Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vladimir - The Crimson Reaper: A Collaborative...

Creator: Janitsu May 29, 2014 8:43pm
1 2
Which champion would you like to see next?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 8:43pm | Report
________ MobaFire's Vladimir Collaborative Guide ________

Welcome to the fourth article in a series of upcoming collaborative guides! These articles will be made by the current Editors, Scouts, Veterans and Moderators of MobaFire and will feature champion tips and tricks. At the end of each article will be a suggested build to help you get started on the Fields of Justice. This week's champion is Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper! Read and enjoy!

________Vladimir's History________

Vladimir joined the League in Season 1 and has had no reworks, but many nerfs since then. Upon release, Vlad was extremely difficult to deal with in lane - the only champion to be nerfed more than Vladimir is Irelia. Today, despite the many nerfs, he is traditionally picked as a tanky mage. Vladimir is best played against low-kill potential enemies top or mid lane; Vlad is a great choice due to his sustain from Transfusion and Tides of Blood. Compounding his survivability through building Ability Power, is his passive, Crimson Pact. He also gets survivability through AP thanks to his passive, Crimson Pact.

________Vladimir's Lore ________

There is a temple hidden in the mountains between Noxus and the Tempest Flats, where the secrets of an ancient and terrifying sorcery are kept. The area surrounding the temple is littered with the exsanguinated corpses of those who have mistakenly wandered too close. These served only to pique the curiosity of Vladimir, when – in his youth – he trekked through these mountains during his flight from Noxus. A day earlier, the teenaged Vladimir had brutally murdered two boys of his age, for no better reason than to enjoy the intoxicating scarlet bloom that surged forth. He realized immediately that he would never be able to suppress his murderous desires, and if he remained in Noxus, his foul deeds were sure to catch up with him. Without hesitation, he abandoned the city-state, and journeyed south.

The trail of bodies led him to a crumbling stone temple. Inside he found an aging monk who appraised him with eyes of pure crimson. Vladimir surprised the monk by returning the wicked gaze with zeal. Recognizing the boy’s sinister craving, the monk taught Vladimir how to manipulate and control the fluid of life, often practicing on passing travelers. When it came time for Vladimir to learn the final lesson, the monk warned that failure would result in death. Vladimir did not fail, but success bore a grisly surprise. During the ritual, every drop of the monk's blood was drawn from his body and fused with Vladimir's, imbuing him with his master's magical essence, and that of every hemomancer before him. Left alone and suddenly without purpose, Vladimir resolved to return to Noxus, demanding enrollment in the League to prove the supremacy of his craft. When the Noxian High Command observed the gruesome fates which befell the palace guards, they elected to avail themselves of Vladimir's unsavory talents.

"That which runs through you will run you through."

- Vladimir

________ Vladimir's Abilities ________

P
  • Vladimir benefits from increased tankiness through purchasing of Ability Power items, or increased damage through purchasing health items. This means that even if you're forced to build tanky health items in a lost lane, you still increase your damage.

Q
  • The health gained back has a delay unlike other health restoring effects such as spellvamp or lifesteal.
  • This ability has no cost, only a cool down, therefore many Vlad's use it to regain health back whenever necessary.
  • Try to avoid using this on minions, as it can be an effective harassment tool against your enemy for a more dominant laning phase.
  • At level 9, the cooldown of this ability is lowered enough that you can significantly chip away at the health of your opponent, or, if you're losing the lane, allow you to remain sustained.

W
  • This ability has a very high resource cost (Vladmir uses his own health for this ability). Try to use this spell only to dodge dangerous enemy abilities, to avoid crowd control effects or if you are certain that this loss of health will not be a threat to you.
  • You cannot kill yourself by activating this spell on low health.
  • Even though are untargetable in the pool, you can still be affected by enemy obstructions (like Crystallize, Event Horizon, Cataclysm etc) and damage over time effects that were cast prior to activating Sanguine Pool (like Toxic Shot, Malefic Visions, Ignite).
  • You are untargetable by both allies and enemies. That means an ally cannot summoner Heal you when you are on low health. The only allied heal that Vlad can benefit from is Soraka's Wish. Other effects, like Taric's Radiance, Gangplank's Raise Morale, etc is not gained if Vlad is pooled.
  • You can completely deny Zed's Death Mark if you use it before he lands on you. This might save your life since a lot of damage Zed deals comes from his ultimate. Similarly, you can dodge Karthus Requiem.
  • You can combo Ghost and Sangine Pool for an even speedier get away.

E
  • When this ability is used a few times in a row, its damage, health regen and health cost increase. This is a double-edged sword, as while the amped damage is attractive, as is the increased healing and regeneration rate, make sure you can afford the increased health cost of the ability, lest you make yourself very vulnerable through killing yourself.
  • You can use this ability without a nearby target, effectively allowing you to stack it's damage. You can use this trick by stacking the damage away from the view of your opponent, and then use this ability to deal a lot of surprising damage.
  • If you are close to engaging combat and you can afford the health cost, it is worth stacking this ability to it's 4 maximum.

R
  • The 12% AoE damage amplification counts for all sources of potential surrounding damage. Whether the damage comes from Vladimir himself, his allies, or neutral creatures such as Baron Nashor, Dragon and creep camps.
  • This ability is best used during the start of an engage, as all enemies caught by the AoE will theoretically die 12% faster.
  • The damage amplification mark only lasts for 5 seconds, so it's imperative to do as much damage as possible during that time frame.
  • At the end of the 5 seconds, enemies afflicted with Hemoplague are damaged; this extra damage can kill a low health target outright, depending on Vlad's AP.

________ Vladimir Gameplay________

Game
Play
  • Vladimir has a very slow autoattack animation so you'll need some practice to successfully last hit with him.
  • Vladimir can sustain himself very easily by using Tides of Blood in moderation and using Transfusion as much as possible. Use this sustain advantage while laning and try to force your enemies to go back as often as possible to make them lose experience and gold.
  • When ganked, try to bait out their crowd control abilities before using Sanguine Pool, if you wait long enough, they will attempt to snare/stun/root/slow you, which you can then dodge with pool for a speedy get away.

Team
Fights
  • As you will be naturally tanky due to Crimson Pact, you can effectively engage fights.
  • Dive into the enemy team and land Hemoplague on as many opponents as possible. Take aggro and then use Zhonya's Hourglass to avoid being bursted down to death instantly; keep Sanguine Pool for emergency escapes. Continue soaking up as much damage as possible for your team while trying to clean up after the first initiation burst, through spamming Transfusion and Tides of Blood.
  • Remember to stack Tides of Blood before entering the teamfight so that you have increased health regeneration and amped damage.
  • Alternative: - - - - - - - -

Item
Info

________ Build________

________Credits________

________Previous Articles________

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 9:12pm | Report
Probably should have waited to see if everyone else was happy with my edits :/
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 9:14pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Probably should have waited to see if everyone else was happy with my edits :/

You didn't remove any information and you only added some and from what I read there wasn't anything "wrong" with the explanations. And I think that no one has anything against though :p
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 10:52pm | Report
There are a few typos I didn't see when editing :/

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 3:07am | Report
I´m a bit late to this but I´d suggest flash+ghost summoners. It's what most high elo vlads run (Source: Youngbuck in LCS)
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 3:53am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I´m a bit late to this but I´d suggest flash+ghost summoners. It's what most high elo vlads run (Source: Youngbuck in LCS)

I agree with this, definitely a thing that works well.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 5:22am | Report
We didn't make a section for Summoner Spells only, but Barrier, Flash, Ghost, Heal, Ignite, and Teleport are all viable to take on Vlad. It really comes down to individual top lane / mid lane matchup and your preferred playstyle.
I support utility guided virtue ethics.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 8:17am | Report
am I the only one who doesn't understand why the listed build has no sorc's or void in it? @-@

like, that makes basically no sense.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 9:09am | Report
We didn't make a section for boots only, but Sorc shoes, Ninja Tabi, Merc Treads, and Lucidity Boots are all viable to take on Vlad. It really comes down to individual top lane / mid lane matchup and your preferred playstyle.
"Listen to Joe... he knows what he's doing."
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2014 2:30pm | Report

am I the only one who doesn't understand why the listed build has no sorc's or void in it? @-@

like, that makes basically no sense.

You had ample time to bring this issue up in the forum before the article was released. Did you make a comment about it there prior to release?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide