Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Real life Escape Rooms

Creator: Latest Legend September 8, 2014 1:13pm
9 posts - page 1 of 1
I want to do this every day
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Real life Escape Rooms! They exist! I had no idea, guess I missed the hype again. Real life nonary game pls!

Has anyone experienced some of those challenges? There aren't that much in the Netherlands but I'm really excited so I'm planning to visit one soon.

Please share your thoughts, experiences and recommendations in this thread.

Also, this is my 666th post. This is no coincidence.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 5:11pm | Report
Any more information about these o0?
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 5:13pm | Report
Sound's really cool if there was one near I would go to one

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 5:51pm | Report
Interesting. I'd like to go to one.

Where does one find these escape rooms?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 11:56am | Report
I'm still trying to find out. There's something on Wikipedia here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_Room_Escape

Small video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKJ61HF8dI

I guess it's hard to find stuff about it because the puzzles are supposed to be kept secret. I heard there was some great hype going on about this but I guess I heard wrong xD

EDIT: I first heard this in a dutch talk show called dwdd, there's supposed to be a vid with a (visual) teaser of an escape room but for some reason I can't watch it in this country(I'm in the Netherlands right now x) ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpxWFCkYj4Q
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 4:39pm | Report
I've been to a place where they had a large set of such rooms. Each room with one challenge or riddle and you had to progress between them.
It was pretty fun. Most were a bit easy tho.
Can't remember the name of the place, it was almost 10years ago now.

BoddaH1994
<Member>
BoddaH1994's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 12:14am | Report
Hey everyone,

Don't know if any of you are from the Midwest, but some Escape The Room Challenge is opening in the Cincinnati area. They have some pretty cool photos and videos on their Facebook:

www.facebook.com/escapetheroomchallenge
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 12:47am | Report
I've done that a few times here in Sweden at a place called BodaBorg. I assume it's the same thing.
It's awesome ! :D
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2015 2:44pm | Report
Revive (donthurtmepls)

A few weeks ago I finally got to go to one of these things on a trip to Berlin:
http://www.the-room-berlin.com/en/the-room

It was a great experience! I'm trying to keep this as spoiler-free as possible.

We were with a group of 4 and we booked both the rooms available (Go West and Beast of Berlin). In both you get get a small bit of context (you're in East Berlin, cold war, go to West Berlin) and get "locked" in a room. Goal: get to the end before exactly one hour runs out. Clues are hidden everywhere, and become puzzles as the search progresses. There's no real random knowledge required (except for maybe some common sense), they can be solved using logic. Brute forcing is not an option.

The thing I was most impressed by was the stunning design of the rooms. Not only do the rooms look like a small museum by their contents, there's a huge deal of technological appliances hidden, as crazy as can be found in movies and video games, basically. Even my wildest expectations were realized and then some.

In every room there's a monitor somewhere displaying the time that's left and, if you're stuck, a usually funny hint. The hints are given by someone who watches the performance using some cameras attached to the ceiling in the rooms. They can't hear you though, so it's not like you get to ask questions or anything.

You'll probably be interested in the difficulty. We went in the first room, with no expectation of what was going to happen, with four people: two motivated, one not so motivated and one motivated but thinking he'd rather not do too much because it'd be over too quickly in that case. Turns out, it didn't. We failed by like five minutes or something, after we realized halfway through that it wasn't going to end anytime soon. After a day we went for the second room, this time prepared (teamwork is essential and it's kind of hard when there's a clock ticking away), and this time we finished it with about five minutes left. We asked for the success rate of the rooms and it was about 50-50. So I'd say it's a challenge.

I really enjoyed this one. Be warned though, I hear that the rooms differ greatly per company. Like, one other company worked a lot more with scares and such (lights go off etc.) and focus a lot less on puzzle quality.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide