Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Elo Reset

Creator: Jiannis January 3, 2014 4:38am
8 posts - page 1 of 1
Jiannis
<Member>
Jiannis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 4:38am | Report
Hello Folks,

Does anyone knows when the new eloreset ( of the new season ) will come?
And we will have to play 10 ranked games..

Many thanks !
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 5:55am | Report
When the new season comes. Riot will tell us when, but I think it will be mid to late February.
Qersidon
<Member>
Qersidon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 7:32am | Report
The LCS starts mid January...isn't that when the new season usually starts??
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 7:50am | Report
Dunno when, but how:

Ranked games with be reduced to 0, you'll have to play the 10 placement matches, but the system will place you according to your MMR, using (MMR + 1200)/2 to round everyone out closer to 1200 elo. This means if you are Diamond you'll start off closer to it, but I dunno if the system will define a ceiling for placements. Rumor has it Gold I is tops.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 8:33am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

Dunno when, but how:

Ranked games with be reduced to 0, you'll have to play the 10 placement matches, but the system will place you according to your MMR, using (MMR + 1200)/2 to round everyone out closer to 1200 elo. This means if you are Diamond you'll start off closer to it, but I dunno if the system will define a ceiling for placements. Rumor has it Gold I is tops.

Nah, high diamonds will probs definitely be placed in plat. Gold 1 would maybe be the highest for any mid-elo player. But a season 3 silver player going 10/0 in placements would definitely not be placed in the same division as a season 3 diamond player going 10/0 in placements.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 12:20pm | Report
Personally as a Diamond 1 player, I would be very disappointed if I finished placements and was placed anywhere below Plat 2.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 3:07pm | Report
Wait if I'm Gold 4 does that mean I'm almost guaranteed to be reset into Silver unless I go like 9-1 in placements?

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2014 3:08pm | Report
Lucorian5 wrote:

Wait if I'm Gold 4 does that mean I'm almost guaranteed to be reset into Silver unless I go like 9-1 in placements?

No. Your placement will be decided judging on your score in placements in combination with your mmr. Basically, if you win 5/5 with G4 mmr, you will likely get placed in G4.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide