Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tips for Twisted Fate.

Creator: KageBakura June 24, 2013 4:41pm
KageBakura
<Member>
KageBakura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 4:41pm | Report
I'm a relatively new player (lvl 7 currently), and got very interested with TF because of my fascination with Cards/Card games. I've been playing him a lot recently in 3v3, both PVP and Vs AI. and I seem to be doing pretty well (I actually do WAY better in pvp). I checked out the Champion Spotlight on him, as well as a couple of the higher rated guides for him here (I really liked Oxide's guide). I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with some pointers for what they think TF really excels at, tips on how to play him, but mostly a lot of the basics of the game, movement, priorities etc. This is my first time in a LoL community, and I hope to be able to start playing Ranked once I grind my way up to lvl 30.

Any tips or redirections to things I should read would be greatly appreciated.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 5:37pm | Report
Well, step one, don't play ranked as soon as you reach lvl thirty. The general rule of thumb is to play after having at leash 250 normal wins under your belt. There are some other requirements, but i think this one is most important.

General advice for the game is to try all of the free champs on free week. This helps you to understand what each champ is capable of. The example I have heard before (it may be from jhoi, but i could be entirely wrong) is caitlyns Q. Sure you can know she has a delay on the casting. But until you actually play her and feel that delay you wont really know how it affects her play and laning. At lvl 7 you don't really experience much of the META, or even a normal game. These games are all for getting a feel for the game and learning general strategies.

Now for tf specifically, what really makes him is his global ult. He doesn't have a dominant laning phase, but the pressure he puts on all of the other lanes is tremendous. Use that ult to punish enemies for pushing too far in the other lanes. Use it when your team starts fighting to tip the scales in your favor.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 9:17pm | Report
TF is much stronger in 5v5 due to his high roam potential. I usually rush a Lichbane on him, then go into Void Staff (picking up Sorc Shoes as needed), before getting a Twin Shadows. The trick with TF is he's all about farming with Q+Blue cards and then skrimishing by gold carding, dropping whatever damage you have, then backing off. Movespeed is essential on TF, as he has no natural gapcloser despite being a gank oriented champion. Use your ultimate whenever you have the opportunity to gank top or bot lane. But you're low enough level that you should just play and learn the game naturally.
KageBakura
<Member>
KageBakura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 10:23am | Report
Awesome, thanks guys. Playing other champions is a good idea to see how they play, and I seem to have a decent feel for TF right now, so I might start champ jumping while I level.
A Little Laura
<Member>
A Little Laura's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 11:02am | Report
Some of this information probably has already been said above.

Twisted Fate is a pretty strong champion currently, simply because of the power his ultimate gives him. His ult gives him the ability the roam across the map easily, picking up kills in every lane while assisting your teammates. There are lots of guides that you can check out for TF, which you seem to be doing.

It can also be helpful to watch streams of high elo/professional players playing. There are videos of tournaments with commentary that can help you improve your gameplay as well. Of course, YouTube videos are always there, and you can learn some useful tips and tricks from any of those sources. There are some great videos of TF plays out there, such as Misaya demonstrating a trick with Zhonya's Hourglass (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mfCK1HEjw) and a "recreation" of it by someone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvXb0q6cIo). Just keep practicing and you'll improve tons. Good luck!
tom258
<Member>
tom258's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:42am | Report
I'm vietnamese, and my english is not good, but i want contribution, you can farm very good with Blue Card + Q, mana is not limited, and with Gold Card + Q+ Lich Bane, you are good dame, you can kill ADC or APC enemy only with 1 combo, but pick Gold Card in combat is difficult, you must train and learn form communities.
I very like TF, he is so handsome :))
Can anyone correct for me? both my words and grammar are bad!
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 7:15pm | Report
haha you enjoyed oxides guide? xD

gotta tell him that

b2t: get an early lichbane/zhonyas depending on the matcup, then get the other. That seems to be the best course of action (at least at higher lvls of play)

Before you start playing ranked, get accustomed to EVERY ABILITY IN THE GAME (sounds like alot but gets easy as you keep playing).
Stick with your favorite champion and get rly good at him (watch streams etc)

As soon as you know why things work and why others dont and you can apply that knowledge in game, i think you are set to go for rankeds.

TF is amazing, probably the best midlaner to carry soloqueue right now.

go for it

greez, strawhatbro
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide