Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Popularity system

Creator: Tychus January 27, 2014 6:13pm
2 posts - page 1 of 1
Tychus
<Member>
Tychus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 6:13pm | Report
Hey guys, just trying to understand something. So I have recently created a guide on Master yi and I've had some positive coments, almost all tbh. The thing is even with 4k views, which I know is not a lot, no one votes. Im just trying to understand why people dont vote >.< this makes it really hard for new guides to get seen and in addition to that, the system with high elo makes people check guides that in my opinion are really bad, now don't get me wrong, im not saying my guide is perfect and is the best of all guides ever made, just trying to point out that it's quite anoying to see bad guides be popular and good ones be unseen. I've recently checked trough the new-updated guides and most of them are like 1k views-4k views with 14 comments, and NONE of them has a single vote.
Any toughts? am I the only one that thinks this way?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2014 12:59pm | Report
You have to keep in mind that the views count guests as well, people just googling / looking for the first build for a champion they find. You have to be a registered member to vote, so that's a lot smaller group of people. Getting votes is a common problem for a lot of people.

It also has to do with the popularity of the champ. Master Yi isn't the most popular champ, and not a lot of people play him (and would therefore know what to vote on your guide).

You can post in review shops in this forum to get some critiques / views for your guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/build-and-guide-discussion
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide