Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A rally against mass surveilance

Creator: Searz October 20, 2013 5:28am
Will you be attending?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2013 5:28am | Report
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2013 5:46am | Report
Found one of the newer southpark episode related:
http://www.southpark.nl/full-episodes/s17e01-let-go-let-gov

Thought it shows an interesting point of view (even though it is just south park :P)
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 11:56am | Report
http://thestateweekly.com/nsa-director-alexander-admits-he-lied-about-phone-surveillance-stopping-54-terror-plots/

So, the director of the NSA now admits to lying about his previous statements when pointed out by a senator in Vermont.
He stated that 54 terror-plots were stopped as a result of mass surveillance.
In reality only one or two suspected plots were identified as a result of mass phone surveillance.
41 of the 54 cases weren't even in the United States

And these liars are the people that have access ALL your personal data?
Not to mention that they only spend a few billion a year on this collection of data. I mean, at prices that low they can't afford not to spy on you! Never mind the impending economic crash.
You Americans are ****ed. My condolences.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 12:19pm | Report
^ thanks for the condolences. 'murica

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2013 6:02am | Report
NSA still claims to have stopped 54 terror-plots after admitting to lying about it. (described and linked two comments up from this one)
This is just beyond ******ed.

Dianne Feinstein employs every cliche she possibly could while defending NSA "Metadata Program"(surveillance program).

NSA demands that secure services give them their data (which means that these services are essentially backstabbing their customers since the service is no longer secure). Now more secure services shut down in fear of NSA demands.

Citizens' rights are nothing compared to the "rights" of companies.

The French are not pleased with what the NSA is doing. Let's hope they can get something done.

"The Real Privacy Problem"
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 10:04am | Report
Videos from the rally.

"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide