Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Starting Jungling

Creator: samukobo December 26, 2013 8:41am
6 posts - page 1 of 1
samukobo
<Member>
samukobo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 8:41am | Report
When jungling at level 1, a person must usually start at the red or blue buff holding neutrals through leashing - usually going for 1 buff first, wolves or wraiths depending on which buff you went for, and then the other camp with the buff, with some ganks in between if needed.

My question is which buff to start from, and the criteria for which to start with - does it depend on the side (blue or purple)? Or does it depend solely on the champion him/her/itself, as some would benefit from one buff more than the other?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 11:24am | Report
As far as I know, from my plat level jungling, it's champion dependent. I'll usually start blue buff, but manaless junglers will usually start red. You can also start the buff closer to your bot lane, since they have stronger leashing power.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

c4sobe
<Member>
c4sobe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 3:09am | Report
It depends on the champion and your play style. If your champion is mana-less like Luigignaf just said, you'll definitely want to start red. Also if your play style is conservative on mana, you likely won't have mana problems and can start red as well. Otherwise, you'll pretty much ALWAYS want to start blue.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 1:18pm | Report
Also be aware that the enemy will look at your champion and can pretty much tell which buff you're going for, so watch for invades on the other buff.
ApexSpartanHD
<Member>
ApexSpartanHD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 10:50pm | Report
samukobo wrote:

When jungling at level 1, a person must usually start at the red or blue buff holding neutrals through leashing - usually going for 1 buff first, wolves or wraiths depending on which buff you went for, and then the other camp with the buff, with some ganks in between if needed.

My question is which buff to start from, and the criteria for which to start with - does it depend on the side (blue or purple)? Or does it depend solely on the champion him/her/itself, as some would benefit from one buff more than the other?

I think it all depends on the champions. I only started jungling not too long ago, but I'm getting the drift of it. When I play a champion with mana, I go for the blue buff and when I play a champion that doesn't need mana like Shyvana or Rengar (there is more of them), I go for the red buff.^^

Just depends on what champion you are playing.
ThatDude
<Member>
ThatDude's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2014 6:21am | Report
The standart route is usually to start with either red or blue then do wolves and then the other buff.

Any hero can do that regardless of his spellsource.

So the decission depends kinda on what matchups are on either top or bottom lane.
You job is to either negate the power spike the opponents matchups have over your allies.

e.g. bottom lane is a premade Lucian/Thresh(allies) vs. soraka/caitlyn(opponents)
and toplane is Singed(ally) vs Riven (opponent).

Matchupwise your botlane should be fine, but singed realy falls victim to riven in early levels.
But if he knows what hes doing, he can realy wreck havoc to the toplane post lvl 6.
Therefore you start at your rotation in the direction, that you can assist your singed with a lvl 3 gank, to bully the riven away.

from then on it's situational.

I would recommend you to watch nightblue3's stream, in my opinion he is best mentor one could ask for. And i felt like 3 times the jungler i already was, even though I had a decent knowledge of how to jungle before.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide