Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your graphing resource.

Creator: Searz January 25, 2011 3:31pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 3:31pm | Report

Legend

AS = Attack Speed
DPS = Damage Per Second
CrC = Crit Chance
CrD = Crit Damage
AD = Attack Damage
ArP = Armor Penetration
ArR = Armor Reduction

MrP = Magic Penetration
MrR = Magic Reduction

AP = Ability Power
MR = Magic Resist

/lvl = Per level. A bonus that is divided over all your levels with a part given each level.

Please keep in mind that most of these are now outdated. I'm not sure I have the time to re-do them all, sorry.

This section is the only one that is updated.

Making your own graphs

Want to compare the damage of two items, different rune types or anything else? Follow the instructions below!

You can download the graphing program I use here.
I'm gonna mention some formulas so that you can use them to make your own comparisons.
I use an estimated base AS and AS per lvl in the formula with AS. (it might not be up to date tho)

• Damage with crit and AS at level 18 = (AD*%CrD/100*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*0.66*(1.5+%AS from items/100)*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Damage with crit, armor reduction and AS at level 18 = (AD*%CrD/100*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*0.66*(1.5+%AS from items/100)*100/(100+((x-ArR)*(1-%ArP/100)-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Damage with crit = (AD*%CrD/100*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Damage with crit and armor reduction = (AD*%CrD/100*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*100(100+((x-ArR)*(1-%ArP/100)-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Damage without crit = AD*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Physical ability = (AD*ADratio+flat damage)*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Physical ability with armor reduction = (AD*ADratio+flat damage)*100/(100+((x-ArR)*(1-%ArP/100)-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

• Magical ability = (AP*APratio+flat damage)*100/(100+(x-MrP)*(1-%MrP/100))

• Magical ability with magic reduction = (AP*APratio+flat damage)*100/(100+((x-MrR)*(1-%MrR/100)-MrP)*(1-%MrP/100))

Just add all the stats from your items and base stats to the functions (the formulas above) and you'll be making nice graphs in no time!

A few tips for making them prettier:

• Double click on the "Axes" and you'll be able to edit the colors, fonts and visibility. Here are a few settings that I recommend changing:
    • Change "Axes style" to "Boxed" (under "Settings").

• Tick the "Show grid" boxes for both the Y and X axes.

• Write "Armor/Magic Resist" in the X-axis label and write "Damage" in the Y-axis label.

• Set the minimum in X and Y axes to 0 and set the maximum to 305 for X and 500 for Y. Then adjust these numbers so that you best can view the functions (lines) when you're done with them.

• The starting point of your line/function (argument range) should be the same as your flat penetration(because it can't go negative; penetration penetrates, it doesn't reduce).

• Change the colors of the lines so that you can keep track of them easier. You might also wanna increase the width of the lines.

• If you know your way around percentages in math you can change all the percentage related calculations to a decimal number right away (like: 1-%ArP/100). For example: 50% ArP makes 1-%ArP/100 equal 0.5, while 30% makes it 0.3 and 25% makes it 0.25 (I think you get the point. This mainly allows the formulas to get shorter so that you can more easily look over them.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2011 12:07am | Report
GREAT stuff.

Somethin i was always wondering could be done on graphs too (if you have time ofc)

Builds for Karthus ultimate vs Mres.

Basic builds will consist of:
4xStaff/Sorc boots/Rabadon's Deathcap
vs
other builds (like consisting Void Staff and so on, and maybe the value of sorceror boots vs CDR boots for ultimate.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2011 1:22am | Report
DEWO wrote:

4xStaff/Sorc boots/Rabadon's Deathcap
vs
other builds (like consisting Void Staff and so on, and maybe the value of sorceror boots vs CDR boots for ultimate.

I'll make 2 graphs for that. 4xstaff vs others and Sorc boots vs CDR. Tho 4xstaff is kinda stupid.. It's insanely easy to counter. 3xstaff is the only thing I think may pay off.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2011 1:29am | Report
Well 4x Staff is still best for building raw AP, and btw what do you mean by "countering" a staff build?
It is ******ed idea but works on Karthus and it is mainly for the Ulti calculations.

Also i was wondering about the utility of Void staff on Karthus, since you cant rely on Abysal Scepter due to AoE range.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2011 6:48am | Report
Why can't you rely on Abyssal Mask?

4xStaff is incredibly easy to counter with magic resist. One MR item will drag the damage below the damage a Void Staff+3xStaff gives.

I will make this graph for you since I've already started, but it would be great if everyone learned how to make their own graphs. Try it yourself and I'll fill you in on anything you don't get.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 12:36am | Report
Becouse Abyssal Scepter has an AoE Aura, and its not globas as your ulti is :)

Most common MR is Banshee so if we take 50MR
4th staff will give you about 250AP
Void gives 70AP

so do you think that 40% mpen on som1 that bought banshee with 50MR will be better than 180AP?

this are the questions i'd love to see answered with your graphs :)

I just aksed you for the graph since you already had expirience with it. Ofc will try to make mine too coz i think it is a great tool, just didnt have enaugh time.

Thx for some usefull topic read (at least one once a year happens here :P )

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 6:07am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Becouse Abyssal Scepter has an AoE Aura, and its not globas as your ulti is :)

Oh my god >.> I totally forgot about that. I can't believe I didn't think about that..

Quoted:
4th staff will give you about 250AP

It actually gives almost exactly 200AP.

Quoted:
so do you think that 40% mpen on som1 that bought banshee with 50MR will be better than 180AP?

I know it is. I've made the graphs, but they're at my stationary comp. I'll upload them as soon as I can. If I remember correctly Void Staff deals more damage above about 60MR, so one cheap MR item is even enough.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 6:24am | Report
Searz wrote:

It actually gives almost exactly 200AP.

Did you count the Rabadan bonus with it? I am more than sure that it will give about 250

nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 8:29am | Report
It's exactly 201.5 per staff.

@DEWO: The 30% increase is unique
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 11:33am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Did you count the Rabadan bonus with it? I am more than sure that it will give about 250

I'm counting that on the total amount, not on each item. After all, the bonus is from deathcap, not the staffs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide