Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Replay Bundle 1 - Indie Royale

Creator: Searz January 8, 2013 8:12am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 8:12am | Report
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Got it for 3 euros, worth it :3
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 8:26am | Report
some time ago a friend showed me one of this packs. i still think there stealing from the people who made this games. how can they just put games so cheap and get away with it. its like as if piratebay made you pay for their torrents. they should not allow them selling other peoples games
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:21pm | Report
part of the money (which the actual amount depends on how much people want to go to the charity.) they are have the full permission of the developers and publishers (if any) to use the games in the sale.

i hardly see how this is 'stealing' just because people are getting the game cheaper.

and before we get too far into this, i'm not defending piracy but saying piracy is stealing is ******ed. you cannot steal a digital product, because there can be infinite copies of it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:14am | Report
what? so your saying that if i had a cloning machine it would be ok for me to clone everything and give it for free? "oh, new iphone, i'll just clone that and give it to everyone so apple doesn't make any money and is finished". no, patents exist so products can't be "cloned", piracy should be stopped as well.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:44pm | Report
ok. lets do a comparison.

the baker has 5 loaves of bread. the baker spent money to not only acquire the ingredients, but to also combine/cook said ingredients to make the bread. someone takes a loaf of bread, leaving the baker with 4. that is stealing, because the baker can't make any money off the missing loaf of bread, so he's missing money (since he paid for ingredients, etc..)

a programmer has an infinite amount of digital copies of a game. the programmer spent no money on actually writing the code. someone manages to get a hold of the games code, without paying. the only thing the programmer looses is a potential sale, because we have no idea if the person who obtained the copy of the game would of bought it. that is piracy, it is not stealing. the programmer is not hindered in any way, as he can always clone more copies.

am i saying that you should go out and pirate games? of course not, because the programmers are doing it to make money as a job.

second, a machine such as the way you describe would be impossible to make, since it is impossible to create matter.

and lastly, piracy can't be stopped. everyone whos tried has only hurt honest consumers. pirates will find a way.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:54pm | Report
that's not a valid analogy because in the baker example he used to money to create bread using a recipe that is public domain. In the second they used the money to create the "recipe" itself.

Here's a good example:
Samsung uses millions to create a new phone. Someone steals the plans to that phone, build the phone and give it away for free. Samsung did not lose any phone, but what they spent millions to create is now worthless.

Another example:
The teacher asks you to make a project. You make a project. Someone copies it, it's s digital document so you do not lose anything. The teacher receives both copies and fails you both. The project you spent time working on is now valued at 0 because another person copied even though you lost nothing.

Patents exist in the real world for that. You can't copy someone else's product even if you know how to make it. If you steal coke's recipe then you'll go to jail, even if they didn't lose anything physical. Intellect property has a value.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 12:16am | Report
FireLord wrote:

The teacher asks you to make a project. You make a project. Someone copies it, it's s digital document so you do not lose anything. The teacher receives both copies and fails you both. The project you spent time working on is now valued at 0 because another person copied even though you lost nothing.

Lolololo
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide