Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Syndra Review

Creator: Myrmonden September 15, 2012 8:46am
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Myrmonden
<Member>
Myrmonden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 8:46am | Report
Hello people, I do some League of Legends Review of champion gameplay design. And heres my newest work.
Syndra http://myrmonden.blogspot.se/2012/09/league-of-legends-champion-review-syndra.html

Hmm I was kinda disappointed in Syndra, because I really like Characters like her. The effective core gameplay of her should suit me. I think if Riot games would simply make the balls last a lot longer it would be so much more enjoyable.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 1:57pm | Report
Spheres last long enough. She is the "highest" skill cap champ for a reason, her kit has SOME issues, sphere duration IMO isn't one of them. If they did last longer it would be too easy to abuse for her ultimate which could potentially one shot someone if you have enough AP.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 1:17am | Report
3 spheres with 0 ap.
540 damage level 1 ult on anyone.

Havn't fought her yet but this seems ridiculous?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 1:21am | Report
It's not really.

's only 270 damage at rank one.

By the time you get to 16, 540 damage, people have way more HP than that.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 1:22am | Report
yeah but getting 3 spheres out is sorta only possible if you have max CDR and with the mana problems she has and the lower ap scaling (heard it was in the .4-.7 range) means build CDR just to have 3 balls for a max damage ult isnt that great
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 2:19am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

3 spheres with 0 ap.
540 damage level 1 ult on anyone.

Havn't fought her yet but this seems ridiculous?

Hehe well in theory yes :)

In reality you'll never be able to get 3 orbs down due to them not staying around long enough, and even if possible, a good opponent would see it coming a mile off, zone you till they despawned, and come back after you've crippled your mana
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 2:26am | Report
Inferiae wrote:

Hehe well in theory yes :)

In reality you'll never be able to get 3 orbs down due to them not staying around long enough, and even if possible, a good opponent would see it coming a mile off, zone you till they despawned, and come back after you've crippled your mana

Meh this thought comes from a game i spectate,
with a lux dying everytime syndra dishes out everything.
The syndra maxes R>W>E>Q
Maybe she's just bad.
tribness
<Member>
tribness's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 3:02am | Report
you will always get AT LEAST 3 spheres on your enemy, because when syndra ulti's she uses the 3 spheres that she always have around her. so you will it always for at least the 3 spheres to a maximum of 6 spheres.
Myrmonden
<Member>
Myrmonden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 3:45am | Report
Lol skill is not an issue.

If you read my review in the end its about the game resource.

A control character need to have a good use of game resource if they are based around them so heavily like Syndra and they dont last long enough.

Still that's not the main point, the point was to make her more unique she should be able to have a lot more spheres as that would make her go away from Zyra, with Zyra having always 2 balls of her own. There is not much difference playing Syndra as you have around 3 at best.

If Syndra truly was to be a hard character to play and to use map control she should have like 10 spheres out, and make the scatter the weak do less dmg etc. It should be about the map control. Furthermore, balls should bounce on each other etc. She is not max difficult to play the game is not that hard. Hardest to play in lol = ridicules easy to play relatively to other genres.

Edit: To further explain the issue.
Syndra's abilities give the chance for a way more complex character then what she currently is. To say that she is max difficulty makes me feel sad. To me, she should do a lot less damage with force of will and scatter the weak and unleashed power should do way less damage. This will give room for a lot more spheres. - Add some game mechanics to the spheres, for example bouncing on each other. And the user can set up way more interesting attacks, the gameplay will be far more control oriented. And a lot harder.

Currently she is way to simple, the user basically throw some spheres, lift one throws it. And move according the the opponent to be able to push the ball into them. It is not hard. It is stale.

Regardless if she is good or bad, I found her boring. And as I say I like control characters and I just see so much missed potential.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 7:21am | Report
orb>toss orb (resets timer)>orb>stun(again reset)>orb>ulti

The hard part is landing the w and stun.

Syndra is just drastically underrated atm. I've been playing her a lot, and while she is hard to get down she has serious potential. In 1 game I 1v1'd an ad sion and MELTED him with the above combo + ignite. We were roughly even in score, and neither one of us being fed. As he dropped his team came around the wraith camp to get me. I used my push and stunned like 3 out of 4. This was the 2 seconds my team needed to get there and do work of their own.

Syndra can make big plays in teamfights. She can also pretty much gib any carry that is dumb enough to get in range.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide