Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Feature Request] Allow users to invite others...

Creator: utopus March 2, 2015 6:05am
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 6:05am | Report
As an example of how this would be helpful:
The picture above is our PM conversation for the inhouse point system. Bryun is no longer a Ref, and doesn't really benefit from seeing this message thread. It'd be nice and convenient for him to be able to have an option to leave this current conversation. Conversely, active refs like Maintained were not around when this PM message thread started. It would do him good to have a way for him to get added to this conversation so that he can stay in the loop for any future questions wayne has from us. It'd be quite inconvenient for us to start a new message thread every single time one person didn't want to receive messages anymore from that PM thread, or every single time you wanted to add >1 person to the conversation.

In terms of how this could look design-wise, one idea is to mimic facebook's group messaging theme. I attached a sample group conversation below:

Speaking for myself, I would look at the PM system a lot more favorably, and probably use it a lot more if it was dynamic in this way
Thoughts?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 7:52am | Report
I think that would be nice, but giving newly added people access to previous messages doesn't sound all that great to me. I sent those messages to the former recipients, not to the new one.

It might also be worth considering who will be able to add new people to a conversation too.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 10:47pm | Report
I presume if this was to happen at all, it would just change the list of conversation participants for the next messages sent and wouldn't grant access to any old ones.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 10:58pm | Report
I edited the OP to clear up any confusion :)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide