Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riots hypocritical rules

Creator: Doodlesquid May 30, 2020 7:46am
Doodlesquid
<Member>
Doodlesquid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2020 7:46am | Report
So, I am new to these forums...Hello, You can call me Squid :D

Despite my completely ruined view of the community in game, I believe there are good people out there that actually play this game and don't work for Riot.

I am sure there are many players on here who saw Voyboy post about how Riot doesn't seem to care anymore....and as a player with a few permabans for calling out trolls himself, it cements the concept in my brain even more that Riot is out for the money...Not the playerbase. I feel you can get banned for following their rules or not. It doesn't matter.

As I type this, I am currently on a chat restriction for telling players to report my support player for walking down and griefing/flaming all game. Understand, it is not allowed to call out the player or try to convince them to work with you, as that level of nice teamwork is seemingly unacceptable, based off my experience.

Some players say "Dude, just turn off the chat!" I believe chat is important for fun, communication, friends, and teamwork. Sure, you can climb without it, but I want to have fun with players, and that strong believe makes me not turn it off. I believe it is important in other ways. Pings are just not fun, and some of the more immature players think pinging is toxic (sadly)

We live in a society where it is exceptionally easy for someone to be offended, and that can be borderline illegal to offend someone nowadays (again, also sad)

This is a popular LoL site. I hope there are Riot employees on here who can read this, and as an individual, i can respect you for trying to do the right thing on behalf of Riot and as a human being, you are worthy of respect...The company as a whole though, I cannot have any more respect for. I play the game because it is fun and I have friends who do, and I am competitive by nature. I can also seperate a good game from a not-so-good company. Riot, as a player who has been victimized by bullying a lot of his life due to autism and lack of understanding at times, you deserve absolutely no respect from me for any ban I have recieved due to trying to convince teams to work together and for trying to be an adult.

I call you out because you are hypocritical in your rules and you do not care about your customer base or your fanbase, unless it specifically gets you money. You cannot admit when you make a mistake unless its to make excuses that sound like the communities fault instead of your oversights.

I would love Riot to prove me wrong, as in order to so, I would need my accounts back and the report system fixed severely, where only trolls get banned, and report tickets from players who are simply just angry at a teammate for having a bad game don't get acknowledged.

This is in support of ANY non toxic player in the community who suffers from the toxic players of League and who suffers from a company who supports a toxic system and cares more about money than they do a nice community.
Dyto
<Member>
Dyto's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2020 9:30am | Report
Ohhh nope, I honestly couldnt read the whole whiney post but you're absolutely wrong in every point I did read.

First of all, the only reports that riot actually cares about or uses for bans ARE abuse reports, you can int your *** off forever and NEVER get a ban unless you say in chat everygame ( Im feeding on purpose ).

Second the only reports that SHOULDNT end in permanent bans are the only ones that CAN get you a ban, yeah chat reports the only way to get a perma ban, meanwhile you're wrong when you say "I cant turn off chat because im a self entitled brat who would rather inflict retribution than fix the original problem". No, the correct choice is to turn off chat if you're so weak you cant handle the colorful chat sometimes people use.

Also, I have played with many toxic, many bad, and many toxic AND bad players, and this is an ABSOLUTE fact, while you can EASILY mute away abuse, you cannot and I mean CANNOT mute away people intentionally ruining your game, so no you are a self entitled whiney brat that probably griefs the moment anybody criticizes one thing you did wrong.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide