Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ashe

Creator: m0onknight March 21, 2013 2:45pm
7 posts - page 1 of 1
m0onknight
<Member>
m0onknight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 2:45pm | Report
Hey everyone! I am new to the forum and kind of new to lol. I have enjoyed this website and this forum, there is a lot of great information on here but now I have a question.

I have tried quite a few champions and have bought a few as well. My favourite by far (And the one I do beter with) is Ashe. My problem is I feel like I should branch out, she doesn't seem to be a popular pick and I wonder if learning her is going to be a waste of time, if she's not good enough for ranked play. I really want to become good at this game, get back into the clan scene that I enjoyed so much in my FPS days but for that I feel like I need a better champion, is that right or am I just being ******ed?

If it is right I would like to find a tanky dps type, maybe an energy user? I don't know. I just want to learn a champion that will be useful throughout my days playing this game.

Thanks in advance for reading my wall of text!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 2:57pm | Report
Honestly, if you aren't at least passingly familiar with all the champions already, just play everyone who's free every week until you know them all. During this, you'll almost assuredly find some that you like, as well. And really, don't worry too much about which champion you're using until you're at least level 30 (which I assume you aren't yet); before the mid 20's, a lot of players aren't even aware of the meta, and a whole lot of nearly-anything goes.

Ashe isn't the strongest pick, due to her lack of strong steroids or a good escape, but she does bring consistent CC to a team and a strong initiation in her ultimate. I believe she's a solid tier 2 ADC (don't quote me on that) and she's certainly not worth avoiding if you're good with her.

If you want another ADC with more mobility and an ult similar to Ashe's, try Ezreal. He's always been a strong ADC, although he can be more difficult to use to full effect.

If you want to try branching out into something Totally DifferentTM, Darius is both hilariously strong (if your opponents don't know how to handle him) and fairly easy to play.

And really, that isn't a wall of text. Neither is this. Walls are significantly larger and denser.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 3:05pm | Report
Caitlyn is a strong pick, in my opinion. She's got good range and a little bit of lane control. And I haven't seen many Urgots lately either...he's an anti-carry. Kog'Maw is fun, but you really have to know how to play him.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Well this meta tends to favor aggressiveness and early plays.

If you enjoy Ashe and AD carry characters in general, I suggest Varus, they have similar kits but he trades Ashe's higher utility for more burst and sustained damage.

Hope this helps :3
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 3:15pm | Report
Honestly Ashe is fine, she just doesn't favour solo queue play because she's really reliant on her team following up and peeling for her and she's generally bad at making early plays.

If you like Ashe you could try Ezreal, Caitlyn, Draven, other AD carries.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 3:19pm | Report
first off, it is not ******ed that you think you should branch out..but at the same time you don't HAVE to branch out depending on how long you have played. if you are good with ashe than keep playing her until you are very comfortable with how things play out...how roles are played...what your role is...last hitting...etc....get some IP with her.

second off, I feel like I have said this too many times....play the free champs each week...every free champ (not just the pretty ones). you may like adc now with Ashe but what if you play Malphite top when he is free and fall in love with him and find you do well...maybe you start playing top. don't set your mind on a particular role and only look at those champs until you are high level, have a certain propensity for a role, and are looking to get into the ranking system. I started LoL thinking I was only going to play mid because I liked a few champs...now I find that i love jungle and support.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

m0onknight
<Member>
m0onknight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 5:16pm | Report
Thanks for all the replies! I wasn't expecting so many in such a short period of time.

I'll give some of your suggestions a try, I'll probably just get Ezreal or Caitlyn (Draven looks pretty cool too.. too many choices!) for now and focus on playing the free champs (Which I do!). I've just gotten back into the game because of some friends so I've only been playing this week's rotation. I'll use that to branch out into other roles, I'll just have to be patient.

Maybe I'm just used to small and paper thin walls ;).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide