Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ryze Counters

Creator: Vitigam March 19, 2012 4:40am
113 posts - page 10 of 12
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 1:54pm | Report
Yea, in that way both Ryze and Vayne are OP. Not a lot, but their lategame definitely needs some nerfing.
Like 0.5% off Ryze's Q and 2% off Vayne's W, BUT making the flat portion of W true damage.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 2:28pm | Report
I think Ryze is OP but Vayne not so much. Vayne may be poorly designed, but she isn't broken, just derptastically volatile.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 2:37pm | Report
I agree with Searz about Ryze but as Duff said, she's not broken. She just need a small change (Making her W magic damage instead of True damage and maybe increasing the % by 1.5%-2% to compensate).

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 3:39pm | Report
TBH, it's not her True damage lol. Never has been. If she 3 shots things, and the true damage only procs once or twice per target, clearly that isn't the source of the mega rapeage.

It's her MASSIVE AD steroid, good attack animation and her ability to drift in and out of fights with stealth/tumble and peel with condemn.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 4:05pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

It's her MASSIVE AD steroid, good attack animation and her ability to drift in and out of fights with stealth/tumble and peel with condemn.

Combined with the fact that she can **** tanks as easily as squishies because of her W.
But yea, her biggest problem isn't W. It's how well her kit fits together. Still, nerfing something would be good in my opinion, because she's just by far TOO strong in mid/lategame.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 4:16pm | Report
This might sound cheesy, but until she's being picked in tourny again I think it's okay to let her alone.

Or a nerf to damage and a small buff to range or to something could be a good balance tweak, not really sure.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 4:31pm | Report
Yes, the nerf should obviously be paired with a buff. Like buffing base damage and/or Q and nerfing passive and W. For example.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 4:51pm | Report
Her ult is really where the damage problem lies I think. W feels pretty balanced IMHO.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 5:02am | Report
Yea, you're prolly right.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 7:19am | Report
I feel they should tweak Vayne a bit instead of completely nerfing her.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide