Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Video ads bugging pages.

Creator: Kinen September 14, 2013 11:56am
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 11:56am | Report
I've had problems with page loading which only ever occur when video ads like the recent "Fast and Furious 6" load. On the front page it causes nothing to load below the recent e-sports build panel and on threads it results in the post editer not appearing. This is extremely frustrating when previewing posts and suddenly finding that you cannot edit or publish the previewed post.

Maybe it's not linked to the ads, but it only ever occurs when video ads load, never with static ones, although it doesn't occur 100%. When I first tried to create this thread no editor appeared, when I reloaded it I had the same ad but the editor did appear. And then it happened on four consecutive occasions when I previewed this thread and wanted to publish :/

To add some more detail, it seems to be movie ads which do it. The WoW ad is fine, as have been various detergent ads, despite all being video ones.

edit: Oh yeah, I'm using Chrome. Dunno if this occurs on other browsers.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Could you take some screenshots? I'm also using Chrome but haven't seen this problem. It could be your connection speed. Either way, screenshots would help! Especially several on different pages.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 1:23pm | Report
Will do :3

Main Page As seen from the scroll bar, no more of the page was loaded :/

Edit Post

Preview Post

Forum Thread

Every instance actually has the same ad. I also just noticed that there is a second, different F&F6 ad, which has video but does not cause the problem, so it seems the ad here does cause it every time. I've had it occur with some other movie ads that are no longer displayed on Mobafire. I have a couple of streams up atm, but I've had the problem occur when Mobafire is the only tab. Could it be speed? I don't know much about these internet things.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 1:51pm | Report
Alright, reporting this to the dev team. Anyone else having this issue please chime in, maybe we can find some connections / escalate the issue!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide