Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Copying builds to the client

Creator: Alonshow February 9, 2017 2:13pm
Alonshow
<Member>
Alonshow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2017 2:13pm | Report
I'd like to know if there is a way to copy automatically Mobafire builds to the LOL client, including masteries, item sets and rune pages. Every time I get a new champion I select a guide in Mobafire to learn from it, but I face the chore of manually copying all of these data to the client, which is quite tedious and time consuming. Is there any way to do it automatically?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 12:29pm | Report
That sounds too much of a niche application. I'm pretty sure mobafire doesn't have one, but maybe some third party made their own? It sounds like a good idea so someone might have already done it.
Alonshow
<Member>
Alonshow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2017 9:42pm | Report
Niche? I would expect almost everybody who uses these guides to need it. I imagine that almost everybody does the same I do: tediously copying mastery after mastery, item after item, etc.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 8:32pm | Report
I thought there was a legal issue involved with having a program automatically copy something to the league client
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 9:00pm | Report
Alonshow wrote:
Niche? I would expect almost everybody who uses these guides to need it. I imagine that almost everybody does the same I do: tediously copying mastery after mastery, item after item, etc.
Well, not everybody uses LoL guides. And some of the people that use them don't actually copy mastery by mastery and rune by rune and instead use their best judgement to come up with a build.

On item sets, they're not currently being supported by Riot and may disappear once the new client goes live (the new client doesn't have item sets). Apparently not many people actually used them.

utopus wrote:
I thought there was a legal issue involved with having a program automatically copy something to the league client
It's possibly against the summoner's code or some of the stuff you agree upon when installing the client or making an account. Unless you're referring to that statement Riot made about third party applications during a game, which was a controversy sparked with the voice chat programs a couple years ago.
J3r3myDE
<Member>
J3r3myDE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2018 2:28pm | Report
There is a way now, indeed but it's kind of complicated. First things first, you need Chrome browser and Tampermonkey to run scripts in it. Then you go to https://gist.github.com/anka-213/5252625980184bf596dd1839fd5e0f4b and click on "Raw". There you can install the script for Tampermonkey. Now go to mobafire and copy the URL of the Item set you want to get in lol. Next you go to http://lol.item-set.com/#!/editor and cick on "Upload", there you select "from website" and paste the Mobafire Guide Url-Link. If you installed the Tampermonkey script correctly you should see a button called "copy" (if not, you didn't install it properly). Click the button, open League Client, Collection, Items, press "Import Item set" -> Paste Copied Set - > press "ctrl+V" to paste -> enter and you're done. repeat the same steps for any Item sets from Mobafire, Lolking and LoLalytics, now that you have installed the script everything will be done in 1 or 2 minutes.
The owner of http://lol.item-set.com/#!/editor is planing to implement the copy button on the website without needing to use a script but this is the only way to do it right now.
Wizerty
<Member>
Wizerty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2018 2:51pm | Report
Hi guys, this really help me, but now when i copy the link of the build, and past them in the "item set editor" (website --> mobafire), the site tells me that the URL is not recognized, so if you can help me i will apreciate, have a great day

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide