Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ryze Counters

Creator: Vitigam March 19, 2012 4:40am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:56am | Report
^ I think Swain is even match against Ryze. Come to think about it, once Ignite is down on Ryze, Swain's ult is just plain nasty, causing Ryze to drop his health way faster than Swain.
(Discontinued)
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 10:07am | Report
Ignite is good against Ryze's Desperate Power and Swain's Ravenous Flock. All comes down to skill there but Swain will probably get some stronger harass early on.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 10:10am | Report
I just don't like Swain ever so my personal vote is against Swain xP
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:23pm | Report
Haters be hating? D:

Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:27pm | Report
I just think his impact on a game is low when compared to more devastating single action champions like Cass or single target DPSers like Ryze.

Swain just sorta DoTs the **** out of one guy and walks around shootings birds and meh.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:32pm | Report
Ever seen Nevermove nuke? 2stronk

tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:50pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Lol, wtf are you smoking? Ryze counters Veigar, not the other way around. He's pretty much the only caster that doesn't make himself vulnerable by stacking AP, so all you have to do is Veil/QSS his E, dodge his W and you can tear him apart with your DPS.

"Burst. Avoid it."

Those three words do not come anywhere close to saying that Veigar counters Ryze. All that meant was that if Veigar gets his burst out it will do hella damage.

Veigar will pop your Veil with Q/your QSS will be on CD before his E is up again.

So WTF are YOU smoking? Don't assume I meant something I didn't. All that statement means is to avoid his burst. Never did I say anything about Veigar countering Ryze.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 3:06pm | Report
Hardly matters as with Ryze not scaling AP, Veigar won't really be able to burst him down except with Dark Matter.

tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 6:40pm | Report
His burst is still something to be weary of.

And how much AP do you expect most AP carries to have during laning phase? Maybe it's just me, but I don't normally see a Deathcap until after one of the turrets is down. By then I'm roaming, assisting my teammates, done laning. We're covering Ryze's laning phase. The burst difference between Ryze and another AP carry would not be SEVERELY significant. After your QSS is on cd or your Veil is popped, you'll have damage reduction with higher MR and his ult won't hurt as much.

Nonetheless, anyone laning against Veigar should be weary of his burst. That's all.

I guess personally I've never been able to farm enough/get fed enough to remain in lane phase while possessing a Veil + Catalyst or more. I'm usually out of lane by then.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 6:41pm | Report
tweeboy2 wrote:

"Burst. Avoid it."

Those three words do not come anywhere close to saying that Veigar counters Ryze. All that meant was that if Veigar gets his burst out it will do hella damage.

Veigar will pop your Veil with Q/your QSS will be on CD before his E is up again.

So WTF are YOU smoking? Don't assume I meant something I didn't. All that statement means is to avoid his burst. Never did I say anything about Veigar countering Ryze.

Good Point, but the topic of this thread is "Ryze Counters", so anyone who read your quote after the title would assume that you are referring to Veigar as a counter Ryze.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide