Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rift

Creator: caucheka June 17, 2011 5:45pm
9 posts - page 1 of 1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 5:45pm | Report
so yeah, i've recently been playing the trial all day for the last 3 days.. and i have 4 characters all at the trial's level cap (15)

does anyone else play rift? as everyone's said its basically hd wow 2.0.. if you love wow give it a try.

also, this weekend theres a sale to upgrade a trial account for 10 dollars, however the sale doesn't have a free week of play so theres no real incentive to get it over the 25 dollar pack, as its 15 a month.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 5:52pm | Report
It is amazing - I just went off MMOs, used to play it though.

Definitely better than WoW. I was a hardcore raider back when I played WoW too.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 5:57pm | Report
yeah, i'm just a little upset that races are 90% cosmetic. but still i'm having a blast.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 6:12pm | Report
Rift ****ing SUCKS HARD if you are one that can plow through content. Guild I ran with there downed Greescale about a week after he hit and downed River of souls the day it opened. WoW PvE blows, and was better than Rift.

Rift PvP is alot of fun. Make a Chloro/warlock and laugh as not a single thing can kill you. You throw out stupid damage and heal like nuts. Other classes are fun as well but its still not balanced at all.

The game looks great and is very pretty. Some stability issues with it, but its a brand new game so give them some credit.

Over all. Mediocre game that shouldnt really be hyped as much as it was.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 6:42pm | Report
but why plow through everything? i'm having a lot of fun having 15 man raids sealing rifts and invasions already.

i'm not really a pvper, but i've been told that chloromancer is a bad choice. my mage is an elementalist/warlock/archon.

i've heard a lot about how unbalanced things are but as stated im not much of a pvper so i guess it doesn't really matter much to me.

yeah they don't have much end game content but when compared to wow it should be compared to wow vanilla, as wow has had 3 expansions and rift is still just the base game.

i wasn't really looking for a new mmo as i was gonna play tor when it came out but im thinking of playing rift for a few months. since tor will be overcrowded when its first released.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 6:45pm | Report
Its hard not to plow the little content that there is. the leveling isnt long at all, the experts are a bit of a joke and then raiding is pretty simple once you understand the abilities of the bosses.

Dont listen to them, Chloro is amazing, unless they got a SERIOUS nerf since I played last...about a month or 2 ago.

I woulndt get into the game for quit some time. Only reason I was there was I got a VIP beta key Beta 1, and then 3 months free game time. After that 3 months, I was bored with the game something awful.
Skrallz
<Member>
Skrallz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 3:32pm | Report
I used to play got a character to 32. Got bored because I hate pre-cap

My Akali build is on its way :)

Xiaowiriamu
Thanks for the sig <3

Quoted:
‎"School is like a *****, it's long and hard unless your asian" - Elementz

[/center]
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 4:54pm | Report
Played rift in beta... Reminded me to mutch of wow... Got bored and never looked back :<

Guess it is a good wow clone, prob even better than WoW.

But it is just not my cup of tea...

Gw2 were are you ;<
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:17pm | Report
Its more of a The best of WoW warhammer and EQ" rolled into one. They just hyped the hell out of it, and it does have ALOT of potential to be a great game, it just lacks content and the balacing issues.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide