Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Level 12 EU Player Looking to make that step up...

Creator: Marrakoosh February 22, 2011 3:38am
Marrakoosh
<Member>
Marrakoosh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2011 3:38am | Report
Hello!

As the title says, I'm a level 12 player who plays on the EU servers (at least they're labelled EU, performance-wise they might as well be based in deepest Africa...)

I don't think I'm a bad player currently. I try to last-hit, I buy pots and wards. I try very hard not to feed early on, but I'm not afraid to harass and poke where needed. In solo games with or against average players I will certainly stand out, but against the better players I find myself being schooled a bit.

I usually play Zilean, but I'm also trying out this Support-Carry build I've seen for Gangplank which I really like and suits my playstyle quite well - I've also been known to pull-out a mean Jax once in a while. I think I'm relatively good when it comes to item builds, etc. Whether I'm going down an AP or CDR route with Zil or the dodge route for old Jaxinator.

Generally I like support characters though; though am comfortable to build for solo laning if needed.

I'm looking to just try and move to the next level of playing so that in solo games I'm a bit more knowledgable and I'm more consistent in these games.

I do play with 4 other guys, all of whom are lvl 30 but aren't really into helping and just want to make themselves better - they're new lvl 30's.

I played DotA back in it's heyday a few times, usually when my counterstrike clan got bored of PCW's for the night or something.

Any offers of help/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,
Marrakoosh
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2011 7:39pm | Report
Depends specifically what fields you think you lack in in regards to what champion you play. Are you looking to be able to play AD carries? Etc.

Marrakoosh
<Member>
Marrakoosh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 8:25am | Report
I don't know I guess.

I think I simply lack the ability to adapt to playstyles. Probably through sheer lack of recognition when an opponent is playing one way or another - and that I am not sure how best to counter-act that.

Perhaps it comes through experience alone, but I'm sure there are tips I could be given if playing with someone who recognises those signs.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 8:34am | Report
Maybe this could help you?

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gameguide/145-delepitore-s-comprehensive-guide-improvement-101.xhtml

I play on US though I do have an EU account, if you ever get in vent and I am there (even if I'm in AFK channel) pop a private chat and ask if I can play... I will try to help. I know Zilean very well and I see he's your avatar.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide