Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who should i play as..?

Creator: Aviddeath February 20, 2013 4:00pm
Aviddeath
<Member>
Aviddeath's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 4:00pm | Report
So as the title states, I want to know who to play as. I've mainly been playing as Master Yi, or Sivir. I really enjoy their play styles, and ive been using the builds from here. But before i started playing this (about a week ago) I watched a fair share of games online, but never noticed Master Yi being played. So i guess i have two questions... Is Master Yi going to be a good player to play as, as i progress through the game? And if not, who should i play as since im used to Master Yi?
boythinks
<Member>
boythinks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 6:34pm | Report
i would suggest playing all the free champs each week and trying different roles.. you might find all kinds of champs that you enjoy.

right now master Yi isnt used much in pro games i guess but that does not necessarily mean he is bad..

but seriously try all the free champs.. thats how i decide on who to buy.
Aviddeath
<Member>
Aviddeath's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 8:45pm | Report
Alright, ill try that out. That's actually how i got stuck on Master Yi.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 3:20am | Report
I try... then i fail... then reported... then play again.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 6:10am | Report
I've seen some people suggest you try starting with Sivir because it forces you to learn how to use skill shots. However, I think Yi would make the game more fun for you in the short term.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 8:53am | Report
boythinks wrote:

i would suggest playing all the free champs each week and trying different roles.. you might find all kinds of champs that you enjoy.

right now master Yi isnt used much in pro games i guess but that does not necessarily mean he is bad..

but seriously try all the free champs.. thats how i decide on who to buy.

This is good advice. I remember when I first started I thought I would like all these champs that looked cool and were tanky (because I love playing the tank in mmorpg's). After trying the free champs each week for numerous weeks I have found that most of them I thought I would love I don't like and many I thought I wouldn't like I play very often. That's why I tend to tell people to try before you buy.

I would say both Sivir and Master Yi are good champs but I feel like sivir is more situational than Yi. I feel like a good Yi is harder to counter than Sivir is and has more overall utility.

For future play though again I would play the free champs and feel out what roll you like most: apc, adc, support, tank. Than you can really identify more champs that will work for you (not to say you have to stick with one roll but it is good to focus one roll and play other rolls only occasionally if you want to be really successful). Also don't worry about the pro game until you get up to the higher levels. If you just play a champ because a pro uses them you might not have much fun and leveling up will become a chore.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide