Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bit of help with my first guide?

Creator: Stomper February 9, 2014 4:55pm
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 4:55pm | Report
Bit of help with my first ever guide?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/100-wife-steal-stompers-comprehensive-thresh-guide-wip-373293

OK, so it's really rough, but I'm wondering if I could get a few pointers on my first guide.

Less about formatting, more about what info you'd like me to include (though I'm not gonna say no to godly formatting tips)

If you play Thresh- what kind of stuff do you really wish was in guides? Like not the generic buy this, ward here, AA the ADC when he's CS-ing, etc... anything different you'd like to know?

Experienced guide guru's, what kind of stuff should I be putting in?

Edit- Guide has been archived until it's closer to completion.
Edit 2- Guide unarchived. Advice pls :D?
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 11:26pm | Report
The whole point of writing a guide is for you to present valuable information to others, so asking for valuable information to be presented to you, so that you can present it in your guide, doesn't seem super logical to me. I suggest checking out other guides and basically learning and experiencing on your own. Make sure to watch LCS and see how the professionals go about things; you're bound to see some Thresh picks going down pretty much all the time.

Also, don't underestimate the importance of formatting in your guide. One thing is presenting valid and useful information and tips and tricks in a guide, but another thing is making that information be presented in a manner that makes it readable.
Even lenghty forum posts can get tiresome to read, so imagine an entire guide with walls of text. Let me put it straight: Nobody but your friends or something will read your guide all the way through, unless it's a case of reviewing it per request.

In conclusion, I just want to note: I have not read your guide, nor do I intend to, since I do believe this post is to be considered guide advertisement, and thus I simply take it as a more general help thread, rather than providing feedback for your guide itself.
Have a nice day.

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide