Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Shaco the Demon Jester, Pt. 1

Creator: The Overmyynd May 8, 2012 7:12pm
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 7:12pm | Report
Red horsehair flashed as the spear came whizzing like an arrow towards Shaco's face. A quick twist of the shoulder, and the side of the blade felt cold as it barely kissed his cheek. Retracting just as fast as it leapt in, Xin Zhao readied his spear for another lightning fast strike. A flurry of red and silver flashes surrounded Shaco, but he barely dodged every single attack, a scratch on clothes here, a crimson hair caught on an exposed blade there. But his body remained untouched. Tumbling back into the bush, Shaco created a clone, and sent it leaping towards Xin. Surprised, he set his spear up in defense, and caught the clone dead center in the abdomen. Shaco watched as his eyes lit up with victory, then widen in fear as the clone began to pull his way up the spear, dragging it through him hand over hand, until he had a deathgrip on Xin's forearms. Decieving forward, Shaco reappeared invisible behind his prey. Drawing his blade, he cupped one hand over Xin's eyes, pulled his head back, and sliced the flesh presented by an open jaw, giving the spearman a permanent smile as he screamed and gurgled in agony. The aesthetics of the kill done, Shaco quickly kicked the back of Xin's knees, knocking him to the ground, and repeatedly drove his knife between the dying man's ribs before running back into the bush, hearing a manic, mechanical laugh and an explosion echo behind him.

Scaling a wall, he hopped to the top to observe the nexus of the opponent's base. A fierce battle was being fought, with no sides appearing to be gaining an upper hand. Amumu chose that moment to use his most powerful ability, and locked all four of the opponents down, and the tide of battle shifted. Shaco scowled. He hated that obnoxious little mummy child. Never smiled. No matter what. And those damn bandages across his face never looked right when he sliced them apart, they always dangled and hung at odd angles, and it never looked like a smile at all, no matter how much time he took to work on them to make them look just right. So frustrating.

He was brought out of his momentary aggravation when people started to die, equally on both sides, until only Alistar remained. Using the last of his life and energy, he beat and tore at the base of the final turret, until it crumbled and fell, and Alistar fell with it. Shaco snorted in wry amusement. Was it really going to be this easy? He leaped from the top of the wall over to the top of the floating crystal which crowned the enemy nexus. Deceptively fragile, he began to hack away at the upper point. Chips flew in all directions, until there was a decent gash in the top. He drove his largest dagger into it, hilt up, and stood with his arms outstretched. Bending his knees deep, he yelled "Banzai!" and leapt high into the air, did a backflip, and landed on the hilt of his blade, driving it deep into the heart of the stone. A vast spiderweb of cracks filled the entirety of the massive crystal, and it shattered into a thousand pieces.

After retrieving his blade from the top of the pile, he stood and bowed to the open air, and all the summoners and spectators he knew to be watching, and spoke aloud, "Thank you, thank you, my wonderful crowd, you've been a fantastic audience, see you tomorrow! And remember, always smile!"

He felt himself begin to disintegrate, which was an alltogether interesting feeling, and the world fell into millions of pinpoints of multicolored lights, before it all went dark. An instant later (at least to him it felt like an instant, he knew it to be about 5 minutes in reality) he reappeared, but not in the room he left from. Instead, he was inside a summoner's room. Curiosity peaked, he started to look around. He had never actually been inside the place where his summoners had been pulling the strings. The shadows were deep, and the place had a quaint gloom about it.

He grinned suddenly, and spoke aloud, "You know, you really are terrible at hiding. Why try to use shadows, when you know I live in them?"

A hooded figure stepped out from behind a pillar, and waited a moment before he spoke. "That was a good show today. You truly are a monster. And people love to watch monsters."

Laughing, Shaco said "Oh stop, you're flattering me. And I can only take so much flattery. Instead, how about you tell me why we are here?"

"Shaco, my dear clown, you usually aren't so direct. But, if you must know, I have a job for you."

Snearing, he replied "Please, meatbag, I already put on shows for you, sometimes several times a day. I do your political work, and your mass entertainment, at the cost of my previously burgeoning assassination career. Why would I want to do even more for you?"

"Perhaps because it will give you at least a week of freedom, with no one summoning you to fight in the ring. Guaranteed."

Shaco leaned against a pillar, crossed his feet, and put his chin in his right hand. "Hmmmmm.... very interesting. But, it would seem with how often people call on me, that I am one of your more popular picks. What in the world could convince you to let me out on vacation for, what was it, 'at least a week'?"

The hooded figure considered the homicidal comedian for a moment. "I would be willing to let you out on 'vacation' as you put it, for doing the Institute itself a favor. I need something delivered to some very important people. Quite a dangerous trip, one that requires alot of... finesse, discretion, and stealth. You lack the first two, but excel at the last, so we think that you will do."

Shaco couldn't help himself. He grinned from ear to ear. The balls on this guy were massive, to talk to him like that. Didn't mean he liked the guy. Just respected him a bit more. But... He still felt he needed to bust those huge balls a bit before he gave an answer. "So... here is what im understanding here, correct me if I'm wrong... You want me to take a break from being a high-class public killer, adored by many, with a cozy room, WITH room service, by the way, so that I can go out on the street, where no one will recognize me, no one will wait on me, and if I do happen to commit one, lousy little murder, the cops will actually be after me? And all this just to be your personal delivery boy? Sounds like quite a deal you have there, boss. Do some more convincing."

The hooded figure sighed. "Very well. If you choose to do this favor for us, we will upgrade your room to a dungeon suite, and give you two days a month off to do as you please for the next year."

Well, that was easy. I could probably get more, thought Shaco. "Make sure the dungeon has a secret passage to the outside of the Institute, and you have a deal. I may find myself in need of... company from time to time, that I may not want the general public aware of."

"Why would you be telling me something you want to keep secret from the Institute? After all, I am here on their behalf."

Shaco jerked a finger in the man's direction, and crooned a sharp "********, sir" at him.

The hooded man visibly rocked back on his heels, jerking at the suddenness of the attack. "What? Why would you say such a thing?"

Shaco shook his head in wry amusement. "Because, if the Council wanted to meet me, I would be in front of the Council, or at least in a traditional meeting room. I would most certainly NOT be in the single most spy-proof room in the world, talking to a single man who's face I cannot see, who's name I do not and will not know, and who is so willing to accommodate my frankly ridiculous demands with so little resistance. No... You, my mysterious friend, have a personal mission for me. You have many favors open for you to call in to make sure this deal of yours goes down properly, because you have ALOT of money to make here. That is why I am perfectly OK with asking for a secret passageway... If you have the power to move me at will, and remove the summoner's magic bonds whenever you please, you and only you will know what I ask for, because you and only you know about this quest in the first place, because it is more than likely highly illegal." Shaco paused for a moment to let this information sink in. "Well? Am I right?" He received no answer for several moments.

A simple question was asked in response. "Will you accept the mission, or not?".

Shaco giggled softly. "Will I have my room with secret passage? And my monthly vacation time?"

"As long as you don't mind being floor mates with Fiddlesticks".

"Oh, that roped together pile of sticks doesn't bother me. I actually kind of like the guy. Maybe I'll be able to strike a conversation with him, if I try long enough. We have enough in common, both of us representing the dark and twisted urges of the horror known as the human race... Hell... Maybe I can actually get him to smile for me."

The hooded man hummed a little chuckle of his own. "We are all allowed to have a dream, my friend. Your demands will be met. " He stuck his hand out of his robes. "Do we have a deal?"

Shaco regarded the outstretched hand for a brief instant, before he stuck out his own. The man grasped his hand, then jumped and tried to pull away as a crimson stream started to drip down both of their arms. Shaco had slid out a slim blade from his sleeve, so that they were both cut, sealing the deal with blood. He squeezed tighter, and pulled the man in closer, causing him to grunt with pain. Giving him his most winning grin, he whispered "The deal... Is done. Your package will be delivered within one week's time... And I will have my room, and monthly vacations. If either of us do not meet our end of the bargain, the blood spilled here will be only the beginning." He released his grasp, and the man pulled away quickly, holding his wrist to attempt to stop the bleeding. So tickled was he by this sight, Shaco started laughing. And kept laughing, even as he felt himself start to dissolve again, and his world start to go black. The last image he saw was of the man standing half in shadow, his face revealed by the light generated by the teleportation magic. Short, blond hair, a square, clean cut face, bright blue eyes, and a scar across his chin. What an unusual face. Should be very easy to remember.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 7:15pm | Report
I'm on my honeymoon currently, so I figured I would use some spare time to make some more lorecrafting. This is part one, part two to come before I come back from the beach. Those of you that follow my lore, hope I don't disappoint you! For those of you who are new, hope you enjoy!
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
MedievalMonsta
<Member>
MedievalMonsta's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 7:34pm | Report
Awesome! Can't tell if I like this one or the Maokai one more, both are pretty sick.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:57pm | Report
I would say that its more brutal than the maokai one, but there were a few pretty gruesome deaths there too. IDK, its still a work in progress. This one might end up being a 3 part-er, lol, its a big story. im posting all my stuff on my blog now, too, so all of my stories will be available for people to look at all the time.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide