Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rune Purchases

Creator: capi December 28, 2010 9:38am
5 posts - page 1 of 1
capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 9:38am | Report
So, I am level 23, almost 24 and I had saved up all my IP for tier 3 runes. When I hit level 20, I bought my runes for jungling and also for laning w/ MF. Anyway, I only bought enough for the slots I have available. I now I have 1000 IP, and I'm looking to make a rune page for my tank (Shen). I have my other 2 pages filled (meaning no empty slots until I level up) and wasn't sure if I should use the 1k IP to start my tank page, or purchase the runes for the champs I have been playing regularly (jungling and MF) even if I don't have access to that rune slot (meaning, I have 6 Mark slots filled and available, but buy 3 more for later use when I hit level 30).

Thanks!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 9:47am | Report
Well it really depends on what you do. If you don't have a tank yet you're starting a tank page, go buy a tank first and then fill up that rune page. But it's really just user preference.

capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 9:55am | Report
Well, after being forced by a friend to play a tank, I grabbed Shen. So now I have played him once or twice without Runes, and like him, so not sure if I should start to purchase Runes for his page since there are empty slots, or just finish buying the ones for my jungling and laning pages that have no empty slots but I still have 7 levels to go to finish them.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 10:27am | Report
Well, what do you find yourself playing more often? Just go by that I suppose.

capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 1:40pm | Report
Ok, just wasn't sure if the norm is to just buy 9 of every rune you use on each page even if your unable to "equip" them.

I guess in the meantime I can use my jungling armor seals and CDR on Shen; I have no marks that would benefit him though.

Thanks for the responses Bwong. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide