Vote Issue

Creator: Lucorian5 January 18, 2013 5:41pm
10 posts - page 1 of 1
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 18, 2013 5:41pm | Report
Had another slight problem with my guide, although unrelated to the previous one where it wouldn't show up under Pantheon guides. This one has to do with a vote I got that didn't seem to register in the percentage of the guide; the vote count increased by one, but the percent didn't change. I know that once a large amount of votes have been gathered it takes more than one to add 1%, but this was only the 14th vote and should have done at least 1% I'm pretty sure...any solutions?

Its the most recent upvote that didn't register, by the guy with the Rengar avatar.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 18, 2013 6:03pm | Report
Votes can take some time to update on all the various screens, and according to the time stamps, it has only been a few hours. If it's still wonky later this weekend, then let us know again.
Interested in playing some League with other MobaFire members? Play in our weekly inhouses!
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 18, 2013 6:42pm | Report
Ok I'll keep an eye on it and by late tommorow or early Sunday if it still hasn't fixed itself I'll let you know in this Thread.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 9:53pm | Report
Still hasn't adjusted, the guide has increased by 2% since, but that is because of two new upvotes, that particular one still seems to be glitched, despite increasing the vote count.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:02pm | Report
I think since you have 16 votes and it shows 16 votes under the score it is registering properly. The score seems right.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:10pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I think since you have 16 votes and it shows 16 votes under the score it is registering properly. The score seems right.

That's what I meant to say, the vote registered and it said it had one more vote than I had previously when I first got it, but the percentage score of teh guide didn't change. And it shouldn't be even close to the point where it takes two upvotes or more to get 1%. It was at 83% before and after that vote, and since then it has had two more upvotes, which each gave 1% to put me at 85%.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:12pm | Report
I'm not positive but I thought around the mid 80's range it starts taking 2 upvotes to get +1% when below 20 votes.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:24pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I'm not positive but I thought around the mid 80's range it starts taking 2 upvotes to get +1% when below 20 votes.

Oh, I assumed it was the amount of votes it had that decreased the effectiveness of one vote and not the percentage. This is possible I suppose, but it doesn't explain why the next two votes still raised the percentage by one each.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:28pm | Report
The way the system works is pretty confusing but it is usually at around 80% with only upvotes that upvotes start giving <1%. It's possible the other two votes appeared to give 1% because of rounding up.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 19, 2013 10:40pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

The way the system works is pretty confusing but it is usually at around 80% with only upvotes that upvotes start giving <1%. It's possible the other two votes appeared to give 1% because of rounding up.

Oh ok then, well thanks to both of you for replying so quickly! Really helpful as I was kinda starting to worry that maybe the entire thing was going to be glitchy from now on and its good to know there isn't any problems. Thanks again!

You need to log in before commenting.