Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot needs to FIX RANKED SCORING!!!!

Creator: Scott Rager April 7, 2014 4:06pm
1 2 3
Scott Rager
<Member>
Scott Rager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Does anybody else feel Riot shouldn't count games in which you or your teammates DC due to serves (RIOTS FAULT!) and or some other problem out of your control (I'm sure you can think of an example). In my opinion, and probably others too, this is just not fair. It's like putting handicap on, getting screwed over, and knowing you can't do anything about it (other then complain)!

Its bad enough when I get teamed with somebody who feeds and blows the game for us.

My suggestion, lay off creating champions and rethink ranked games! Maybe your rank should be based off the win or lose AND your personal k/d/a for that match, and like I proposed earlier, void matches when players are DC'd - maybe depends how long they've been DC'd -
Just to clarify for some, this does not include AFK.

PLEASE RIOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! TOO MANY PEOPLE GET SCREWED OVER IN RANKED!!!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 5:46pm | Report
Here is an idea. If you DC from a game riot forces a small written(typed) statement as to why you dc'd and you cannot log in until given.
Riot takes all the game data(K/D/A's gold etc) from the time of DC and the time of game end as well as the written statement and sends it to tribunal.
Tribunal decides
You are banned from ranked until tribunal decides
If you left and your reasoning was not a good reason or tribunal decides you left because you were 0/5 in lane/mad at team etc and you lie about it then you receive a temp ban.
If a player leaves within a few minutes of the end there is NO loss prevention, if it happens sooner there is. If there is evident dc to force loss prevention for a friend BOTH are penalized.

thoughts?

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 6:26pm | Report
When Riot acknowledges they have a problem, you are usually given a 'Loss Prevented'. The enemy also gets less LP in a win where someone gets Loss Prevented.

If the problem is your own, you ****ing deal with it.

If it's your teammates that have problems, then you need to remember it evens out and the enemy gets them too.

@RottedAppls No, bad idea - too susceptible to abuse. How the frick would Riot be able to tell whether I lied or not? 'There was a blackout in my area'. How can you tell if this is true or not? It would take so much time and effort.

Ban me from ranked until tribunal decides? I get penalised for DC in one game? Nah, you can **** right off. I DC like every other ranked game and I'm still climbing the ladder.

You guys just need to stop complaining about your ****ty internets or Riot's server problems in relation to your own ranked failures. If you have ****ty internet, don't play ranked. Ask anyone I play with, they'll tell you I have ****ty internet - still climbed from Silver to Gold I. Why? I picked times where my internet seems stable. Sure, I've lost about 5-10 ranked games this season from ****ty internet, but when my internet is fine, I still climb.

And finally, some basic things show me you really don't understand the game:

K/D/A don't always mean you win the game and win ratio in Bronze don't count for **** when compared to win ratio in Diamond. Having a win/loss of 100/50 in Bronze and a win/loss of 10/9 in Diamond are still vastly different, because you play against other players of your tier.

So you can't base tier off win/loss ratio, because that doesn't account for the skill level of the players in your games.

tl;dr

Stop complaining and get better at the frigging game.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 7:25pm | Report

Does anybody else feel Riot shouldn't count games in which you or your teammates DC due to serves (RIOTS FAULT!) and or some other problem out of your control (I'm sure you can think of an example).
Well then. Let's say that my power went out. I kicked the cord. BSoD. It Doesn't Matter. If Riot is at fault, then Riot will acknowledge it. Otherwise stop your whining. you can't fix player X's
Quoted:
In my opinion, and probably others too, this is just not fair. It's like putting handicap on, getting screwed over, and knowing you can't do anything about it (other than complain)!

Its bad enough when I get teamed with somebody who feeds and blows the game for us.
False. I've won 4v5 before. I'm sure everyone here has a good 4v5 story to tell too. And if you are complaining about fairness then you have another thing coming. Every game starts the same: five players on a team starts a game with 475 gold. Nothing changes this. Those who can excel from this point on understand what they can and cannot control and act on this information. those who don't know will lose the game.

Quoted:
My suggestion, lay off creating champions and rethink ranked games! Maybe your rank should be based off the win or lose AND your personal k/d/a for that match, and like I proposed earlier, void matches when players are DC'd - maybe depends how long they've been DC'd -

PLEASE RIOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! TOO MANY PEOPLE GET SCREWED OVER IN RANKED!!!
Your use of color is very... not needed. we get what you are trying to say without it. and at this point I am guessing you are a bronze player, maybe low silver. My advice to you is to stop fretting this stuff that you obviously can't control. Focus on what you can control and make yourself better by stop making excuses for yourself.
Scott Rager
<Member>
Scott Rager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 9:02pm | Report
@Kazega @sirell, well thanks for goin ahead and jumping to conclusions about my skill level knowing nothing about me, and bashing out to my thread - really have to insult the colors? just trying to add flavor - Another thing, im not making excuses about myself, im trying to brainstorm ideas that could help the community when a teammate ruins the game for you.

i've just been fed up with my past couple of ranked games b/c of more then one teammate dcing and handing the opposing team a victory. And Yes, im in Silver V, who cares. Im confident in my skill level and dont need any handouts and yet I'm still a player, just like everyone else, that gets screwed over. all im looking for is some help from riot for all of us
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 10:01pm | Report
I didn't jump to the conclusion of your rank, I came to it soundly based on your attitude. And the fact that I know nothing about you makes this conclusion even more sound as all I have to make that assumption is a angry post, which isn't even all that angry because you were sound enough to add color for emphasis, making you at to be not as mad as you claim to be.

What you are doing here is "Denial." Maybe you've heard of it. Something about the 5 stages of grief and all. You are trying to deflect blame for less than stellar performance by finding excuses. If you think about it I'm pretty sure you can find this happening a lot. What is happening is that you are coming to terms with how good you really are. I went through this, and the sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 11:32pm | Report
Riot's usually on top of their Loss Forgiven button pressing when it's actually their fault. Since you're complaining about server issues, I'm assuming that you're from NA and not EU because they were born with server disconnects and it's now more like a way of life for them (AMSTERDAM SERVER SOONTM). So when you see someone DC w/o Loss Forgiven followed, it's either ISP's acting up (Comcast is very notorious for trolling), some external force barring them from being unable to play or they just don't want to play. Case in point - **** happens. I'm going to state this very firmly - If you want to climb to higher ELOs to "play with less ragers, less dcers, etc", it doesn't get better because everyone eventually gets screwed and being past a certain elo threshold does not exempt you from life sucking.

Quoted:

In my three and a half years playing this game, I literally see this idea everyday on some website. I don't know why anyone possibly thinks this is a good idea. ELO inflation will be at an all time high. The fact that this encourages players to be toxic towards one another is just disgusting. If I'm 0/5 and the someone on my team is 2/0, this gives him a reason to try to make me DC whether it's guilt tripping or just through bad manners. Also, the fact that you can potentially be "forgiven" of a match simply because you DC'ed is absolutely absurd. Unless you're a systems analyst, can you or someone show me how to differentiate a legitimate disconnect and not just a plug-pull? "Oh, I went 0/2 in lane? Time to pull plug and not lose elo." or "Hey you ****ter, DC so we don't lose elo. It's your fault you fed enough to save Africa from world hunger."

A lot of people only care about Solo Queue for the badge. The intrinsic value that people take away from ranked games is because of the scarcity/rarity of ranks. If everyone was Challenger, there'd be no purpose to display your merits. That's where your slippery slope of an idea is leading us because instead of today's system where there's always five guaranteed winners and five guaranteed losers and the occasional loss forgiven match where winners gain half LP and losers are forgiven(THIS INFLATES ELO SO FORGIVING ALL THE TIME IS BAD), there'll be five winners and a varying amount of forgiven LP for select individuals of the losing team due to phantom disconnects.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 11:34pm | Report

My suggestion, lay off creating champions and rethink ranked games! Maybe your rank should be based off the win or lose AND your personal k/d/a for that match,

LOL

I'm just gonna play spawn Karthus. See y'all in challenger with zero deaths!

Also, this is only a problem because you're low elo. The higher up you go, the more people give a ****, and the less they DC because they don't have issues.

So if you want DC-less games, get good and climb.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2014 11:43pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Also, this is only a problem because you're low elo. The higher up you go, the more people give a ****, and the less they DC because they don't have issues.

So if you want DC-less games, get good and climb.

Do you now know how confused he'll be since we both made conflicting posts? fite me irl

BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:28am | Report
Keep calm and just go play a game right now.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide