Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Cho'Gath throwaway

Creator: TRUeLM February 4, 2011 2:27pm
3 posts - page 1 of 1
TRUeLM
<Member>
TRUeLM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2011 2:27pm | Report

Originally meant for battle, but the theme was changed.

D:<

I spent about 30 minutes working on this a few days ago. It's a finished product, minus text of course. Any thoughts?

ALSO: If anyone wants it, just gimme a holler.
Kibblinator
<Member>
Kibblinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 1:09am | Report
Wow I really like this one of your sigs :).

The render is nice just in its appearance and the sig is well colour coordinated - the purple hues and general saturation all seem to blend together quite nicely. But i'm sure you know what you did well so lets move on:

However, I can see a few flaws here. Firstly, there's a big blank space at the top left which just looks empty - Whether you put text there or not, as of yet it looks odd and I'm not sure quite how you'll manage to incorporate text their that fits the sig in colour whilst countering how empty the area is. There are a few colour blips as well despite what i said earlier - such as the top of chos head where there is a blotch of light which draws my eye away from the sig itself. the same applies (to a certain extent) to the orange specks around the bottom left corner. To me the horns (not sure what to call them lol) look a teensy bit to bright for the rest of the sig as well, although they do at least drag your eyes to the general area of cho as opposed to the text/empty space as it is now.

Hope you get a nice avatar soon, but til then, our ways part once more TRUeLM ;D
TRUeLM
<Member>
TRUeLM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2011 2:07am | Report
Thabks kibbles :D

About this,

That big blank space is the background, actually, and it's not really as empty as it seems. Though I figure at this point I've pretty much failed at conveying something here, I'll just explain how I had hoped for it to be seen :

As obvious, its Cho'Gath. He's climbing up from some kind of like, cavern I guess? and the blank space is how far down you can see. The blotch of light is actually the light source, which is coming from the top of whatever he's climbing out of - as would be evident in real life - and the orange stuff in the bottom right is like...

something wrong with the part of the render I used. I tried lots of times to fix it, but to no avail D:

The brightness of the horns was an attempt at catching the shine of said light, but I can see I failed at that.

I think that this kind of art really shouldn't have to be explained, and as such...I have failed horribly lol, but I'll make sure to try harder next time. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write as responsive cnc, I appreciate it. Also, I'll get me one of those fancy avatars xDDD

'tis a shame we have to part ways, kibbles, but bye :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide