Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Babit's season 3 journey.

Creator: Babit November 17, 2012 7:46am
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 7:46am | Report
Hello Mobafire, a lot of you may know me by now. I have been browsing/ghosting these forums since I started playing league, and well it's my turn to do a ranked journey :P. I'm really trying to improve in season 3 and this is more about self reflection than anything. Constructive criticism is very welcome though.

Season 3 backstory: I started out season 3 playing a few games on my smurf. I went 2/1 and decided ranked wasn't too imba and switched to my main. I lost my first game solo que, and then 2 more in a row duo. At this point I was really discouraged and I stopped playing ranked/league so much for a couple of days. I came back last night with new motivation and a fresh mind, going 2/1 in solo que. After this I decided to quit while I was ahead and go to sleep. I woke up this morning and got right back into it going 2/0. This brought me up to 4/4 in season 3 total. I decided I would make this thread after all since I'm back to even and see if it will help me improve as I climb for a better rating.

^^My match history from last night and this morning.
Bottom to top.
Game 1: Nerf Ire. Got counterpicked by Olaf, but 1 lvl 3 gank from my riven and this lane was over. Proceeded to outplay the entire enemy team on several occasions for the carry. EDIT: Also, in this game I built double doran>bruta>phage/tri. It was insane amounts of damage. If you feel like you can snowball your lane bruta is so strong, and ghostblade is a good item for Ire if you can afford to build bruta early.

Game 2: Lux is by far my favorite mid and I can't decide between her and MF for current personal Fotm. I got Katarina banned so my opponent tries to counter with Ahri. Unfortunately for him he was really bad and also took teleport. I got an early kill when he tried to freeze lane at lvl3 against a massive wave, and proceeded to snowball from that point on. Whole team did really well and this game was easy.

Game 3: 3rd ranked loss as MF in a row. This was killing me. I did decent in lane, but not well enough. The enemy Wukong got 3 kills in a lvl1 fight. We got 2, but Wukong just destroyed our Ire top, coming out of lane 6/0. I definitely should've laned better against this Corki. I took cleanse because they had Amumu and Sona, but I missed several kills barely, I expect this is because I'm used to having ignite. This is really frustrating me and something I need to work on.

Game 4: Finally a MF win. Good guy FP goes jungle because I say I'm horrible at it and gives me AD. He was legendary Nunu. This game was kind of stupid. We were way ahead, but our jax did nothing but split push, so we couldn't close out. The game ended in a base race. I decided to help jax push and we won the game by 1 or 2 autos on the nexus. XD This was way too close, next time I will just b and defend with team. Also, I hate bad Leona. I came out of lane 0/1 because my Leona stayed at 1/3 hp the entire lane phase. Just remember to farm as hard as you can and you can go from 0/1 to 5/1 easy.

Game 5: 2 in a row. Sona MF is probably one of my favorite combos ever. Lane phase wasn't even that great because we kept having to use ults separately. I still outfarmed the enemy Ashe drastically though, getting a blue buff when skarner ganks XD. Later on when team fights start me and Sona would just wombo combo their entire team letting Diana, Darius, and Lee sin go grazy. Really smooth game was very satisfied with how I played this game aside from the fact that my ult got off sync with Sona. Also there was a situation where Ashe hit lv6 just before me and got an ult off resulting in a 2-2 trade that was really sketchy. I need to watch for that against powerful ult champions like Ashe.

I already feel like this is helping XD. I'm goign to que up shortly and I'll have post games.

Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 7:54am | Report
Also, what do you think about posting replays? I record every game on lolrecorder, but I don't want to post them if nobody is interested.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 8:10am | Report
This should be in the "Competitive Scene" forums
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 10:23am | Report

Tough game. Brand got really fed and was just destroying. Our Darius was doing alright so we managed to catch up, but it felt like everyone got frustrated with the stale mate and a lot of stupid engages happened. I should have done better in lane. I believe I was 2/1 coming out of lane, but MF outfarmed me. MF Lulu is a ton of damage.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide