Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Newish player, struggling.

Creator: Riacin September 13, 2013 11:40pm
Riacin
<Member>
Riacin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2013 11:40pm | Report
Hey all,

I've been playing LoL for about 2 months or so now, maybe closer to 3, but of late I find that now I'm towards level 30 I am struggling something crazy in some games lately. Now I play predominately Mid lane because that's where I play strongest, but given in randoms there's usually 4 people fighting for it, I usually go to another lane.

My issues are this:
1. If I play mid, I can be winning my lane or at least not losing my lane, and then get punted by a champion from another lane that's been fed, or at last forced to leave lane putting me at a disadvantage.
2. Playing other lanes some games I am just being outplayed, may only be just but given how hard some champions snowball it can only take one kill and my lane is gonna be a hard time. Probably something I struggle with here is getting back into a game when I'm down and out.

If you need more info let me know, would love some advice!

Riacin
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 1:33am | Report
what level are you?

welcome to LoL....other lanes will feed...my advice is that if you are winning mid to roam and help other lanes.

if you start losing your lane (say top or bot since you said you are a good mid) step back and stop trading as much...let the lane push a bit and try to farm closer to tower...get as much farm as you can and if an opening presents itself move in...or wait for a gank from another lane/jungle. worst thing you can do is get behind and be offensive..you will feed...than the person you feed will likely carry their team.

for most people level 30 hits hard because you go from people who have played very little to people like myself who have played considerably more games than yourself...but we will get matched because we are both lvl 30 and unranked.

also...if you really want to get better:

A) watch pro streams to see how each lane should work most effectively. if you can find a diamond person who plays mid...watch them...aka watch a high ranked player who mains the lane you want to play better.

B) team up with a couple friends who have more experience than you and can help you along and teach the ways of the force...aka i main support but i wanted to try adc so i let my buddy who mains adc...support me...so he can tell me what i am doing right or wrong.

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 2:16am | Report
1. If you get advantage, ROAM. ROAM the hell out of the enemy team.

2. If you are outplayed, play safe. Ask for jungler's help.
Riacin
<Member>
Riacin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 11:07pm | Report

what level are you?

welcome to LoL....other lanes will feed...my advice is that if you are winning mid to roam and help other lanes.

if you start losing your lane (say top or bot since you said you are a good mid) step back and stop trading as much...let the lane push a bit and try to farm closer to tower...get as much farm as you can and if an opening presents itself move in...or wait for a gank from another lane/jungle. worst thing you can do is get behind and be offensive..you will feed...than the person you feed will likely carry their team.

for most people level 30 hits hard because you go from people who have played very little to people like myself who have played considerably more games than yourself...but we will get matched because we are both lvl 30 and unranked.

also...if you really want to get better:

A) watch pro streams to see how each lane should work most effectively. if you can find a diamond person who plays mid...watch them...aka watch a high ranked player who mains the lane you want to play better.

B) team up with a couple friends who have more experience than you and can help you along and teach the ways of the force...aka i main support but i wanted to try adc so i let my buddy who mains adc...support me...so he can tell me what i am doing right or wrong.

Thanks for the reply, I am currently level 29 about to hit 30, but I have been grouped with friends who have recently hit 30, and you are right I have noticed a skill jump between the two.

I guess I feel one of my main problems is that I get frustrated having to play passive and I lose most trades because I engage at poor times, I know that I should just bide my time and wait for a sure oopportunity and farm in the mean time, but as soon as Im in game I see red and just want to murder my lane opponent haha. I guess learning by watching streams and in general grinding it out for practice will be the way to go.

Thanks again for the advice!

Riacin
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 8:33pm | Report
Riacin wrote:

I guess I feel one of my main problems is that I get frustrated having to play passive and I lose most trades because I engage at poor times, I know that I should just bide my time and wait for a sure oopportunity and farm in the mean time, but as soon as Im in game I see red and just want to murder my lane opponent haha. I guess learning by watching streams and in general grinding it out for practice will be the way to go.

this is a problem for most people including myself. you will correct it with time and practice. glad i could help :)

good luck!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

gero yamaza
<Member>
gero yamaza's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2013 12:25am | Report
Hey Riacian,

You still having troubles? If you would like, I could help teach you a thing or two through some mentoring if you would like. I've helped many before and I just got back from a break from the game, but am more than willing to extend my knowledge of the game to a fellow enthusiast of league :)

Inbox me if you would like to get something lined up.

Best of luck,

- Sanity Complex
Thank you Arcana for the Signatures!
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it." - Sanity Complex
Now offering mentoring on the following:Jungling/Tanking/Solo Top/AP Mid.
Recently added to training offer:Champion specific training (How to play and how to build).
For more information on how to obtain lessons and times, visit my mentoring forum.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide