Ezreal Build Guide by Toxic Mundo
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Greetings summoners, and welcome to my Ezreal's guide. I'll be helping you to have a better understanding of Ezreal. I've been playing since the game was released and Ezreal is one of my favorite ADC champion right now, especially for climbing out the so called 'elo hell'.
I am nowhere a 'pro' but i like to help people who wants to try out Ezreal.
This guide will focus on what Ezreal is.
Well then, let's get started and i hope you learn something from this guide.
Pros / Cons
+ Deadly poke with Mystic Shot and Essence Flux
+ Arcane Shift is like an inbuilt Flash
+ Ezreal can kite all day
+ Ezreal can deal burst damage
+ He can snipe runaway enemies with his Trueshot Barrage
- Lack crowd control (CC)
- Very very squishy
- Requires to have mana control due to Ezreal being a skill user
- He gets focus, a lot.
- Usually have lower attack speed compare to other ADC (like Vayne, grave, Caitlyn, which prevent him from doing a standoff
- Requires some skill for an ADC, because you don't just right click to win
My masteries set up is a pretty standard set up. Maximizing on offense tree for maximum damage output and leftover on defense for extra survivability.
Greater Mark of Mana
Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage gives Ezreal an extra damage for early game. Helps you to last hit and also increase the damage on Mystic Shot that can be use for last hitting or harassing
- Greater Seal of Armor gives you extra armor for early game. Helps you to survive.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist gives extra magic resist to be able to withstand magic damage from enemy's support or jungler.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage extra early game damage, more damage output.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage can be replaced with Greater Mark of Armor Penetration to penetrate enemies armor but will gives you less attack damage. Same goes for Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage, it can be replaced with Greater Quintessence of Armor Penetration
- Flash allows you to escape from enemies, jump pass over wall and since you have Arcane Shift, you can do double flash. If that's not good enough, i don't know what is.
- IgniteLets you finish off enemies who got away with little Hp. It also reduce enemy's healing. Good pick if you're against a healer such as Soraka and Taric
- Mystic Shot: Ezreal primary damaging skill. This ability proc on hit effect such as Sheen and Phage which makes it even more dangerous. Another thing about this skill is that it reduced all Ezreal abilities cooldown by 1 second when it is hit. And yes, when i mean all, it also reduce its own cooldown. It also scales amazingly with your AD and a good amount with your AP
- Essence Flux: Kinda useless on AD Ezreal. It does give extra attack speed if it pass through your teammate, but mostly used for stacking Rising Spell Force.
- Arcane Shift: This what makes Ezreal to have an amazing mobility. It's an inbuilt Flash specially for Ezreal.
- Trueshot Barrage: This is what makes Ezreal a true terror. Trueshot Barrage can go from one end to the other end. This allows you to snipe escaping enemies or even deal early damage to the entire enemy team when they're grouped when a fight is about to begin. It scales both with AD and AP, that's the upside. The downside is it deals 8% less damage for each additional unit hit. So if you want to deal the most damage to an enemy, try avoiding shooting it through a wave of minions.
Bot lane Partners
This guy can help you bring the enemy to you with his Rocket Grab, knock it in the air with Power Fist and his Static Field does damage and silences enemies nearby. One of the best support in my opinion
This girl right here, is a good support to play with if you want to go aggressive in lane. 3/4 of her skills can stun the enemy, making it one of the best support ever.
Haven't seen a lot of Nami since she was released, but she's one hell of a support. She can imprison enemies with Aqua Prison, allowing you to just attack them while they do nothing. Nami can also heals with Ebb and Flow, buff and cause your attack to slow with Tidecaller's Blessing. Lastly, her ultimate, Tidal Wave, gives another CC and damage.
Probably the most badass support in this game. He can heal Imbue, increase ally armor Shatter, stun Dazzle and increase your attack damage with Radiance. You can go aggressive when laning with Taric and still able to have a sustain throughout laning phase.
One dangerous cow. Amazing crowd control due to Pulverize and Headbutt, great sustain with Triumphant Roar which is a spammable heal, and can tank like a tank should with his Unbreakable Will. They will fear you.
You can spam all of your Mystic Shot to last hit or harass all you want when you lane with Soraka. She can return the mana with Infuse(which also silence when used on enemy) and her Astral Blessing heals you and give you armor at the same time. The only reason why i didn't put it in top pick is that she lacks CC.
She can grant additional attack damage with Hymn of Valor, heal with Aria of Perseverance, give movement speed with Song of Celerity and make enemies dance with Crescendo. The reason why i didn't put it in top pick is that she's much squishier early game compare to top pick supports, making her an easy target.
Lulu is an okay pick in my opinion. She does have great CC such as Whimsy, Glitterlance and Wild Growth. She can also reveals enemies when she hit them with Help, Pix!.
A rarely seen support. Karma is underrated and people misjudged her true power. Karma is able to dish out damage while healing herself and nearby allies with Heavenly Wave. Speedbuff ally with Spirit Bond and a shield that can explode and deal damage Soul Shield. Karma lack of cc would make the enemies to still able to target you, be careful.
Provides a good CC with Howling Gale and Zephyr. She can also shield you with Eye Of The Storm and heal while pushing enemies away with Monsoon. I put her in ok pick because her sustain is only Monsoon, which is her ultimate.
This is more of a kill lane support. Lux doesn't have sustain or a strong cc. Lux only have a snare Light Binding as her cc. But she can deal burst damage with a combo of Light Binding, Lucent Singularity and finales funkeln. On top of that, with Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage, it's one hell of a burst. Oh and she can shield ally with Prismatic Barrier
Another kill lane support. Champions like Zyra and Lux were made to be a middle lane champion, so their damage output is greater compare to other support. Zyra's only cc is Grasping Roots. Stranglethorns could knock enemies airborn, but it's not instantly, so they still can walk out of Stranglethorns range before it begins to knock them up. Zyra's Rampant Growth is a free sight ward, this will allows you to see incoming ganks.
Nidalee is the same as Lux and Zyra, a usually mid/top champ that sometimes used as a support. Her Primal Surge can restore a good amount of your health. Bushwhack can be used as sight ward, it can reveal enemies that step on it, helps to see incoming jungler that might come and gank for you. Her Javelin Toss does a lot of damage when maxed, but most support Nidalee will max Primal Surge first, so don't count on Javelin Toss to do a lot of damage during laning phase. But at 6, when she gets her aspect of the couger, you can go all out since her Swipe will be at high level, and will do quite some damage.
This stage of the game can decide whether you'll be having an easy game or will be one tough game. This is the reason why you'll want an early game dominance. Have control of your lane, play smart, be aggressive, and don't forget to look at map once in a while for missing enemies. During this stage, you'll want to :
- Farm, last hit those creeps, don't auto attack them because you don't want to push the lane
- Never overextend.
- Keep the minions in the middle of the lane, or better yet, freeze the lane in front of your tower.
- Zone out the enemies so they can't farm
- Watch for ganks
- Call mias.
- Harass the enemies when they try to last hit or just simply in range with Mystic Shot or auto attacks
- Buy one or two sight ward if you have extra gold. Yes, it's a support job to get it but helping them once in a while won't kill you.
This is the stage of the game where small fights will begin to starts. Some lanes will already destroy their tower, some haven't. Some people will still pushing lanes, some will go around farming everything they can find. Starting on from this stage of the game, you should never travel alone, have your support come with you or anyone else, just never alone.
The priorities during mid games are:
- Team fights
When pushing a lane, make sure there are sight ward covering the path to the lane, so you know when an enemy is coming at you. When to push:
- You see 3 or more enemies at other lanes. Example: 3 enemies are at top, you can push the mid or better yet, bottom lane with at least 2 people. So if the rest of the enemy shows up, you'll have a fair fight or even a fight with more advantage.
- You're with your entire team. When you do this, make sure Dragon and Baron is warded so they won't try anything funny.
Grab red whenever it's possible, this will help you to deal more damage and kite better
This is where you will shine, where you determine where the game is heading, where you decide between winning and losing. Never, ever, go alone to an area that is not warded. A good support will have their jungle and enemies jungle warded at the crucial point, going alone will allow the enemy to catch you, slaughter you and making it a 4vs5 fight for your team.
Your main target during fights are:
- AD/AP carries
This part of the game decides between a good and a bad AD carries. Remember, to stay at the back of your team, use Mystic Shot and auto attacks. Only attacks enemies close to you, never goes in with your Arcane Shift just so you can attack their carries. If you do this, you will give your positioning, which means you're vulnerable to cc and eventually deals less damage in the fight because you die first. Remember, Ezreal can kite the enemies away, so if you see their tanks like Singed or Shen coming at you, Mystic Shot for Phage proc, Arcane Shift away if they're getting closer. It'll be more likely that they go back since they're leaving their team open for our tanks to go in.
Ezreal is not like most AD carries. He doesn't rely on attack speed, instead he rely on Mystic Shot and the Sheen procs that Trinity Force provides.
Ezreal requires skill to play since you can't just right click an enemy to kill it. You must use all Ezreal's skills in order to kill them. It will require some play time and dedication to master Ezreal, to know when to use aracane shift and to know how to position yourself during fights.
I made this guide because i just like Ezreal and i wanted to share my knowledge with you all. If you like this guide, i would appreciate it if you leave a comment on what to improve, or what you want to see more. If you dislike it, tell me why and what can i do to make it better.
I hope you enjoyed reading this guide as much i enjoyed making it.
I would like thanks jhoijhoi for her guide on how to make a guide and for the wonderful line separators.
LoL Wikia for the info on Armor penetration and Armor reduction