Yorick Build Guide by Fox Rage
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello hello, it's me, Fox Rage. This is my second build, and i decided to do it with something i tried a couple of time today. Jungle Yorick. I wanted to try it when he came out, but as everyone know, he was kinda underpowered. But, since the last patch, he was buffed a lot, making him a great champion! So, why not? I asked myself. I won't lose anything.
I WILL UPDATE WEEKLY
News about Yorick
Here is everything that was changed for Yorick in patch v126.96.36.199, july 08th
As you will see, Yorick isnt the same character AT ALL. In people's mind, he went from ''we-lose-for-sure-champion'' to ''Sweet-a-Yorick-he's-freaking-awesome''. You read right, no more queue dodge every time you lock in as Yorick. Isn't that awesome?
* Omen of War
o Fixed a bug where the Spectral Ghoul would not spawn if Yorick was silenced.
* Omen of Pestilence
o Increased the cast range by 50
o Improved the consistency of the AoE slow by increasing the radius and rate of application.
o Mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55//60 from 50/55/60/65/70
* Omen of Famine
o Mana cost reduced to 55/60/65/70/75 from 60/65/70/75/80
* Omen of Death
o Updated the visual of Reanimated Champions to better show when a Champion has revived.
o Removed the health decay on the Revenant and Reanimated pets
o Fixed a bug with the interaction between Chronoshift and Revenants
o Fixed a bug with Heimerdinger's turrets and the Reanimated state
* Unholy Symbiosis
o Yorick now takes 5% reduced damage for each summon that is active.
o Increased the Attack Damage and Health of ghouls to 35% from 30% of Yorick's Attack Damage and Health
o Ghouls are now immune to slows.
o Ghouls take 50% reduced damage from AoE abilities
o Mana per level increased to 35 from 30
o Health per level increased to 85 from 80
o Armor per level increased to 3.6 from 3
o Base Movement speed increased to 320 from 315
o Slightly increased his base Attack Speed
Pros and Cons
- Can take a lot of punishment
- Has great ratio on skills
- Can summon up to 4 Ghoul at the same time (3 plus the one produced my Omen of Death
- Has a big AoE slow
- Omen of Famine heal you a lot
- Short Cooldown
- He's a gravedigger
- Successfully scares GhostBusters
- Mana Hungry
- Weak early game
- People don`t always understand how Omen of Death works, and therefore waste it by running away when revived instead of fighting
- Has long Cooldown on skills, especially Omen of Death.
- If the enemy successfully gank your blue, steal it, and take their blue, you, my friend, are f*cked and need to lane, since Yorick CANNOT jungle without blue buff.
9 Greater Mark Of Desolation : +14.94 Armor Penetration
9 Greater Seal Of Resilience : +12.69 Flat Armor
9 Greater Glyph Of Warding : +12.69 Flap Magic Resist
3 Greater Quintessence Of Desolation : +9.99 Armor Penetration
OK, i must admit, i'm an armor penetration/magic penetration fan. I just love them. I mean, what's cooler than doing 110% of your Attack Damage on an enemy because you got more armor penetration than he has armor, therefore bringing him in the negative. If you took the same masteries as me, you will have 31 armor penetration at lvl 1. That is more than any champion has, without runes of course. Wich prouves that armor penetration runes are really, really awesome.
Seals and Glyph are just usual jungler/tank runes. Flat armor to help you survive in the jungle and a bit of flat magic resist to help you survive when you gank.
Usual jungle masteries. 21/0/9. You get armor pen, attack speed,critical chance,cooldown, attack damage, smite, death timer, XP and buff duration buff. As said above, if you take those masteries, plus the runes I suggest, you will have 31 armor penetration at lvl 1, wich is more than any champion have armor lvl 1, without runes, obviously.
Flash I just love this spell, soooo awesome. Flash is great when you want to gank, and surprise the enemy but flashing into them and using Omen of Pestilence to slow them. It's also a great escape tool, if used well.
Smite YES, I KNOW. Not every jungler needs smite, Olaf and Warwick are good example, but Yorick needs it. Plus, the +5 gold from the mastery is sweet and it makes the jungle faster.
Ghost Sure, why not. If you prefer Ghost to Flash, use Ghost. I just personally prefer Flash.
Rally I can't say much about Rally, siince i didnt try Yorick Jungle with it, but I will, and then I will update :p
Teleport Again, it's a personal choice based on preference. Can be quite surprising when you want to gank, you can teleport to a ward/mushroom.
Clarity Yorick isn't as mana hungry as he was before. Therefore, you do not need that spell.
Clairvoyance It can be really good if used well, but i suggest you leave this spell to the support
Fortify It can be really good if used well, but i suggest you leave this spell to the tank
Ignite Nothing is more frustrating than an enemy that escape with 10 hp, that you successfully ignite, but he survives. And trust me, it will happen A LOT with this cursed spell.
Heal Again, if used well, it can be awesome, but i prefer the mobility Flash gives me.
Revive You don't have a teleporting skill like Shen, Pantheon or Twisted Fate, so if you use it, it's because you die waaaaay too much. I suggest, if that is your problem, you to go make a couple of Coop VS AI, so you can understand the game's mechanic a bit more.
Exhaust is a devastating skill that can change the course of a battle in a split second. It's really an awesome spell, but Yorick needs mobility to get close to the enemy, do Flash would be better for a jungle Yorick.
Core Items (Wich you MUST keep)
Items that can be changed
- Cloth Armor Health Potion Gives good survivability, therefore helping A LOT against Blue Buff. Get Vampiric Scepter when you finished the jungle path i'll give you later, then buy a jungler's best friend, Wriggle's Lantern. When this is done, go get your boots.
- Boots of Swiftness These boots offer great movement speed, which is really needed when you want to gank. You can also pick Boots of Mobility, but +3 movement speed in a fight can be a life saver.
- Buy a Long Sword to make Phage. A great item for Yorick since it gives health and attack damage, plus a cool passive. When you got enough, get a Sheen and then finish with a Trinity Force. I can already hear the trolls ''FoxRage is so noob,he gives AP to Yorick. What a moron.'' Yeah.... carefully read Trinity Force's passive, then come tell me i'm dumb for giving it to Yorick, seriously. With Trinity Force, your Omen of War ends up doing sooo much damage it's stupid.
- Get Negatron Cloak to transform into Banshee's Veil wich is probably one of the coolest item in League Of Legends. It's passive makes me want to marry that ankh.
- The Bloodthirster comes next. It gives you ton of Attack Damage and Life Steal. Plus, Bloodthirster has a great synergie with Trinity Force.
- Infinity Edge combined with Bloodthirster and Trinity Force, your Omen of War does soo much damage now! You won't believe it! Hell, all of your skills will rock the enemy team off.
- Notice that i've put 7 completed item up there. When you bought Infinity Edge, sell Wriggle's Lantern and buy Guardian Angel. What is worst than a fed jungle Yorick? A fed jungle Yorick that you have to kill 3 times (if you used Omen of Death on yourself.
- Mercury's Threads If the enemy has waaaaay too many Crowd Control skill (slow, stun, fear, silence, suppress, etc.), you might want to get Mercury Threads instead of Boots of Swiftness
- Youmuu's Ghostblade Let's say you have a Xin Zhao and a Master Yi in your team. And all 3 of you are fed. The enemy team, who aren't dumb, will get armor. What you do when the enemy get armor? You get armor penetration! Even if they arent getting armor, it's still a great item. Like my old man always said : You never HAVEe enough Armor Penetration!
- Thornmail Very useful when the enemy team has a fed DPS carry, like Xin Zhao, Master Yi or Twisted Fate. Trust, they will learn fast enough NOT to target you.
EVERY TIME YOU RECALL, TRY TO BUY A WARD OR 2. WARDS MAKE YOU WIN GAMES! AND AS THE JUUNGLER, YOUR TEAM WILL EXPECT YOU TO BUY MOST OF THEM!
Level 1 : Omen Of Famine
Level 2 : Omen Of War
Level 3 : Omen Of Famine
Level 4 : Omen Of War
Level 5 : Omen Of Pestilence
Level 6 : Omen Of Death
Level 7 : Omen Of Famine
Level 8 : Omen Of War
Level 9 : Omen Of Famine
Level 10 : Omen Of War
Level 11 : Omen Of Death
Level 12 : Omen Of Famine
Level 13 : Omen Of War
Level 14 : Omen Of Pestilence
Level 15 : Omen Of Pestilence
Level 16 : Omen Of Death
Level 17 : Omen Of Pestilence
Level 18 : Omen Of Pestilence
I max out first Omen Of Famine for one reason. Healing. Then I max out Omen Of War, because it does terrible damage with it's 1/1 AD ratio. Omen Of Pestilence is only useful in gank , teamfight or clearing a big wave of minions, that is why I max it last. I pick Omen Of Death whenever I can
Now for the interesting part. I will describe the jungle path I believe is the best for Yorick.
1- Blue Buff. Ask your team mate to protect you in case of a gank from the enemy team. Also, ask the player taking the Middle Lane to ''leash'' the blue buff for you. Leash mean attacking the golem once so the mid champ gets the aggro and doesnt get damaged. So it gives you more time to hit it before you take damage, therefore helping your jungle a lot. When thhe blue buff is leashed, attack him with auto-attack, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MANA FOR OMEN OF FAMINS BECAUSE YOU ARE AT FULL HEALTH. When the big golem start attacking you, that's when you start spamming Omen of Famine on it everytime it's available. WHen he gives you the first hit, use a health potion. Once he has 450HP, smite it and kill the small lizard to gain your lvl 2. Pick Omen of War then head for wolfs.
2- The Wolfs. Use Omen Of War on the big wolf and afer use Omen Of Famine, so you can maximize the healing it gives. Head toward the wraiths now
3- The Wraiths. Use Omen Of War on the purple wraith then use Omen Of Famine immediatly. Kill the 3 remaining wraiths then head toward the red buff
4- Red Buff. Once again, you engage with Omen Of War on the Red Buff. You should still have 3 healing potions when you arrive there, so use one before engaging. Use Omen Famine every time it is available to maximize it's healing, and spam Omen Of War to maximize damage. Use smite when it have aroun 600HP. When you killed it, you have 2 choices
5a- The Golems. If you watch your map carefully and don't see any gank opening, keep jungling by killing the 2 golems. Engage with Omen of War and use Omen Of famine after. When they are both dead, check your map once more for any gank possibilities, if none, recall to heal and buy items.
5b- Gank Time. You saw an oppening for a gank. Go into a brush and ping the champion you want to focus to signal your ally that you are there, ready to jump on that champion. Use Omen of Pestilence first to slow, then Omen Of Famine for the damage. Try to get near enough to use Omen Of War, and spamm those 3 skills until the enemy die or escape. DO NOT TOWER DIVE, YOU ARENT STRONG ENOUGH TO TANK A TOWER YET. Remember something, those ghouls are your friends, your only friends, make sure all 3 of them are always fighting by your side. When you finished the gank, recall and buy items. Do number 1 to 5a and 5b againg but check your map each time you kill a camp of monster, in case anyone nee d gank.
- Very important, when you are in a teamfight, don't forget to use Omen Of Death on your dying ally, so they can come back to life and have their revenge. People can also use skills while beeing a ghoul, so don't be afraid to use it on your team's caster.
- As a jungler, you NEED to have MAP AWARENESS AT ALL TIME. What does that mean? That mean you must know what happen EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.
- Ward, ward, ward, and ward again. As the jungler, your team will expect YOU to ward the most. So, EVRYTIME YOU RECALL, buy a ward or 2, if you can affort it. WARD MAKES YOU WIN GAMES, DON'T FORGET THAT
DO NOT FORGET you need to ALWAYS have at least 3 ghouls in EVERY SECOND OF A BATTLE, even if it's again a fleeing enemy. Ghouls are faster than enemy champions, so they can still attack him. I hope you enjoyed reading and testiing my Yorick Jungle, i will update weekly this guide.
P.S. I had some BBCode problem, thats why all the pictures are small D:
Here I just say what updates and edit I made, and when :)
13/07/11 : - Added an Update Chapter
- Added 2 entry to Cons section. One about the early gank on blue buff and one about cooldown
- Changed ''Really Bulky'' for ''Can take a lot of punishment'' to the Pro section in the Pro/Cons chapter.
- Added an entry about Map Awareness in the Conclusion chapter
- Added an entry about Warding in the Conclusion chapter and in the Item chapter.
- Added an entry to the Introduction chapter about my weekly updates
- Fixed a couple of grammar error