Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

My Nasus Build

Creator: jhoijhoi October 23, 2011 1:25am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CloudCloud
<Member>
CloudCloud's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:50pm | Report
Items: Boots Randuin's Omen Trinity Force Force of Nature Warmog's Armor Atma's Impaler
Why: Boots is situational. I like the Randuin's HP. I like coordinating my Q with Sheen (2 second cooldown). I like Gp5 too, but I may choose Frozen Heart because it slows down my Sheen. I rush Philo, HoG sometimes, and grab Boots/Sheen after. Maybe Aegis and I don't like GA. By the way, if you are going to get Warmog's, might as well get it after Sheen. It's a better idea to get HP first and then build resistances.

Runes: Armor Pen. reds and quints. Scaling Mp5 yellows. Scaling CDR blues
Why: I would get flat CDR or MS quints but I'm poor. After 200 armor, armor runes don't help so much. Mp5 helps with Q (even with Philosopher's stone and only using Q I run out of mana).

Masteries: 0/14/16
Why: Investing in offense will not help you as much, and you want to move faster because you get kited.

Summoners: Ghost Teleport
Why: Flash is more for burst champions. Teleport for rushing GP5 and split pushing.

Ability Sequence: R > Q > W > E
Why: Bring down the CD for Q to help with lane sustain and Q-farming. Sometimes switch W up with some E if they are pushing to turret.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 2:38pm | Report
Sypher was actually the name of the team. The player's name was Skyyart. I'll post some of the qualifying matches. Skyyart is the best Nasus I've personally ever seen. He's better than HSGG's Nasus.

Here's one game. He built Warmogg's and Trinity, eventually finished Atma's and Shrelya's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZMwuxj2cw

Another match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWjwsepzCdI

I couldn't find the more recent matches where Frozen Heart was built, but this was towards the end of September so it's all up to date regardless.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 2:51pm | Report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZdDAxh4PsQ&feature=related

During IEM Skyart only built FH and Shureyla's + Trinity.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Thanks for all the comments guys, all very valid points.

Hyfe's newest guide details Frozen Heart and Shureyla's, and it's a good possibility I'll drop Warmog's for it, as then I'd have a "ghost" and I can swap Flash back out for Exhaust. If I didn't spec so deeply in the defense tree, I'd go 0/9/21, which would give me nearly full CDR, so I'll continue in the defense tree, especially if I grab Shureyla's for the CDR.

I'll give it a go and tell you how it all went.

I think I'll make another cheat sheet that details what the "balanced" Nasus build would be, and I will credit the users who "designed" it in this thread ^^ I'll bump the thread with the balanced Nasus build later :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 3:29pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I know you don't like having multiple builds jhoi, but I think Nasus might be worthy of 2 cheatsheets.

jhoijhoi wrote:

I think I'll make another cheat sheet

I win.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:08pm | Report

Items:

Your item build is fine for the most part, but very rigid and heavy on armor. I'd swap Ninja Tabi out for mercs 9/10 times. Ninja Tabi is situational at best...The situation where they trump Mercury's Treads being against a team with 3 AD champions. Otherwise Tenacity is< Dodge, reason being you can dodge an enemies AA, you can't dodge the number of different CC spells available in this game. As well put Ninja Tabi in the "situational" section of your guide.

With Merc's and Force of Nature you'd have some solid MR, but Quicksilver Sash wouldn't hurt as another possibility for a well balanced core. Tri-Force is core. Warmogs+Atmas is begging for someone to build Madred's Bloodrazor, not the end of the world but if you see it being built on an opposing carry I'd scrap Warmog's Armor for something else like Banshee's Veil or even a Guardian Angel for the MR.

With your current set up you've got very little to combat an AP heavy team from items. Or an AP carry who's been fed up the ying-yang.
I'd suggest as "core" Trinity Force, Atma's Impailer, and Mercury's Treads all your other items I'd almost say were "situational"...Then again that could be said for most builds when it comes to most defensive items and 1 or 2 offensive items.

Runes:
MS quints are fine ArP marks are fine...Dodge seals I can see them working if you're laning solo top against someone like Jarvan IV, Xin Zhou, or Warwick, but against other champs like Irelia, Cho'Gath or Jax you might get in trouble. Those dodge seals have synergy with Nimbleness but that won't help you when your opponents use target based/AoE spells to deal a chunk of their damage. I'd substitute them with something that's less RNG based and more versatile like HP per level or flat armor. Otherwise you go into a soloque or premade 5s and expect to be laning against the enemy team's X champ, which your runes can counter, but then end up against their Y champ and find yourself camping your well rather than destroying their turret.

CDR blues....Why? .65x9=~6% CDR. 8x.06=.48 seconds of rank 1 Siphoning Strike I don't think ~.5 of a second is going REALLY make your farming of Q that much more effective. And it only gets worse from there. At rank 5 it only takes off .24 seconds. By then you'll have at least your Glacial Shroud so the early game CDR really isn't all that beneficial. There are better options than that IMO.

With your masteries I'd just go the full 0/21/9. But 0/14/16 works well too, Nimbleness is good, but once again gearing for dodge is REALLY situational. It won't save you from an Annie or Brand or Gragas even.

I'd basically write 3 separate builds to cover this. And with three separate builds there are 3 seperate rune set ups.

1 Balanced build with items and runes that can make you more effective against a balanced opposing team.
1 Physical Counter build with items and runes that make your more effective against AD heavy comps.
1 AP Counter Build with items and runes that make you more effective against AP heavy comps.

The reason AD carries/AP Carries are different from Tanks/Offtanky DPS is because the number of "situational" items for AP/AD champs are limited compared to how you build a Tank or Off Tank. Or that's my thought... Most AP champs build a Zonya's Hourglass or Rabadon's Deatchap most AD champs build a The Blood Thirster situational items being Void Staff or Last Whisper, Black Cleaver can even fit "situational". Most of the time I want to build my damage up as a Damage champ whereas Tanks and Offtanks are only effective at their jobs when they build according to the situation.

Hope I've made sense. I really do enjoy your guide, there are just a few things you say are "necessary" when in reality (to me) they're completely situational.

Actually I WIN

Even if my build suggestions aren't "amazing" :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:15pm | Report
I would say, Jhoi, that there's a time and a place for all the options, and the trick is understanding when and why to use which option.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:53pm | Report
Well, I've made one major change to the guide so far, and that's swapping out Atma's Impaler for Randuin's Omen.

Everything else has more or less stayed the same so far, but once Matt implements the new guide formatting to look like MobaFire's sister sites, the optional items will be far more clear. Can't wait! :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:56pm | Report
Ye that's prty strong.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 5:04am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be your view on how people should play Nasus? Let's say everyone in this topic agrees that armor is better than dodge, would you change it? Isn't using dodge something that you've had success with?

jhoijhoi wrote:
Wayne: Oh no, I wouldn't swap from dodge. To my knowledge most people grab armour, mana regen or dodge on Nasus anyway, and I've listed all those runes. What I was trying to see was if some people had a specific reason for saying armour was better, and I haven't yet heard an argument that it is.

Sorry for getting back to you on this so late, I ehm.. sorta forgot about this topic to be honest :P
I have skipped quite a few of the other posts in this topic so everything that I'm about to say will probably have been said already, sorry about that :P

The general reason why people don't like dodge is because even against mostly-AD teams it isn't necessarily the best choice. As Jeffy mentioned earlier (yes, I have read some of the posts) there are still a lot of AD champions that either deal magic damage or use abilities to CC you that can not be dodged.
For example, if Nasus lanes versus his brother Renekton, there is almost no use for his dodge boots as most of Renektons damage comes from his abilities and you actually really want to reduce the duration of Ruthless Predator to increase your survivability. Also, even against some auto-attackers like Nocturne, you still want to reduce the CC they have even though having dodge works good against them (in Nocturne's case this would be a reduced duration of his Unspeakable Horror to increase your chance of surviving a gank).

Armor seals + Mercury's Treads is really the safe option. Dodge is better in some situations but overall I understand why people are a bit hesitant.

Again sorry if everything I said already has been mentioned.

One final thing, the reason why I asked whether or not you would actually change your guide based on our comments is because you have been in the same situation before. In your Vayne guide, there was a lot of criticism because you didn't max Condemn first. First you mentioned maxing it in your guide, but eventually you actually changed the cheat sheet and levelled it second, even though (if I remember correctly) that's not what you actually did/do when you are in game with Vayne. I think it would've been better to make a second cheat sheet or simply leave it the way it was, maxing Condemn second looks kinda weird :P
Good to know you won't change anything and are just genuinely interested in our opinion though ^^

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide