Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Top Picks for Dominion

Creator: JunSupport August 20, 2011 6:37pm
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 9:36pm | Report
wait, so wriggles passive doesnt work in dominion?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:37pm | Report
VoiD wrote:

wait, so wriggles passive doesnt work in dominion?

You mean active. I read this without context and was very confused, then found out you meant the ward function. And who knows? MAYBE THEY'LL BAN WRIGGLES! :O
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:03am | Report
Wriggle's Lantern isn't avaliable on Crystal Scar.

That means, if you enter the shop, it's item will be faded out with a big "NOT AVAILABLE" text over it.

This is the same for several other items:

Oracle's Elixir

Sight Ward

Vision Ward

Elixir of Agility

Elixir of Brilliance

Elixir of Fortitude

Bloodthirster

Banshee's Veil

Madred's Bloodrazor

Madred's Razors

Leviathan

Mejai's Soulstealer

Sword of the Occult

There may be others, there are just the ones I've been able to confirm.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:09am | Report
Haha, I called it (also known as being ignorant and guessing correctly)! It kinda makes sense though, since it's more of a jungle/sustain item, which isn't a part of dominion gameplay.

I could see stealth champions being pretty powerful with the lack of wards, though they do have Oracle's Extract available. Anyone know what that does?
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:54am | Report
Not a clue.

Probably a time-restricted Oracle's elixir. Like - 2 minutes.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:48am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Haha, I called it (also known as being ignorant and guessing correctly)! It kinda makes sense though, since it's more of a jungle/sustain item, which isn't a part of dominion gameplay.

I could see stealth champions being pretty powerful with the lack of wards, though they do have Oracle's Extract available. Anyone know what that does?

well ya, they'll be pretty good until the stealth rework, when you don't need oravle's to see them. But for now, eve might actually be viable since she has a movement speed buff with essentially no cooldown and anyone channeling on a point is a sitting duck, even if she can't stun them anymore
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:18am | Report
These are DuffTime's anticipated rankings, and as I have never played it yet, I am just thinking out loud here...

GOD TIER:

Master Yi (#1 pick in my opinion. I'm going to be playing him all day),
Mordekaiser (I don't know what sounds better to me, but Mordekaiser is a close #2 for Dominion in my mind. He'll be a sturdy lane pusher, and a potentially very good defender as well. I anticipate the return of full tank Morde will make capturing a point nearly impossible when he's on it.),
Singed (IF HIS POISON INTERRUPTS CAPTURING ONLY, then he will be a Godlike defender and even a better defender than Morde, IF NOT THEN HE WILL PROBABLY BE KING TIER, if not potentially even lower).

King Tier:

Kennen,
Kogmaw,
Nocturne,
Udyr,
Ezrael,
Dr. Mundo,
Karthus,
Nidalee,
Alistar,
Blitzcrank,
Corki,
Gangplank.
(Rammus? I would love to buy into the hype but I'm not completely convinced. I think people are potentially over estimating Rammus and he may belong in Strong tier at the end of the day...)
Warwick (You wish you thought of him for this map)

Prince tier: (I created this tier as a tier to say, these champions are essentially strong tier, but have potential to be King tier champions, we will find out in time.)

Heimerdinger (I'll have to see him in action to move him up, I do think his turrets could be very effective in tower defense, but I'll simply have to see it in play to really believe it. I have this idea for Heimer/Cait defense of towers and I think it could be kinda silly ;P),
Caitlyn,
Malz (His 1v1 or 1v2 is potentially very deadly, seems like he could be good for defense and offense as well.),
Nidalee,
Nunu,
Pantheon,
Poppy,
Renekton,
Rumble,
Shaco (We may see him reach a greater viability here than expected, I think Shaco has potential to be a really potentially great pick in Dominion),
Shen (Global defensive ults that may stop base captures entirely, and cause your teams to win a losing fight suddenly? I think so.),
Teemo (Shrooms will make everyone's life hell.),
Trundle (Good counter to the big bruisers (Whether they be Offtanks or tanky DPS) who will be so effective in Dominion.
TF (I don't see the ultimate making him a top pick but his utility, mobility, and solid burst damage certainly make him a good pick.)
Twitch (This may just be wishful thinking... He might just be a strong tier. Or he may just still be awful xP)
Udyr (Udyr has all the potential in the world here, the weaknesses that he has in 5v5 don't apply the same way here. He could even be God tier, who knows.
Urgot (Potential is high, could be a King tier champ.)
Wukong (High potential)
Xin Zhao (I put him here because everyone says he will be Godly but I'll have to see it to believe it... I think he just be a strong pick and nothing more.)

Strong tier:

Galio (I had him in King tier but put him here reluctantly),
Akali (Same story as Galio),
Ashe,
Twitch,
Eve,
Fiddlesticks,
Garen,
Gragas,
Anivia,
Brand,
Cass,
Kas,
Irelia,
Janna,
Jarvan,
Jax,
Karma,
Katarina,
Kayle,
Leblanc,
Lee Sin,
Lux,
Malphite,
Maokai,
MF (Move speed OP),
Olaf,
Orianna,
Ryze,
Sion (AD Offtanky Sion has potential, but the farm/gamelength issue has me placing him lower tier),
Sivir (I think her ult will be useful for quickly getting your team to a point they need to get to.),
Sona,
Tristana (She may be better than I am estimating because of her attack speed which will help in 1v1's, her jumping ability which aids her burst kill power and escapes, and her heal debuffs.),
Tryndamere (I'm not so sure about Tryn. If you can roam the middle of the map and catch people offguard or whirl out over walls and catch 1v1's, he may be very very good, maybe even higher than strong tier. If that's not realistic, he may even be low end tier. He's a huge question mark for me.),
Vayne (End game carries may or may not be viable, but she potentially will move up as we learn more.)
Veigar (Pew)
Vladimir (I don't see him being great but I might just be bad.)
Yorick (Seems like a good defender)
Zilean (Potential for a great pick.)
Taric,

Low end tier:

Soraka,
Swain,

The 2 Low End tiers honestly don't even seem like awful picks either, I'm just less likely to take them than the others probably.

Again just projected effectiveness chart, we'll see how things actually turn out! :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:46am | Report
MASTER YI!!!!

A god has born xD.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:20am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

MASTER YI!!!!

A god has born xD.

xP
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:30am | Report
I don't think Heimer will be very viable ( at least maybe not until his update).

On paper he would be a strong defender, in reality his skill set is lacking right now. The speed on his grenade is terrible his rockets serve as nice poke but are on kinda long CDs (as are his other abilities). His mobility is non-existent and his HP is rather weak as well (characteristic of mages ofc). He can be over taken or pushed out by other champions with ease due to the maps layout.

The range on his turrets is terrible and their health is non-existent. There are much better options for dominion that Heimgerdiger.

Can you win Dominion with him? Sure, but why pick heimer when there are stronger AP champs that can provide similar disruptive roles, and do them much better.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide