Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ryze Counters

Creator: Vitigam March 19, 2012 4:40am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 9:49pm | Report
tweeboy2 wrote:

Veigar - BURST. AVOID IT.

Lol, wtf are you smoking? Ryze counters Veigar, not the other way around. He's pretty much the only caster that doesn't make himself vulnerable by stacking AP, so all you have to do is Veil/QSS his E, dodge his W and you can tear him apart with your DPS.

Actual Ryze counter that nobody mentioned - Xerath. I haven't had a problem with him as Lux either. Long range abilities beat him both in lane and late game fights. Gragas should also be fine against him.

EDIT: Kennen should do great as well.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 9:51pm | Report
Start x3

Go balls deep at level 1 and rape him in from there :p

He's a really weak level 1.

Since you play Kennen, grab W at level 1 continually use the proc to poke. You can out-trade him at the first level only, so take advantage.

At levels 3-4, EW every wave of minions, but don't miss any CS. When the lane is pushed so far, because he has no AoE until 6, he has to either

A) Last hit well under the tower, but still miss CS or

B)Spam spells to even out the push/last hit ALL creeps under tower. You want him to pick option B so he can't snare you or some ****.

If he gets every last hit under tower, then just farm better than him.

While you're pushing and waiting for his minions to come to you, farm wraiths/wolves/counter-jungle etc.

Repeat over and over until you exhaust his mana bar and force him to b, or have him mana-starved so much you can just kill him outright :)

Or just ask for a gank. That's all I got :p

edit: I learned this from Tem's morde guide :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 9:52pm | Report
Xerath is pretty much good against a lot of mages with his range ( Ryze being one of them). Until Ryze gets Banshee's Veil then there's really no stopping him. I also have to say Kennen does pretty well against him.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2012 11:17pm | Report
I don't think Swain would be a bad choice either. Vladimir might be okay.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:52am | Report

I don't think Swain would be a bad choice either. Vladimir might be okay.

Ryze counters both of those, actually. Swain and Vlad both abuse their sustain and health pools to survive burst damage from other casters. Champions like Ryze and Cassiopeia deal streams of DPS on short cooldowns, so a higher health pool doesn't really help.

Not to mention Ryze has his ult, catalyst and optional WotA to match their sustain. Neither Vlad nor Swain has a significant range advantage either, so they'll have a tough time winning trades.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 5:41am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Start x3

Go balls deep at level 1 and rape him in from there :p

He's a really weak level 1.

Since you play Kennen, grab W at level 1 continually use the proc to poke. You can out-trade him at the first level only, so take advantage.

At levels 3-4, EW every wave of minions, but don't miss any CS. When the lane is pushed so far, because he has no AoE until 6, he has to either

A) Last hit well under the tower, but still miss CS or

B)Spam spells to even out the push/last hit ALL creeps under tower. You want him to pick option B so he can't snare you or some ****.

If he gets every last hit under tower, then just farm better than him.

While you're pushing and waiting for his minions to come to you, farm wraiths/wolves/counter-jungle etc.

Repeat over and over until you exhaust his mana bar and force him to b, or have him mana-starved so much you can just kill him outright :)

Or just ask for a gank. That's all I got :p

edit: I learned this from Tem's morde guide :p

Yeah, thanks for the tips. I was playing Kennen the other day and went against a Ryze. I had a really hard time and ended up losing my lane. It was probably cause I was getting ganked and my jungler wouldn't help. Also, pushing minions to his tower is a good idea like you mentioned, he doesn't have any AOE except his E witch doesn't give any damage cause it's not based of mana.
Thanks to Miss Maw

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 5:42am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Ryze counters both of those, actually. Swain and Vlad both abuse their sustain and health pools to survive burst damage from other casters. Champions like Ryze and Cassiopeia deal streams of DPS on short cooldowns, so a higher health pool doesn't really help.

Not to mention Ryze has his ult, catalyst and optional WotA to match their sustain. Neither Vlad nor Swain has a significant range advantage either, so they'll have a tough time winning trades.

Agreed.
Thanks to Arcana3

Xiron
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 5:43am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Lol, wtf are you smoking? Ryze counters Veigar, not the other way around. He's pretty much the only caster that doesn't make himself vulnerable by stacking AP, so all you have to do is Veil/QSS his E, dodge his W and you can tear him apart with your DPS.

Actual Ryze counter that nobody mentioned - Xerath. I haven't had a problem with him as Lux either. Long range abilities beat him both in lane and late game fights. Gragas should also be fine against him.

EDIT: Kennen should do great as well.

Yeah, what are you saying? Ryze counters Veigar in any way. You just got to dodge his even horizon and your safe. He doesn't really have a range advantange.
Thanks to Arcana3

Xiron
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 5:44am | Report
Thanks for the tips everyone! IMO, I beleive, anyone who can outrange him, will be a threat to him. And next time I face a Ryze Kennen, I will be sure to push to his turret so he can't last-hit properly.
Thanks to Arcana3

Xiron
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:54am | Report
@Psi
I think Swain would be a good choice simply because HE HURTS BIGTIME when he reaches above lvl5. The sustain is just a bonus.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide