Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Bang for my Buck

Creator: CRANMERJS October 11, 2011 6:49am
1 2
CRANMERJS
<Member>
CRANMERJS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 6:49am | Report
hello peeps

I started playing LoL not to long ago, im at lvl 20 and ive saved up around 7K IP and i was just wondering who in your opinion is the best champ for the points?

ive taken a liking to Vayne as i tried her out in the free rotation last week so id be looking for a ranged champ.
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 7:13am | Report
Purchase someone you've tried before and like. You can buy the most op champ there is but it might not be for you. The only time it matters is in high elo.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 10:35am | Report
Vayne is pretty strong and fun. If you like her you could buy her. At the very least I would suggest never buying a champ before you play them, because they might not suit your playstyle.

However, since you're level 20, you can start buying your rune library which will serve you throughout your LoL career. I would suggest buying runes over champs at this point as you're going to want them ASAP. Here's a guide to rune with suggestions on which runes to buy that will work for the most champs: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255

Look at the rune ranks section to get a quick rundown of which ones the guide writer considers "best."
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 5:40pm | Report
CRANMERJS
<Member>
CRANMERJS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 6:19am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Vayne is pretty strong and fun. If you like her you could buy her. At the very least I would suggest never buying a champ before you play them, because they might not suit your playstyle.

However, since you're level 20, you can start buying your rune library which will serve you throughout your LoL career. I would suggest buying runes over champs at this point as you're going to want them ASAP. Here's a guide to rune with suggestions on which runes to buy that will work for the most champs: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255

Look at the rune ranks section to get a quick rundown of which ones the guide writer considers "best."

Thanks for that, i have followed your advice. :) It seems to make more sense than blowing 6k on a single champ when i can spend it on runes that will benefit the majority of my champs.
Resniperowl
<Member>
Resniperowl's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Level 20?

You should start buiy runes.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 2:31pm | Report
Ryze and Ashe are cheap and good.

Ashe is hard to play well, Ryze is easy. :)
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 4:55pm | Report
I would suggest you keep playing the free champs till you find your niche then dive into buying a champion =).
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 7:37pm | Report
As already said, check into the guides that allow you to better understand the game and help you make decisions. You also do NOT want to buy champions before trying them. If you think you like a champion, play them again and again as long as they are free. And don't forget to try everyone. There could always be somebody that you like better.

I personally would suggest going for the champions that can fulfill multiple roles (Tank, Melee Carry, Ranged Carry, AP Carry, Off-tank, Support, Jungler, Bruiser). That way you can adjust to the game as necessary.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
abzilla
<Member>
abzilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:50pm | Report
I agree with animorte. Also, as you just got to 20 I would assume you didn't get to try out that many heroes. Wait until 30. I know it:s a long time but yo dont want to buy someone now then find someone better later (im going through that now :( ). So thats my recommendation, keep trying everyone till level 30. Also when you're buying runes just make sure you dont get them for one type of hero. For red it's almost always either magic pen or armor pen. Blue usually magic resist of cool down reduction. yellow (at least for me) i went with dodge and health. This set up covers almost all heroes. :) hope this helped!

Click +Rep if you thought I was helpful please! Also check out my Ryze build!
I will Ryze to the occasion... hur hur
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide