvana loses 6 fury each second, when you reach 0 fury your ultimate ends (auto attacks and Twin Bite keeps it up for a longer time. You also grant fury for auto attacking so if you continue farming while ur ultimate is on CD it will be up really quickly.
- Twin Bite cleaves onto every champion infront of you grants you 2 fury.
- Burnout now scorches the ground leaving a trail of fire which damages enemy units walking/standing on top of it.
- Flame Breath now deals damage in form of a AoE which combinded with your Twin Bite gives massive damage!