Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why LEAGUE chat restriction system is BROKEN!

Creator: Guguby August 8, 2014 3:22am
Guguby
<Member>
Guguby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 3:22am | Report
A little talk about what I, in my honest opinion, think is currently wrong with League of Legends chat restriction system and what should be fixed. Tell me what you think!

Link to video <--- CLICK

Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 3:37am | Report
People only get chat bans for being toxic. Admitting to yourself that you've been toxic is the first step. Next step, stop flaming. Chat restrictions may not be the most optimal solution, but it helps to realize you're doing something bad.

Just play games without any form of flame for the rest of your LoL-life and you won't have to make these kinds of videos anymore.

Innocent people do not get chat restricted. Source: Me.
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 3:46am | Report
I read in the LoL forums that only about 5% of the whole LoL population actually get hit by any bans or chat restrictions or any form of repercussion whatsoever.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47281695#post47281695

The system simply doesn't work because it's not actually doing anything. Of course, this new system that they're promising us will apparently make it better.

If you DID get chatbanned, then you clearly did something wrong, don't even pretend you didn't.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 4:42am | Report
sirell wrote:
I read in the LoL forums that only about 5% of the whole LoL population actually get hit by any bans or chat restrictions or any form of repercussion whatsoever.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47281695#post47281695

The system simply doesn't work because it's not actually doing anything. Of course, this new system that they're promising us will apparently make it better.

If you DID get chatbanned, then you clearly did something wrong, don't even pretend you didn't.

Actually, back when my smurf was in gold and I was stomping the **** out of everyone, an enemy Lucian got salty at the smurf he was getting stomped by and said he was reporting me for negative attitude, before I'd even said anything in all chat. Obviously I responded in all chat after that, but nothing negative. But I got chat restricted for that one report l0l. I think it was only for like 10 games though, and it even ended early when I received no further reports.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 4:45am | Report
AFAIK, it doesn't chat restrict you immediately after your game. Lyte said it took a month to implement restrictions, meaning it was probably stuff you said prior to that.

Same thing happened to my duoqueue partner. One game he didn't say ANYTHING and then after the game he got chatbanned.
Guguby
<Member>
Guguby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 5:06am | Report
Foxy Riven wrote:
People only get chat bans for being toxic.

Maybe it's true. But, like I said in video, it's not about bans themselves. I'm not complaining about chat bans. What I'm complaining is the way how they are being handled out because the way system currently works make them FEEL undeserved and confuses players. There are low clarity to how system works and the way it does makes no sense.

Foxy Riven wrote:
Innocent people do not get chat restricted. Source: Me.

Yes? And your "me source" is what statistics? Just because Riot says so does not mean it's true...

sirell wrote:

Obviously they would say that. It would be bad for public image to just come and say the real numbers or admit that it is broken. But I think it's obvious that it's not only 5%, just look all around the forums and stuff. And even if that would be only 5% of all players it's still 1.3 MILLION, the 5%. Cos community is huge. And that million what is effected by broken system.

sirell wrote:

I'm not pretending, I admit stuff. Watch my video. But that does not make my points less valid and system less broken.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 5:15am | Report
sirell wrote:
AFAIK, it doesn't chat restrict you immediately after your game. Lyte said it took a month to implement restrictions, meaning it was probably stuff you said prior to that.

Same thing happened to my duoqueue partner. One game he didn't say ANYTHING and then after the game he got chatbanned.

Well it was more like:

1. Wave of chat restrictions goes through

2. Proceeds to laugh at all my chat restricted friends

3. Few weeks later my smurf is level 30 and I'm playing ranked on it

4. Get reported in that game, receive a warning about my behaviour

5. Next time I log in I'm chat restricted

Doubt it was anything I said prior to that seeing as my smurf had only just hit 30 and all I'd recently done was bot games and going 30/5 in w/l in ranked, so I had no reason to flame or anything. My main has also never been chat restricted, so I don't think I'm what you would consider to be a toxic player.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 7:05am | Report
Guguby wrote:

I'm not pretending, I admit stuff. Watch my video. But that does not make my points less valid and system less broken.

That is why they are overhauling it. Because it doesn't work. They don't punish ENOUGH people is the problem that people are talking about, not that it bans the wrong people.

@Vapora

Then I assume you're just one of the ones the system actually picks up by accident, but since, as you say, you got released from your restriction earlier, then the system probably found you had nothing on you anyway.

Not that it matters, I've always thought chat was a relatively useless communication tool, especially since smartpings came into play and I have all my friends on Skype or TS or something already.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide