Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Annie - The Dark Child: A Collaborative Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi February 24, 2014 11:55pm
1 2 3 4
Which champion would you like to see next?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 11:55pm | Report
_________ MobaFire's Annie Collaborative Guide _________

Welcome to the first article in a series of upcoming collaborative guides! These articles will be made by the current Scouts, Veterans and Moderators of MobaFire, will feature champion tips and tricks and will be released weekly. At the end of each article will be a list of champion guides to get you started learning the chosen champion. The guides displayed should supply you with a variety of different gameplay perspectives. This week's champion is Annie, the Dark Child! Read and enjoy!

_________ Annie's Lore _________

In the time shortly before the League, there were those within the sinister city-state of Noxus who did not agree with the evils perpetrated by the Noxian High Command. The High Command had just put down a coup attempt from the self-proclaimed Crown Prince Raschallion, and a crack down on any form of dissent against the new government was underway. These political and social outcasts, known as the Gray Order, sought to leave their neighbors in peace as they pursued dark arcane knowledge. The leaders of this outcast society were a married couple: Gregori Hastur, the Gray Warlock, and his wife Amoline, the Shadow Witch. Together they led an exodus of magicians and other intelligentsia from Noxus, resettling their followers beyond the Great Barrier to the northern reaches of the unforgiving Voodoo Lands. Though survival was a challenge at times, the Gray Order's colony managed to thrive in a land where so many others would have failed.

Years after the exodus, Gregori and Amoline had a child: Annie. Early on, Annie's parents knew there was something special about their daughter. At the age of two, Annie miraculously ensorcelled a shadow bear - a ferocious denizen of the petrified forests outside the colony - turning it into her pet. To this day she keeps her bear ''Tibbers'' by her side, often keeping him spellbound as a stuffed doll to be carried like a child's toy. The combination of Annie's lineage and the dark magic of her birthplace have given this little girl tremendous arcane power. It is this same girl who now finds herself as one of the most sought-after champions within the League of Legends - even by the city-state that would have exiled her parents had they not fled beforehand.

"Annie may be one of the most powerful champions ever to have fought in a Field of Justice. I shudder to think of her capabilities when she becomes an adult."

- High Councilor Kiersta Mandrake

_________ Annie's Abilities _________

P
  • Pyromania has a visual animation that reveals when Annie has her stun ready.
  • To "surprise" the enemy, try keeping this to 3 stacks then cast Molten Shield to trigger the 4th stack that will proc a stun on the cast of the next offensive ability.
  • The easiest way to land this stun is by using your ultimate Summon: Tibbers, which has a relatively large cast range and AoE compared to Incinerate.

Q
  • This ability has a long range, which allows you to harass at a safe distance, or farm safely, as it costs nothing to cast if used to last hit a minion.
  • Disintegrate is a guaranteed-hit ability, as it is targeted.

W
  • This ability, like all spells, does not aggro lane minions.
  • Comboing your abilities correctly to result in the 4th stack of Pyromania proc'ing on Incinerate allows you to AoE stun.
  • Incinerate has twice the cooldown as Disintegrate.
  • Good wave-clearing ability.

E
  • Cast this ability when you are under threat of being ganked or severely harassed; the additional armour and magic resist means you will take less damage from the attack.
  • Cast Molten Shield to get Pyromania stacks; this ability grants a stack of Pyromania when used, but this ability does not use the stun nor remove the stun effect of Pyromania.
  • Molten Shield is generally maxed last as it is a really good steroid resist with one point, and a cooldown that does not lower with rank. Leaving this to max last means you can use it to charge Pyromania for a small mana cost.

R
  • Take your ultimate, Summon: Tibbers, at levels 6, 11, and 16 because the initial damage and strength of Tibbers increases massively with rank.
  • Initiate fights with a Pyromania stack'd Summon Tibbers for the AoE stun.

_________ Annie Gameplay _________

Game
Play
  • Annie's auto attack range is quite high, which means you can harass from a relatively safe distance.
  • Last hitting with Disintegrate will give the mana spent on that spell back. Therefore it is recommended to kill the enemy minions with Disintegrate until you reach 3 or 4 Pyromania stacks before attempting to full-harass the enemy.
  • Annie can be played as an aggressive support due to her long range potential stun with Pyromania stacked Disintegrate or AoE stun with Pyromania stacked Incinerate.
  • Annie can be an effective roamer. When seeking to roam, you should have your ultimate up to stun from afar.
  • When farming jungle camps, don't forget to activate Molten Shield, as the return damage will help kill them off.

Team
Fights

Item
Info
  • Sorcerer's Shoes amplify the damage Annie deals. If you wish to roam as Annie, a good alternative is Mobility Boots.
  • Annie has very high base damages and ratios and her ability combo does a lot of burst damage. Building Deathfire Grasp can be usually rewarding. In terms of comboing DFG and Annie's abilities, it is recommended that DFG is used after the initiation, as DFG has slightly lower range than her abilities, AND it has a slightly longer cast time/travel time.
  • As Annie can engage on the enemy with Flash + Pyromania stacked abilities, buying the boot Enchantment: Distortion, lowers the cooldown on your Flash, allowing for more chances to engage.
  • Rylai's Crystal Scepter slows anyone who auto-attacks Annie with Molten Shield up. Additionally, Summon: Tibbers will slow enemies in an AoE, which helps with sticking to enemies.

_________ Special Guest Guides _________

Read
Me!
greater mark of hybrid penetration

Read
Me!

_________ Top Rated Guides _________

Read
Me!

Read
Me!

Read
Me!
  • The Girl Who Plays With Fire
    This guide details how to play Annie - in a lot of detail. The author is quite philosophical and reading this guide is like stepping into the mind of an Annie player.

_________ Credits _________

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 1:30am | Report
Is this going to be a series now? If it were, would it be possible for me to help?
My Guides

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 2:49am | Report
^^ Currently it's only in the Scout forum, but I'll raise your question there and see if we can maybe move it to the Editor forum.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 3:08am | Report
Honestly all those featured guides (except the guide by Voosha) suck balls. You can't be serious about those runes. I don't know why you added them before consulting us at the scout forum.
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 3:10am | Report
Seal of Mana Regen and Glyph of Ap... eww
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 3:42am | Report
Those recommended guides are pretty bad, unless you're well under lvl 30.
I don't even know if anyone gets any defensive items on Annie anymore other than a GA.

Some of the points were a TINY bit obvious tbh.
But other than that its pretty good.

Basically MOBAFire.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 4:09am | Report
Jimmy: Lore is there as eventually (hopefully, maybe, possibly) these articles will replace the "More Info" tabs on the champion pages here at MobaFire. Tips and tricks are a little obvious to a player who has either played Annie or versed Annie. If you've done neither, the tips should help you out (for instance the DFG combo, or the "hide your Pyromania stacks etc).

Vyn: Guides are there as top guides on MobaFire as per sort via Top Rated, due to lack of actual scouted guides. Please show a little respect for the members featured in this article. Those runes etc are from the guide, not my own choice. Lastly, this sort of article is supposed to represent MobaFire's collaboration of talent; the guides in this article are top rated for whatever reasons they are top rated. Thanks for the feedback; next time more participation in the champion thread (eg active consultation) would be appreciated.

Hogo: *shrugs* I just copied what was in the guide, maybe you could give the guide author some good feedback :)

Looks like Zyra's getting the most votes for next article! ^^

♡ sig by me ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 4:22am | Report
What? I've been constantly giving advice and adding stuff in the thread itself. You just add some stuff last-minute without asking us and call it 'collaborative'. I was perfectly fine with only Voosha's guide being featured cause it is the only one that deserved it, which is why I didnt say anything.

I don't think ANYONE of the scout team but you agrees on having these guides in. If I'm incorrect, tell me, but I think noone agrees that these guides are worth any good. You're just causing more controversy if you're saying "these are Mobafire's best Annie guides".
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 4:25am | Report
I'm sorry you have a problem with the top rated Annie guides. I didn't realise that it'd be a problem featuring them in this article. Voosha's was never meant to be the only "featured" guide, it was simply the one I linked as a dummy guide when I made the template. I will be clearer with my intent in the future. Perhaps you'd like to host the next champion thread to ensure no mistakes upon publication.

Edit: Not sure, Vyn. I released this as I was informed of a deadline. Mowen/mods can remove the unwanted Annie guides if that's how the OTHER scouts want to play it. Will leave them up for now until Mowen/mods remove them.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 4:28am | Report
Sure thing, just give me the coding and a champion I can work with.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide