Shaco Build Guide by McDonaldsSuck
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Before We Begin
This guide was orginally made by Simmoexd, my former account. I decided to remake it on a new account thanks to ******ed trollvoters, I hope you understand that I didn't steal his work, it's actually me who moved it and slightly changed it. I hope that your vote is true an honest and doesn't just wan't to destroy me, again.
That's all for me!
Hello there and welcome to my Shaco build guide. In this guide i will show you everything you need to know to be a successful Shaco player.
It's great to see you around here and I'd be so happy if you'd take your time and read the full guide instead of just looking on the top stuff. A lot of time, work and effort was put into the making of this guide, i sat for hours and hours and wrote on this guide, and finally I got to see the full picture of my creation! I hope that you like my guide, and if you do it would be really nice of you to comment and/or thumbs up my guide. And if you decide to dislike my guide I'd like you to write a comment in the section below saying why you voted down, who knows maybe I'll like what u say and change my guide a bit and maybe you can give me a thumbs up? :) I'm open for all constructive criticism and suggestions.
Now, let's jump into the next chapter, which involves Pros/Cons.
Pros / Cons
+ Fun to play
+ Very good 1vs1
+ Free sight wards
+ Crazy damage output
+ Fast jungler
- Pretty squishy
- Can't contribute a lot in team fights
- Relatively hard champion
- Takes some time to master
- Can be encountered with oracles
- Easily counter-jungled
Summoner's Wrath Boosts many of your Summoner Spells
Brute Force Increases your attack damage by 3 for the early game harassment.
Alacrity Gives more attack speed which makes me clear the jungle faster, Alacrity also increases your chances of getting lasthits on minions since you attack more often with lower "cooldown" on your basic attacks.
Deadliness Gives 4% Critical Strike for the early game harassment.
Weapon Expertise Gives you 10% increased Armor Penetration, works great in synergy with your Marks.
Lethality Gives you extra CRITICAL STRIKE DAMAGE and is not equal to CRITICAL CHANCE. Lethality Increases your damage you do on crits, just like Infinity Edge but 1/5 of that extra damage. I only take this because there is noting else good to get in my opinion.
Vampirism Gives you 3% lifesteal which is great in many different ways, although it's not that much but it gives you a little bit more lane/jungle sustain so you can remain there longer for more gold and experience.
Sunder Gives you +6 Armor Penetration which is great and works great with Weapon Expertise .
Executioner Increases your damage done to low hp foes.
Some people like to take 1 point form either the offensive or the utility tree for the improved Smite. And I think that's incredibly stupid because you'll have to sacrifice the increased buff duration which is pretty necessary as a good jungler. So for the ones out there who want the improved Smite DON'T! Never ever ever get it because it only grants 10 extra gold per use, think at it like this, maybe your in a 1vs1 fight. He kills you but he has 5 hp left and you didn't get the increased buff duration so your red buff just ran out and you did not earn 300g for a kill, instead you wanted those pesky little 10 gold coins you so desperately wanted.
CONCLUSION: Don't get improved Smite.
Good Hands Reduces the time spent dead by 10%
Expanded Mind Gives you +4 mana per level, i only get this because there is nothing else good to get.
Swiftness Gives you an extra 2% moving speed which gives you just a little bit more mobility around the map and makes it a bit easier to catch up to your enemies.
Runic Affinity Increases all friendly buffs duration by 20%, This is what we want to get in the utility tree, this is why we build an utility tree instead of an defensive tree as a jungler.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Health
Greater Mark of Attack Damage I choose these marks because they almost allow me to clear the jungle faster because they grant more attack damage and it also makes my [[decieve)) crit more.
Greater Seal of Armor I choose these seals because they give me and good amount of armor at the low levels so i don't get to easily picked down in fights against AD champions.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist I choose these glyph for the same reasons as the Greater Seal of Armor but these are for protection against AP champions at the lower levels.
Greater Quintessence of Health these Quints gives me totally 78 points of health which is quite impressive, almost as much as a Doran's item. It gives a lot of early game sustain and you feel a bit more safe while jungling.
Viable Summoner Spells
|ace||Smite is a good source of damage to the creeps at the lower levels. Some people like to stack more Jack In The Boxes and jungle without Smite. But i don't think that's a such a good idea. First of all: You jungle slower. Second: It's harder to steal the enemies buffs. And last but absolutely not least: You can't secure Baron and Dragon as easy.|
|ace||Exhaust is one of my favorite summoner spells in the entire game! It slows down your enemy drastically and makes their attacks do less damage. Also it's great in teamfights to disable champions like Tryndamere or Xin Zhao. This is the summoner I usually i use with Shaco because if an enemy has overextended you can easily take them down.|
|ace||Ghost is also a very good summoner spell on Shaco. With Ghost and Deceive none will get away, not even Rammus or Master Yi! This is a great spell for getting out of trouble or chasing someone down. It can also be used to get to teamfights or such things in no-time! Just like Exhaust it's a great spell for Shaco.|
|ace||Cleanse is also a pretty viable spell on Shaco because it removes all crowd-control effects like slows, snares and stun etc. It also reduces the duration of the next crowd-control effects by 65% for 3 seconds. It's a good summoner spell but if you don't want to sacrifice one summoner spell space then get either a Quicksilver Sash or a Banshee's Veil.|
|spaaaaaaace||Beginner Shaco||spaaaaaaaaace||Intermediate Shaco||spaaaaaaaace||Expert Shaco|
Less Viable Summoner Spells
|ace||Flash is one of the best and most used summoner spells. It teleports you to your cursors current location. It's great for catching up, running away, jumping over walls and positioning. I just don't think it's that viable on Shaco simply because he has already got Deceive which is better than Flash because it's also got an automatic critical strike and stealth.|
Backstab is Shacos passive ability. If Shaco hits an enemy in the back his attacks deal 20% more damage. Very useful to finish off an low health enemy who is running away from you.
- When using Deceive try to hit your enemies in the back for bonus damage, it does a lot of difference and could be the meaning of life or death.
- Whilst jungling try to place a jack in the box behind the creep so you can hit it in the back for extra damage and faster jungling times.
- When farming, try to hit the minions in the back for more minion lasthits and gold, just like in the jungle.
Deceive (Q) is your first ability, your main source of damage. It teleports you to your cursors current location and you become invisible for 3.5 seconds, and if you crit during the stealth you will automatically crit and become visible again.
You're going to want to max out Deceive before Two-Shiv Poison and before Jack In The Box. Getting Hallucinate whenever you can.
- When ganking, try to stand in the bush waiting for an opening and use Deceive and hit them in the back, follow up with Two-Shiv Poison and basic attacks.
- When killing dragon, hit it, use Hallucinate, place a Jack In The Box and use Deceive to lose aggro from dragon.
- When fleeing, run in one direction and then Deceive over the chasers and run in the opposite direction of them. Almost no one thinks of that. And if they run in the same direction as you, try to switch direction or run into a brush, then place a Jack In The Box in front of you as you are running.
Jack in the box (W) is what defines Shaco. Basically Shaco creates a Jack In The Box at the target location. It will stealth after 2 seconds, and pop out when an enemy comes near, fearing nearby enemies and attacking them.
It deals an amount of magic damage based on the skill's level, it lasts 90 seconds while stealthed or 5 seconds while firing. Casting Jack In The Box will break your stealth.
You're going to want to max out Jack In The Box last of all Abilities.
- When you are running from an enemy, place a Jack In The Box in front of you at it's max range. Then keep running that direction and then the enemy will eventually run into it and get feared or have to take a detour to avoid it, either way you'll come out alive. Observe, if your enemies are to close to you try to Deceive before placing the Jack In The Box for higher success rate.
- Jack In The Box works like a ward, but don't have the same viewing range and it doesn't stay up for as long, but it's got a great fear, which works great when you put it in the small brush at either baron or dragon so you can see when your enemies are coming to interrupt you.
- Whilst in a 1vs1 place down a Jack In The Box to increase your chances of winning the fight. Because during the approx. 1 sec fear you could do a lot of damage, or if your low on health, Deceive away.
Two-Shiv Poison (E) is your spell you use for slowing people and partly blinding them causing them to miss. It's a great spell to slow down an enemy to help out your team if you're low on health and leaving the fight.
You're going to want to max out Two-Shiv Poison before Jack In The Box and after Deceive.
- When running away from a single target then turn around throw and your Two-Shiv Poison and Deceive away.
- Use Two-Shiv Poison in the jungle to minimize your time spent in the jungle.
- Two-Shiv Poison resets your attack timer, which means after throwing Two-Shiv Poison you don't have to wait for the basic attacks cooldown to attack again. So for maximum damage do the following: Deceive, basic attack in the back, Two-Shiv Poison, basic attack. Then keep using your spells for the kill.
Hallucinate (R) is Shacos ultimate. It creates a illusion of Shaco which deal less damage and take more damage, it also only deals half of that damage to turrets but it's still a very good ultimate.
You're going to want to max out Hallucinate first, because it's your ultimate which you always get on level 6, 11 and 16.
- Activate your Hallucinate when in a 1vs1 to get an advantage, and if you play smart you can get the foe to attack the clone.
- When you want to take a tower quickly, you use your clone and attack the turret with him also for some good extra damage.
- When you want to fool you enemies to blow their ultimates, go into a brush, use Hallucinate and ALT + Right click to control your copy, if you have a decent amount of hp they will probably blow their ultimate on you and your clone will blow up, then you Deceive in and take the kill because they probably wasted all their spells to get your clone down.
You want to get Jack In The Box first of all abilities in order to be able to jungle as Shaco. I don't think you can jungle any other way with him.
Second getting Two-Shiv Poison to maximize your damage in the jungle. Since you have the the blue buff you can constantly spam your abilities without worrying of getting out of mana. And third you get Deceive your main damage spell, your bread and butter, you awesome gank ability! This gives great damage in those early gank where you easily can dish out 150-200 damage on a single hit.
Then get 2 more points in Deceive for even greater gank damage, since you do so much damage, the opponents will be insecure and won't push their lane as far as they usually do.
Next up you get our ultimate, this is pretty obvious because on the most characters you get the ultimate at level 6 when it's available for the first time.
Then get a point in Two-Shiv Poison for better slow and more damage.
Then get 2 points in Deceive and max it out! Now you got an incredible source of damage, and if you hit in the foes in the back, you'll be doing even more damage!
Now grab a point in Two-Shiv Poison and then get Hallucinate at level 11. Now keep on maxing out Two-Shiv Poison and get 1 point at Hallucinate at level 16.
Then get the remaining points in Jack In The Box for the longer fear duration.
You could max Jack In The Box out before Two-Shiv Poison if you'd rather like.
I get this item because it gives you some damage, armor and a lot of lifesteal. Also it comes with a free ward every 3 minutes. Perfect for any AD jungler!
Of course the boots are optional and you can get which ever you want. I mostly go with these, Berserker's Greaves or Mercury's Treads if the got heavy CC. Boots of Mobility is a great pair of boots, because they give great mobility while running from mob to mob, or to a gank.
Do I need to explain this item? It gives a massive amount of attack damage, critical chance and critical strike damage. Which makes your critical strikes do more damage. Combined with Deceive you never have to worry in a 1vs1, Just Deceive in and hit them in the back. 1/2 - 1/5 of their hp should be missing if they have a normal amount of hp.
- And of course, the legendary and so hated Trinity Force. When ever you use a spell, your next basic attack will deal double the damage it would usually give. Combined with Deceive and Infinity Edge you'll crit like a god!
Items - Damage
|ace||Last Whisper is an item which is good against those armor stacking tanks like Rammus, Malphite among others. Also grants a bit of attack damage which is very nice to have. This item i nearly get every time I face an armor tank, but it's really not necessary just because you shouldn't be focusing tanks.|
|ace||Youmuu's Ghostblade is another great offensive item which unlike most offensive items grants cooldown reduction. That's very good for those moments when you just need like 0.3 seconds to escape with your Deceive. And of course it gives a little bit of attack damage which is nice and also some attack speed.|
|ace||The Bloodthirster is an item that provides attack damage and lifsteal, when fully stacked it gives 100 attack damage and 25% lifesteal! This item gives the most attack damage in the game, same as a fully stacked Sword of the Occult. If i feel like i need more lifesteal than attack speed i usually get this instead of The Bloodthirster.|
|ace||Trinity Force is the only item i get for hp and mana, it gives a bit of everything but people usually don't like this but we need something to build Sheen into. It gives you some movement speed which gives you even more mobility and critical chance as well, and that's nice to for getting extra damage on your basic attacks.|
|ace||Guardian Angel is one of my favorite defensive items. It gives you an extra life when you just walked a few steps to far and got CC'ed to death. After getting revived you immediately Deceive away and that should leave you without a death. It offers some great armor and magic resist as well which is good for 1vs1 against basically anybody.|
|ace||Thornmail gives the most armor in the entire game and it has an awesome passive, which unfortunately doesn't stack. But that can be good in some cases, for example if your facing a champion that stacks multiple thornmails well that would be your death and it still is if you focus those tanks wearing Thornmail, leave all armor tanks to the AP carries in your team or just don't focus them at all!|
In this chapter i will show you my jungle route and how I jungle.
If you rather prefer watching the map here it is:
Upgrade your skill Two-Shiv Poison and move on to the wolf camp.
Look for opportunities to gank, and if there is no good opportunity then keep on your basic jungling route (Wraiths -> Wolves -> Double Golems) getting the buffs whenever they spawn. If you leave your jungle you should be pretty sure that you will be able to kill a opponent in your gank because thanks to the new jungle leaving your jungle without getting a kill can leave you a couple of levels behind.
1. Use Hallucinate then ALT + Right click the dragon.
2. Place a Jack In The Box close to the dragon.
3. Hit the dragon in the back for extra damage.
4. Keep throwing your Two-Shiv Poison and place Jack In The Box whenever you can.
Jungle Respawn Timers
Here I'll show you the time all neutral monster spawn and re-spawn at, this is very necessary for most junglers to know, especially Shaco because in the early levels you'll need to place down some boxes so getting there a bit before the monster spawn is good.
This is good spots for and your team to place your Sight Ward.
- Yellow: Vital to protect your jungler from being countered and killed.
- Blue: For protecting from ganks depending on which lane you're on.
- Red: To guard Dragon and Baron Nashor.
- Orange: In order to counter-jungle.
As a summary of my build i would like to thank everybody who supported me during the making of this guide and the participants of the video, which also are my "In-Real Life" friends.
And my biggest thanks goes to JhoiJhoi who taught me everything I know about making guides and I learned it all from reading her guide Making a Guide. If you are new into making guides and would like to make your own, I REALLY recommend you to check this out.
From Oldest to Newest.
- Finished writing build.
- Finished the last things, went trough grammar and spelling, uploaded to MobaFire.
Shaco, Devil of Solo Q
Disregard creeps - Farm champions
Shaco - Ahueahue
By Dante Rebellion
PP: In-Depth Jungle Shaco Guide [S3]
By Pluckin Penguin