Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Photoshop Question

Creator: Amazing Monkey
September 14, 2012 9:41am
3 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Artist's Corner » Photoshop Question
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » September 14, 2012 9:41am | Report
Hey, I just recently got Photoshop for a class and I've been sort of doing things on my own with it.

I was wondering how to crop a render and not have the solid background? I used the magic wand tool and removed the background. All that was left was the render and the checkered background behind it.

But when I saved the image as a jpeg and loaded it up, there was a white background. What do I do???

If you felt I contributed and stuff, can I have a (+1 Rep =3)?
Need a sig? Come get one for at Amazing Monkey's Community Sig Shop!
View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!
Amazing Monkey's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (59)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by JEFFY40HANDS » September 14, 2012 10:43am | Report
save it as a PNG

The PNG file type supports a "transparent" background.

EXAMPLE:
Spoiler: Click to view

The above is saved as a PNG. So it has the capacity for a transparent background. Most people who create forum tags (like myself) save our finished pieces as PNGs.

Brief primer on Pros and Cons of file types
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Rep: Esteemed (412)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » September 14, 2012 2:31pm | Report
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!

(+1 Rep =3)

If you felt I contributed and stuff, can I have a (+1 Rep =3)?
Need a sig? Come get one for at Amazing Monkey's Community Sig Shop!
View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!
Amazing Monkey's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (59)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!