Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Builds titles overlaps navigation toolbar

Creator: Tinaby September 6, 2010 5:34am
Tinaby
<Member>
Tinaby's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2010 5:34am | Report
Hello,

i noticed that for a little moment, when i'm on a build, i can't use the navigation bar because the title of the build is at first plan. For instance, if i put my mouse on "Tools", i can only go to Item planner, as the rest is behind the title and the menu vanishes when the mouse goes down.

It may be a problem from my browser (i'm at work right now), but if not, it should be good to fix this :)

It works well when i'm not on a build page.
Even if other people make ****, that does not make your actions better !
Tinaby
<Member>
Tinaby's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2010 5:50am | Report
It also seems that the comment feed is a little "late" on the main page.

Should be due to myself again, or a modification of the database call. Or a periodic refreshment ?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2010 5:57am | Report
Hey Tinaby, thanks for letting us know! However I am not able to reproduce your menu issue, could you tell us what browser and OS you're using when you get the problem?

As for the comment feed, this is a side effect of caching. The homepage is one of the most complex and involving pages on the site and we cache certain parts for a short period of time to avoid slowing the whole system down by building it fresh every time someone loads it. It makes a huge difference and we feel the massive speed boost is worth it being a little behind :) However we are still working on the caching system to make it a little smarter and to further minimize such issues, so you should see some improvement over time.

Hope that explains it :)
Tinaby
<Member>
Tinaby's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2010 6:32am | Report
That explains it very well :)

I'm using IE 6 at work (not a choice, i cry every day xD). This makes a lot of things not working well but these things used to ^^

Caching is just a massive headache source ! Good luck for improvements, i know it can be really annoying when you try to have optimal things for both user and provider^^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide