Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help?

Creator: Macaco Velho November 23, 2011 10:11am
8 posts - page 1 of 1
Macaco Velho
<Member>
Macaco Velho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 10:11am | Report
Hey. Well, lately I've been playing some ranked matches, and I'm not satisfied at all with the results.

My average Elo until last month was 1300. Not good, not bad. Recently, I've been in losing streaks that just seem endless. My Elo is going down quickly, I am around 1120 and keep losing. Keep losing. And I can't even say that my teammates suck like other people would, I used to have a 22.0 KDA ratio with Veigar, now I'm used to going 2/8, 0/5 and such. What the hell is happening?

I first thought that I was being matched against better players, but my Elo is decreasing, so this is nonsense. Then I thought that I just was tired or something. But it is happening every single match. I can just assume I instantly "forgot" how to play this. What should I do?
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 10:28am | Report
Your just in a slump , something we all go through from time to time.

Just relax and try mixing up your champions, try watching some streams to get that edge back.

And most importantly don't get upset while playing only makes you worse.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 10:53am | Report
Take a break. Come back next week. Dont mind if you lose the first match.
Losing is part of the game too. A few weeks ago, I was playing like 10 matches per week and winning only 2. I stopped for a month, came back and just played. Now I win one, lose the other.

Playing rankeds may be stressful, I know what its like. With time, I learned not to care about the result.
Macaco Velho
<Member>
Macaco Velho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 10:59am | Report
The thing is: I can't see where I have to improve. I know I'm not a great player, but I always seemed to know "where to head to". That point I always aimed for just seems kinda blurry now; I think I could use some help of a silver or golden player now, if any would be willing to point my mistakes.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 11:10am | Report

My average Elo until last month was 1300. Not good, not bad.

while no one might tell you this, 1300 is actually quite good. Have you ever considered you're in the top 25% of League of Legends players?

There was a really good post on this topic on the General forums (NA side), when I find it i'll post it. While it talks about elo misconceptions, it also gives you some tips. Anyway, after losing a game or 2, you might want to take a break for a while. I often go a couple days or even a week without playing a ranked game.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 11:16am | Report

The thing is: I can't see where I have to improve. I know I'm not a great player, but I always seemed to know "where to head to". That point I always aimed for just seems kinda blurry now; I think I could use some help of a silver or golden player now, if any would be willing to point my mistakes.

Download LoL replay and whenever you lose a game, watch it. You can generally analyze your play better when you are watching yourself rather than in game. You'll see your mistakes and what to improve on.

The first step to getting better at the game is recognizing your misktakes, and it looks like you are willing to do that so that's a plus for you.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 11:32am | Report

I'm not a silver or golden player, but I've taught many friends how to play LoL, since the basic things to the best strategies I've seen.
I can help you if you dont mind. PM me, we'll find a time to play together and I'll see what can be done.

"I'll see what can be done" was like a person asking a doc what's gonna happen, and that's what the latter says.
abzilla
<Member>
abzilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2011 4:12pm | Report
new masteries = new styles =different damage variants. maybe your build needs tweaking if your skills haven't changed. Also the replays idea is fantastic if you watch yourself. I think you're just running a bad streak that will balance out or you nee to change veigar as a whole (be it build or champion selection).

Click +Rep if you thought I was helpful please! Also check out my Ryze build!
I will Ryze to the occasion... hur hur

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide