Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Ashe Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi May 20, 2011 8:11am
119 posts - page 9 of 12
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 5:23pm | Report
@jhoijhoi:

Having more health means people are less likely to engage.

If the person has more health, you're less likely to attack them unless you harass. Harassing is passive play as far as I'm concerned.
Aggressive play is when you really start trying to push them out of the exp zone or either killing them or forcing them to fight back.

Passive play is about what your opponent is willing to do, not what you're willing to do.
An opponent with 4~5 health bars is more tempting then one with 6~7 bars.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 7:18pm | Report
Oh, I see. The way Jebus explained it made me think, "Okay, if I want to play passively, I should buy HP Quints" not, "Okay, if I want the enemy to play passively, I need early health through HP Quints".

Thanks for the insight ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:22am | Report
Time for a necro!

jhoijhoi wrote:
]Hey guys ^^

I've taken into consideration all the comments on my guide so far, but I was wondering if I could receive some more feedback on my guide/find out how you all play Ashe. I've had some people say my guide is terrible, and that's fine, not everyone will love it, but they haven't really pinpointed how to improve my guide. That's what I'm asking of you guys :3

Summoners: Flash + Ghost
Mastery Tree Set: 21/0/9
Runes: Swiftness, Armour Penetration, Mana Regeneration, Cooldown Reduction
Skilling Order: Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Hawkshot / Frost Shot
Items: Doran's Blade, Mercury's Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil, Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver

Is this how everyone else plays Ashe?

What's the most ideally realistic Ashe build? I'm happy to make changes to my guide to reflect positive feedback. Also, I often quote people within my guide to make my suggestions even more comprehensive, so more than likely you'll end up in my guide somewhere if you comment ^^

Thanks in advance for all civil replies! (the link to my guide is in my signature - don't want to break any rules)

After 3 pages of constructive criticism, I made these changes:

jhoijhoi wrote:
-remained the same

Mastery Tree Set: 15/0/15
-changed due to the realisation that the Utility Tree is a better resource to use for mana regeneration allowing Ashe's runes to be more flexible and centred around survivability/damage.

Runes: Quints of Desolation, Marks of Armour Penetration, Seals of Armour, Glyphs of Cooldown Reduction
- changed to reflect Mastery Tree changes. Basically because I'm receiving mana from the Utility side of the tree and I'm making up for the loss of damage in the Offense tree (no Havoc - so using Quints of Desolation) - that leaves me with little survivability in terms of runes. Thus the use of Armour runes which certainly will give Ashe an early game bonus.

Skilling Order: Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Hawkshot / Frost Shot
- remained the same so far because the utility Hawkshot brings is too vital to give up in regards to increasing its range

Items: Doran's Blade, Mercury's Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil, Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver
- I am still debating whether to change this.

After intense peer pressure, including 4 more pages of intense debate (:P), I made the following changes which hold true to my guide today:

Mastery Tree Set: 15/0/15
Runes: Desolation, Armour Penetration, Mana Regeneration, Flat Cooldown Reduction
Skilling Order: Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Frost Shot > Hawkshot
Items: Doran's Blade, Mercury's Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil, Last Whisper, Bloodthirster

Now I am asking you all:

* if 15/0/15 is still viable,
* whether I should change my summoners to exhuast + Flash to reflect the current meta,
* whether I should list wriggles lantern as a possible item and
* whether my guide needs to be improved any further.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:42am | Report
i usually take flat MR glyphs, dont wanna get destroyed by jax early game >__>

and i dont find CDR that useful, probably just me. meh

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 1:01am | Report
Exhaust just doesn't seem like a top pick for Ashe.. She already has a ton of CC.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
dmarco
<Member>
dmarco's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 4:47am | Report
Exhaust is strong on any carry. It allows you to duel.

I dunno why Mercs are core, Berserkers are way more beneficial and Mercs is bought in like 1% of situations.

21/0/9 is strong but 16/0/14 15/0/15 still strong because Ashe is more utility based than raw damage.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:36am | Report
Yea, but Ashe is weak at dueling anyways..
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:57am | Report
IMO something like this.

Mastery Tree: 15/0/15
Runes: ArPen Quints, ArPen Marks, Mana Regeneration Seals, Flat Cooldown Reduction Glyphs
Skill Sequence: Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Frost Shot > Hawkshot
Core Items: Doran's Blade for duo lane / Boots for solo lane, Berserker's Greaves later sold to Mercury's Treads or kept depending if you're doing well or not, Infinity Edge, Zeal, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer
Situational Items:Usually these two Bloodthirster, Banshee's Veil,Depending on the situation, can also be Madred's Bloodrazor, Wit's End

I think the Runes should include some attack speed for farming in duo lanes. Not really sure. I still run the ones listed.
jhoijhoi wrote:

* if 15/0/15 is still viable,
* whether I should change my summoners to exhuast + Flash to reflect the current meta,
* whether I should list wriggles lantern as a possible item and
* whether my guide needs to be improved any further.
  • 15/0/15 should definitely be viable because of the insane utility it gives ( Improved Ghost Flash, mana regen, move speed, etc). Ashe doesn't need all points in Offense, because utility provides better stats on Ashe.
  • Exhaust isn't as good on ashe as Ghost, because you already have a built in slow, and you really shouldn't be dueling against someone. Even if you do, that should be late game, and late game Ashe you should stay with the team.
  • The only person who used Wriggle's Lantern was Chaox in IEM. I think that you should add it as a possibility in your guide, but don't recommend it unless you're absolutely sure lane phase is going to be a long time.
  • Your guide's good enough :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:42pm | Report
I pretty much agree with what Rose said.

I almost never take Exhaust on Ashe, basically because she already has Frost Shot. A champion with a way to counter CC (Irelia, Garen's Judgment) will escape both FS and Exhaust, so Ghost will allow you to stay with them. It's also more useful for escaping.

Wriggle's also slows down your build a lot for a carry. The Bloodthirster gives better late damage and lifesteal, and with the Support/Carry bot lane you shouldn't need help last-hitting. I would only use Wriggles on tanky DPS and physical junglers.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:17pm | Report
Psi: The whole Wriggles thing is about 3 champions getting it to get Dragon/Baron in record time/early game.

Exhaust is more about the damage reduction than about slowing the enemy. I wouldn't take Exhaust just for the slow o.O

I'm glad most of you agree 15/0/15 is viable. With the Havoc changes, I thought it may be a better idea to switch to 21/0/9, but I'll leave those masteries to hard hitters like Vayne and Caitlyn.

I don't buy Merc's much now (really weird. Pre-level 30 no Merc's. Hit level 30, Merc's in all games on all champs. Level 30 + 400 wins = no Merc's on anyone), I tend to buy Zerk's on all carries, but I don't think I should change that in my guide?

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide