Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Emulating games on Android phones

Creator: Searz February 19, 2012 2:15pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 2:15pm | Report
This goes to prove that there actually are good gaming options for mobile devices :)

Websites:
http://www.roms4droid.com/
http://www.emuparadise.me/

Keep in mind that you'll need a high-end device to be able to play most of the N64 games. A CPU of 1GHz or above is recommended.
I'm using a Nexus S, which has a 1GHz CPU and a strong GPU.

Games work flawlessly unless otherwise mentioned. Most of the games I've only played a couple of minutes in, so they might not work flawlessly later in the game.

N64oid 2.2.1:

Plays well:
A Bug's Life (U).z64
Banjo-Kazooie (U).z64/v64
Castlevania (U) (V1.2).z64
Mario Kart 64 (U).z64
Mortal Kombat 4 (U).z64 - A very few buggy textures, but perfectly playable.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.2).z64
Paper Mario (U).z64/v64 - Had a very flickery scene, but I've only seen one so far. The rest of the game seems to work perfectly.
Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1).z64 - Plays fine, but has a few model buggs.
F-Zero X (U).z64
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (U).z64 - Works perfectly, but needs keypad instead of analogue stick (go to settings).
Mario Party 1 (U).z64 - Flickers a little, but perfectly playable.
Super Mario 64 (U).v64
Super Smash Bros. (U).z64/v64
Star Fox 64 (U).z64
The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2).v64 - A few models are seen through walls and other models, but perfectly playable.
The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Master Quest (E).z64 - A few models are seen through walls and other models, but perfectly playable.
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (U).z64 - A few models are seen through walls and other models, but perfectly playable. Framerate dips a little at times tho.
Yoshi's Story (U).z64/v64 - Plays well, but a lot of textures have small outlines that shouldn't be there.

Unplayable or close to:
1080 Snowboarding (U).z64 - Not tested, but JU version blackscreens on start of race.
Banjo-Tooie (U).z64/v64 - Crashes a lot. Never got to the playing part of the game :/
Blast Corps (U) (V1.1).z64 - Unplayable. Error on startup.
Conker's Bad Fur Day (U).z64 - Severe framerate problems (below 10FPS) and a few buggy textures. Might be playable on super high-end devices.
Disney's Donald Duck - Goin' Quackers (U).z64 - Unplayable. Blackscreens.
Donald Duck - Quack Attack (E).z64 - Unplayable. Blackscreens.
Donkey Kong 64 (U).z64 - Unplayable. Gets stuck in the intro movie sequence.
Mario Party 2 (E).n64 - Borderline unplayable. Has a lot of flickering issues and sometimes invisible textures.
Mario Party 3 (U).z64/v64 - Borderline unplayable. Has a lot of flickering issues and sometimes invisible textures.
Mario Tennis (U).z64 Barely playable. Has framerate problems and a few buggy textures.
Mario Golf (U).z64 - Environment gets black when you're aiming your shot. Moving the camera makes it visible, but only while it's still moving.
Pokemon Stadium (U).z64 - Borderline unplayable. Loads of meny textures are unviewable.
Pokemon Stadium 2 (U).z64 - Unplayable. Hangs right before battles.
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U).z64 - Unplayable. Just sound, no visuals.

GAMEBoid 2.4.7:

Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2 - The Lost Age
Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga - Sometimes crashes when battles start. Try getting "hurt" by it or something else if it keeps happening. Edit: I got to a point in the story where a story fight makes the game crash. It seems like I can't play past this part :(
Super Mario Advance
Zelda - The Minish Cap
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

^These all seem to work :o
Epic GBA emulator.

Is there any classic game I've forgotten to add to the list? Try them yourself :P
Please add the games you've gotten working that aren't on the list already.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
zomgpwnedanoob
<Member>
zomgpwnedanoob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2012 10:54am | Report
Guess i'll just load these bad boys up onto my Nokia 3310
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for the awesome sig:D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide