Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Common mistakes for Low ELO?

Creator: Sidewinders June 23, 2021 1:09pm
Sidewinders
<Member>
Sidewinders's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2021 1:09pm | Report
(Posted from my Blog, I understand that these kinds of threads appear all the time, tho I feel like its important)

Hey, so I am trash at league of legends, which normally is fine
But there is one person I often duo-queue with and I feel/know I'm always dragging them down, which makes me feel somewhat sad I guess. The person in question says it's fine, but I feel like it is not fun, It can't be fun to play with someone who is way worse than you.

I do/done everything I can, look at macro/micro guides, play games as much as I can (I can't play everyday, unfortunately, so I only play when I can) I constantly watch/read guides on champions I enjoy.
I constantly read up on patch-notes and such when it's relevant to the lane/champs I like to play on. I honestly just feel completely lost.

Do you people have any tips/ideas on what to do to improve? I'm honestly debating quitting LoL until I get my own pc so I can play whenever I feel like playing, but then I don't know if the person I play with is fine with me just stopping for a while. I don't know
Remember, having fun is the best "rank" you can have in League of Legends.
ClownWise
<Member>
ClownWise's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2021 6:26am | Report
To give you a tailored tip I should look at one or few of your matches.

Anyway try with the basics, map awareness, use of wards and sum (when and where), when to engage and disengage, objectives and tactic (what is more important in that particular situation)

Play some PvE, i know it's not funny, but if you suck so much you'll learn a lot, when you'll be able to have a good amount of kills without deaths you'll be ready to PvP.

Guides can be helpful to a certain point (fairly limited) all the rest is how you gonna use it and your reflex in the game, so... tailor your lane and champ relative by your skill

Some champs require very good reflex and allow a lot of tricks, while other are more simple and allow to focus more on the whole side of the game, I would recommend you to play as a sup and get an straight forward champ, Morg, Seph, or even something more simple with no skill shot.

Once you'll get used to play around, understand how to move and help teammates and how to win a game, then you can move to other more complex champs or lane
ClownWise
<Member>
ClownWise's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2021 6:34am | Report
Ps

One common mistake for low elo, is to not think by your own and be blind sight by guides as a dogma.
Guides are good but you have to use your brain, ex: a champ with high winning rate doesn't mean that when you gonna play it you'll do the same, is not the toon (in low elo) is the PLAYER.

Few other low elo mistake, farm blind, no use of wards or acknowledge their importance (AND WHERE TO PLACE EM), timing (when to engage and when not), teamfights (another time timing, some people wait till all the teammates are dead, then go in and give the penta...) mobility (your lane is not the world, move across the map when it's needed) and most not last PVE if you suck too much
smurf4u
<Member>
smurf4u's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2022 4:01pm | Report
The primary low elo mistake is that they are looking at their own performance, not the team's score. They often chase the kill for too long. Added to this is the lack of skill in acquiring minions, or the lack of knowledge of all champions and items.
duhocngheduc
<Member>
duhocngheduc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2022 8:39am | Report
my elo also low
du học nghề đức, du học nghề đức 2022
Sidewinders
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2022 6:48am | Report
smurf4u wrote:
The primary low elo mistake is that they are looking at their own performance, not the team's score. They often chase the kill for too long. Added to this is the lack of skill in acquiring minions, or the lack of knowledge of all champions and items.

Yes I have noticed myself doing this. Now-days I only play shen as i feel like he benefits me the most. Able to help the team with ult and he generally fits my playstyleAnd i seem to improve. Soon silver and i hope to reach gold
Sidewinders
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2022 6:49am | Report
smurf4u wrote:

Thank you for the response. I posted my recent match-history in a post earlier and i feel like i've improved a lot thanks to the tips. :D tysm!
Sidewinders
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2022 6:49am | Report
my elo also low

You got this king!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide