Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need accuracy check on my math for Soraka

Creator: Pwnzor1130 January 18, 2011 12:56am
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2011 12:56am | Report
Hey guys! I made a guide for Soraka using a little spreadsheet that I made to calculate her HPS. I need some to check if my math is correct or not, as well as to inform me of any nuances in the way that the items are implemented.
My guide is here:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/mad-heals-with-soraka-50699
Direct link to spreadsheet: http://www.mediafire.com/?f62hf25x2e4x5or

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2011 6:24am | Report
Your spreadsheet is very unorganized and hard to work with, so I'll skip it for now, but I can assure you that the formula is very straightforward and quirk-free:

Base Heal = (Base Amount) + (Total AP) × (AP Ratio)
Base HPS = (Base Heal) / (Cooldown)

Total AP is the sum of all flat AP values, times all AP multipliers (Rabadon's Deathcap).

To get the Total AP I recommend using leaguecraft.com's builder to input runes/masteries/items, as I believe mobafire's has some quirks.

I'm not sure whether heal-reducing or buffing effects stack additively or multiplicatively, however.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2011 1:57pm | Report
Sorry about the messy spreadsheet, it was originally made to prevent me from running calculations manually. I'm just starting to work with Excel so I really don't know too much about it. I'm sure I could "hide" a lot of the math so that all you would need to do would be to input the items, masteries, and runes. The only problem is my inexperience.

On the actual formulas, I'm glad that I got them correct.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2011 2:05pm | Report
You shouldn't hide the math, but you should list them in order (from top to bottom), with one field being the name and the adjacent field being the value - resize the name cells to make sure all names fit.

Here's an example of what I consider a clearly laid out spreadsheet:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide