Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ryze Counters

Creator: Vitigam March 19, 2012 4:40am
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2012 1:08pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I think you mean W. Minions don't do very much magic damage :P.

Shh.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 6:43am | Report
Ryze doesn't counter Morgana. True, You can't stop Morgana from farming, early game it will be tough. But, as soon as Ryze gets his tanky items, Morg won't be able to stop him. I do think Ryze would win lane against Kennen though, what do you guys think? And what do you guys think about Vladimir ? I went solo top against him with Ryze. In lane phase, he totally out-farmed me, but during team-fights, Ryze was much more dangerous.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 7:41am | Report
Vitigam wrote:

Ryze doesn't counter Morgana. True, You can't stop Morgana from farming, early game it will be tough. But, as soon as Ryze gets his tanky items, Morg won't be able to stop him. I do think Ryze would win lane against Kennen though, what do you guys think? And what do you guys think about Vladimir ? I went solo top against him with Ryze. In lane phase, he totally out-farmed me, but during team-fights, Ryze was much more dangerous.

He wins against Kennen because of his natural want to build MR. Banshee's Veil, and Kennen will have a hard time stunning him.

Vlad is all about sustain and poke. I'm pretty sure that he's the most sustained mage in the game, just for the fact that he can Transfusion off of minons all day. Like Ryze, he builds pretty bulky, or at least is bulky from his passive, so he doesn't die easily. He is more of a 1v1 mage (in my experience), mainly because he doesn't have a whole ton of AoE, nor does he have a long string of nukes like Ryze. His Hemoplague is pretty dangerous though.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 8:54am | Report
Soraka maybe?
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 9:00am | Report

Soraka maybe?

Someone watches Dyrus. :D
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 9:01am | Report
That and ScYx17
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 9:55am | Report
Tryndamere counters Ryze.

;D
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2012 11:42am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Something I completely forgot.
Yes your passive will be a great tool for Countering him.
Yes Saplings are a great harassing move.
If you time it right you can avoid all damage from Ryze's Q with Twisted Advance as it makes you untargetable. If you let it "hit you" while you're a pile of energy, you will take no damage. It'll also work like that with AoE like Absolute Zero or Requiem.

Yes indeed, I have dodged many a death by timing Twisted Advance correctly. One more leaf in the Tree mans branches.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 4:27am | Report

He wins against Kennen because of his natural want to build MR. Banshee's Veil, and Kennen will have a hard time stunning him.

Vlad is all about sustain and poke. I'm pretty sure that he's the most sustained mage in the game, just for the fact that he can Transfusion off of minons all day. Like Ryze, he builds pretty bulky, or at least is bulky from his passive, so he doesn't die easily. He is more of a 1v1 mage (in my experience), mainly because he doesn't have a whole ton of AoE, nor does he have a long string of nukes like Ryze. His Hemoplague is pretty dangerous though.

Agreed, Ryze is a hard lane against Kennen. Vladimir is pretty strong in lane, but starts to fall in team-fights.
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 7:09am | Report
I had a hard time playing as Ryze the other day against a Gragas. Generally, when Ryze has no minions to help him last hit, it gets tricky. Since Gragas can clear the waves with a single barrel at level 9 or so (level 7 with the right AP), Ryze won't be able to get all the cs he needs.

Maybe not a counter, but a hard lane- at least for me. I'm not the best Ryze.
I support utility guided virtue ethics.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide