Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ahri vs. Brand

Creator: Ravagestar July 7, 2012 5:20am
10 posts - page 1 of 1
Who's better, Ahri or Brand?
Ravagestar
<Member>
Ravagestar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 5:20am | Report
>_< Okay so apparently Brand and Ahri are counters to each other and damn good counters at that. Some call them arch nemeses. I just want to know. Which one has the bigger cult following? For me it's Ahri. She was the second champion I bought right after annie. YES I KNOW. I play a F*ck Ton of AP champions Ahri, Fizz, Annie, Maokai. ALL THAT GOOD STUFF

Ahri had an appeal to her. Animal + Human = Awesome Brand however >_> Well he looked a little..... :| I know those are just appearences. What about abilities? Ahri - 2 skill shots, an auto targeting trinity of spheres. That really give the champion, well, class. That's Because Ahri is based off the ninetailed fox myth from japan. F*CK YOU NARUTARDS! Now that, that is out of the way. The Ult was a little OP. Apparently long before I ever bought Ahri. THEY NERFED HER TWICE. O_O DAAAAAAAMN. Yet they still haven't nerfed Fizz that scary as F#CK little fish. HOT DAMN.

Anyway what does Brand have? Two skill shots, Dark matter, and a HOLY HOT MUSKRATS MATING INSIDE A CLOWNS STOMACH WHILE HE'S RIDING A UNICORN TO WORK! ......wut? ¯\(°_o)/¯ Have they nerfed him yet because that is really F*CKING OP. (Brand players will know what I'm talking about.) =_= They said Ahri was OP and Nerfed the living **** out of her ult's cooldown, YET HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE?! DAFAQ?!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Anyway.

What do you guys think? Who's better Ahri or Brand? Should Brand get nerfed? Has he already been nerfed? Are Ahri's nerfs justified? or idiotic? I mean really they kind of over did it. 110 sec for your escape mechanism? Really? Also, how likely is it that your *** is grass if you meet one of these two in a dark alleyway. WELL Brand's alleyway wouldn't be dark, you'd see him coming a mile away. He does kind of glow... See Ahri has subtlety. A very valuable skill. Anyway what do you guys think?
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 5:36am | Report
Firstly, I don't know if you know, but
You made the same identical thread 3 times.
Also, calm down bro ^^.

I think they're both cool, although of course
played right, both can be quite OP. I'm pretty
sure Brand has been nerfed, though I can't remember
the exact patch. If something really is deemed a bad
nerf when a champ is nerfed, chances are it will be
changed again.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 5:56am | Report
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 9:17am | Report
If I didn't know that kata has the best passive in the game I would vote for brand. Love that guys passive. If an enemy has 1k health he does skill damage plus 80. Space your harass and his damage will rip you a new one.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Ravagestar
<Member>
Ravagestar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 1:59pm | Report
I posted the same thread three times?
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2012 10:28pm | Report
Can't decide when i havn't tried brand.

But Frankly speaking I think a fed Brand will do more damage than a fed Ahri in teamfights.
Brand's burst damn hurts,he's the typical mage type that burns you down.
The only flaw he has is no escape mechanisms,but it's easier to land the stun skillshot when someone's chasing.
Brand's somehow similar to Ahri , an aoe nuke/poke,a skillshot cc,an aoe/multi-target ult.

Ahri>Brand at:Triple dash ult,instant cc
Brand>Ahri:Has a point and click skill,longer stun at level 1

I'll consider putting a ~ instead of a > or < between them.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2012 12:45am | Report
With Brand, you can actually concentrate his damage output. Ahri's just focuses a random nearby enemy (of course, prioritizing champions) except for the skill shots.

The only thing Ahri really has over Brand is the escape mechanism.

Aside from those two things, I think the two are fairly even.

Edit: She also has boobs. That is a win in itself...
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2012 3:19am | Report
animorte wrote:

With Brand, you can actually concentrate his damage output. Ahri's just focuses a random nearby enemy (of course, prioritizing champions) except for the skill shots.

The only thing Ahri really has over Brand is the escape mechanism.

Aside from those two things, I think the two are fairly even.

Edit: She also has boobs. That is a win in itself...

Fair assessment from animorte. Especially the last sentence. I prefer brand for his passive and his ability to focus on one champion with at least 3 of 4 skills, the 4th being possible if the focused one is in the front.

I also love the secondary effect his passive has on his skills. Stun, increased damage, aoe from single target and ultimate speed up.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
rekh
<Member>
rekh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Ahri has some useful abilities to her but I prefer Brand because of his ability to deal with both singular and multiple targets. I'm also a pyro, so there's that.
And when the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake the world with battle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide