Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Somehow, half of my guide got deleted

Creator: Xenotechie September 30, 2012 12:35am
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 12:35am | Report
Pretty much what the thread title says. Everything past chapter 11 of my guide just vanished into ether, along with the tags. Oddly enough, this exact thing happened before, but I had less chapters back then :)

Anyway, any way to fix this? If not, I'll just start re-writing it again if there's no way, but it would be really nice if it was possible to return the guide to an earlier date somehow. The link is in the signature, I archived it until I can repair it, one way or the other.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 10:26am | Report
Just rewrite it, I've had the same problem. I recommend copying your guide into word documents or some other text program, so that you don't lose the code.

If you have the time when it got deleted, you might be able to PM Matt to restore it (if it's not public it won't work).

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Well, I know that it was deleted around the the Kha'Zix update to MOBAfire, so that's something. I'll PM Matt, thanks.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 8:03pm | Report
when it happened to me, matt told me it was a cache issue, and he just recached it and it worked. double check before trying to rewrite your guide.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 8:48pm | Report
When that happened to me, I think I wanted the sections that got deleted rewritten anyway XD
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2012 9:53pm | Report
when you edit your guide , and you see everything gone , don't save . exit from your browser and reopen mobafire.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 2:07pm | Report
This happens from time to time. Our builder is a complex mix of client- and server-side communication and if you have connection issues and save your guide in a broken state, it can cause loss of data. We always recommend keeping a local copy of your guide text, and if you ever see the guide page glitching out you should copy your work to a local file and then reload it before saving again.

We do keep full, daily database backups but they are in an archived state, intended for site restore in the event of a mass hardware failure or other disaster. To recover small pieces of data in this way takes a huge amount of time and manual effort unfortunately. As such, we just don't have the resources to justify it, as we need to focus that time on managing the site.

I'm sorry :( You will have to rewrite the lost sections.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide